Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12  All

Author Topic: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall  (Read 31327 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2012, 11:01:53 pm »

Hold on e, let me see if I can find an article.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2012, 11:05:18 pm »

Hold on e, let me see if I can find an article.

I've found a couple but none have been super convincing to me.  Since we're all free to say what we want to anyway, the only thing it really does is prevent people from lying about what they'll vote, right?  But lying would be a dumb move anyway.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2012, 11:10:18 pm »

Well, got this, though it doesn't cover WHY:

" Very powerful card. If given to a spy, the spy has fewer options. If given to a suspicious Resistance member, and this often happens, it can provide cover for spy voting. If given to a trusted Resistance member, it can be bad for spies. A double edged sword for sure."

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2012, 11:10:59 pm »

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2012, 11:17:52 pm »

Yeah, saw that.  No explanation makes it difficult.  In any case, I don't have strong suspicions of anyone.  TINAS remains least suspicious to me, but not by a huge margin.  Everyone still looks relatively neutral and we've all been pretty quiet here.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2012, 12:23:10 am »

Man, now I'm bored with both Mafia threads closed!

eHalcyon, it's shocking that I can't find more info. There's a great post about how to play spy that mentions it, but only that it's super good for Resistance, and how to negate it's effects if placed on a known spy.

My thought then is that it should go on a known Resistance, but outside myself, whom you can't really trust, and without putting it on yourself, I don't know what to tell you.

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2012, 12:26:35 am »

Looking for insight from more experienced players.  WoG maybe (since he started the original "let's play Resistance" thread, I think?) and TINAS, I think?  Of course, if either is a spy, the suggestion they give is inherently suspect.  But I'd like to hear from everyone.  I mean, I can certainly random it, but I also want to get better at this game and Strong Opinion is something I'm unsure of how to handle.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2012, 03:32:56 am »

Opinion Maker is very meh, in my opinion. Everyone who has a strong opinion is up-front about how they are voting anyway, and nobody would say one thing and do something else because that's just stupid. Anyone who doesn't express an opinion will then be grilled on their vote if it comes out unexpected. I guess the best thing to do (in terms of actually making a difference) would be to give it to someone quiet who would otherwise follow the crowd. It forces them to think for themselves and stop blending in to the background.

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2012, 07:26:05 am »

Looking for insight from more experienced players.  WoG maybe (since he started the original "let's play Resistance" thread, I think?) and TINAS, I think?  Of course, if either is a spy, the suggestion they give is inherently suspect.  But I'd like to hear from everyone.  I mean, I can certainly random it, but I also want to get better at this game and Strong Opinion is something I'm unsure of how to handle.
I'm not experienced (played Resistance twice) I would say that Morgrim might be a good choice just because his no votes are likely going to be especially meaningful

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2012, 09:32:20 pm »

##I give the Strong Opinion plot card to Morgrim7.  Even though he's probably going to vote yes on everything...  ???

## I propose eHalcyon, Thisisnotasmile and Robz888 for mission 2.  Let's go team!  We've got Tunnels to collapse, King's Courts to overthrow...

Morgrim -- you're gonna have to vote first now, and publicly on this board!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2012, 09:39:45 pm »

Can we discuss before he votes?

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2012, 12:56:17 am »

Can we discuss before he votes?

Yes we can.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2012, 01:04:28 am »

Well, I support this team.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2012, 01:05:14 am »

Well, I support this team.

I should clarify: Because it includes someone who was on the previous successful mission, and it includes me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2012, 01:32:29 am »

Generally, I should vote No, if it doesn't include me, and contains someone I believe might be a spy, correct? But I'll never have leader this round, so if I vote yes and we lose, it gives us valuable information (eHalcyon could be spy, hiding first mission, or one of TINAS/Robz is  - or a combination thereof).

What's the better move for me here? I would rather go up 2-0, so wait and hope to hit a pairing of my liking, but going 1-1 doesn't seen like the end of the world for us either. I'm so confused. ???

I'm leaning towards no, but am not sure.

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2012, 12:46:59 am »

Maybe I should have given it to someone more active.  :-\

I would PM Morgrim to get a move on but I think that falls into illegal private communication territory.

## Tables, maybe you can give him a bump? :)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »

Yes, this is worrying. I'll give him a bump now. Sorry it's been so long, busy and then the forum went down for me earlier as I tried to check the game.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2012, 06:17:30 pm »

While waiting for Opinion Maker to resolve, feel free to send conditional orders depending on the OM's vote (e.g. Yes regardless, Yes if he votes yes, no if he votes no etc.). After this round (from 2.2 or 3.1 onwards), the Opinion Maker will have 48 hours to cast their vote - if they fail to do so, it will default to NO after that 48 hours. Everyone will have 48 hours to vote as well from the start of the vote, or 24 hours after the OM votes, whichever is longer
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2012, 08:44:57 pm »

Sorry about the delay…
Anyway, Vote: Disapprove
I wanna be on the team.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2012, 09:32:45 pm »

Sorry about the delay…
Anyway, Vote: Disapprove
I wanna be on the team.

Well... that's different.  Maybe I should have sent Tables conditionals after all. 

## Can we change our vote even though one has already been sent?

But I guess I'll let my current vote stand.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2012, 07:17:13 pm »

I have no problems with votes being changed.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2012, 07:19:09 pm »

Vote 2.1 is in

Mission 2.1:
Team: Thisisnotasmile, eHalcyon, Robz888,
Yes: Robz888,
No: WrathOfGlod, Morgrim7, Thisisnotasmile, Galzria, eHalcyon,
Result: Yes - 1, No - 5
Proposal Fails

Leadership passes to Robz888. Robz, you have 5 days to propose a team

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2012, 08:03:40 pm »

So I'm not sure if people have reads on anyone yet.  I know that TINAS and Galzria were rather antagonistic earlier, though it's understandable on both sides.

For my part, TINAS has looked least scummy (to borrow Mafia terms) so far.  Galzria and Morgrim have both been a little off, but only a little.  Galzria because of "if we get to mission 5 I won't veto and prove myself RO" (and I know it was just a passing comment, not a full out suggestion -- not gonna twist that ;) ) and Morgrim because of his many "yes" votes.  I was mostly neutral on WoG and Robz.

I proposed TINAS and Robz hoping to see something interesting from the votes re: Robz.  I included TINAS because of my RO read on him.  Didn't want to pick Morgrim because I expected him to say yes either way.  I was inclined to exclude Galzria as well just because he it would be too easy to vote yes for it (given that we were both on the mission 1 success).  Then, it was just a toss up between Robz and WoG.

And I got more than I thought I would.

Suspicion on Galzria is *slightly* up now, because of this post:

Generally, I should vote No, if it doesn't include me, and contains someone I believe might be a spy, correct? But I'll never have leader this round, so if I vote yes and we lose, it gives us valuable information (eHalcyon could be spy, hiding first mission, or one of TINAS/Robz is  - or a combination thereof).

What's the better move for me here? I would rather go up 2-0, so wait and hope to hit a pairing of my liking, but going 1-1 doesn't seen like the end of the world for us either. I'm so confused. ???

Galzria, IMO, I don't see any reason why you should have voted yes.  Indeed, if the mission goes through and it gets red-carded, you do get information.  But as we said earlier (I think?) this holds true whether you accept the first mission or the fifth mission.  In the meanwhile, holding off on missions gets us MORE data.

But that's not all.  Earlier on you very rather against TINAS, so why wouldn't that continue into today?  If you meant what you said, it would make a lot of sense to vote AGAINST this mission, just to keep TINAS off the team.

All that said, I can imagine a few reasonable explanations for your questions, which is why I think it only makes you a bit more suspicious.  I really want to see your response.

MUCH more interesting thing that happened -- Morgrim votes NO for the first time and says that he wants to be on the team.  This is a strange change from his mission 1 vote pattern.  What happened?  I see two major possible explanations.  The first is that our arguments during the first mission (or maybe just Opinion Maker) convinced him to vote with greater care.  The second explanation... Morgrim could be a spy.

On the first day, Spy Morgrim doesn't really care who goes on the mission.  He votes yes to everything.  If the team passes, great -- less information available to the rest of us.  Otherwise, it doesn't really make a difference to him.

But now, the Resistance is up by 1.  It would majorly suck for the Spies to be down 2-0.  For all he knows, TINAS and I were going to approve the team since we were included (and Robz had already publicly voiced his intent to approve).  If he voted yes as well, the team would go through with at least 4/6 approving.  If there are no spies on that team, well, the safe thing to do is to vote NO and hope the team that is eventually approved has at least one Spy on it.

Therefore I am inclined to trust both TINAS and Robz a little more.

Morgrim, any comments on this?

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2012, 08:13:08 pm »

So I'm not sure if people have reads on anyone yet.  I know that TINAS and Galzria were rather antagonistic earlier, though it's understandable on both sides.

For my part, TINAS has looked least scummy (to borrow Mafia terms) so far.  Galzria and Morgrim have both been a little off, but only a little.  Galzria because of "if we get to mission 5 I won't veto and prove myself RO" (and I know it was just a passing comment, not a full out suggestion -- not gonna twist that ;) ) and Morgrim because of his many "yes" votes.  I was mostly neutral on WoG and Robz.

I proposed TINAS and Robz hoping to see something interesting from the votes re: Robz.  I included TINAS because of my RO read on him.  Didn't want to pick Morgrim because I expected him to say yes either way.  I was inclined to exclude Galzria as well just because he it would be too easy to vote yes for it (given that we were both on the mission 1 success).  Then, it was just a toss up between Robz and WoG.

And I got more than I thought I would.

Suspicion on Galzria is *slightly* up now, because of this post:

Galzria, IMO, I don't see any reason why you should have voted yes.  Indeed, if the mission goes through and it gets red-carded, you do get information.  But as we said earlier (I think?) this holds true whether you accept the first mission or the fifth mission.  In the meanwhile, holding off on missions gets us MORE data.

But that's not all.  Earlier on you very rather against TINAS, so why wouldn't that continue into today?  If you meant what you said, it would make a lot of sense to vote AGAINST this mission, just to keep TINAS off the team.

All that said, I can imagine a few reasonable explanations for your questions, which is why I think it only makes you a bit more suspicious.  I really want to see your response.

MUCH more interesting thing that happened -- Morgrim votes NO for the first time and says that he wants to be on the team.  This is a strange change from his mission 1 vote pattern.  What happened?  I see two major possible explanations.  The first is that our arguments during the first mission (or maybe just Opinion Maker) convinced him to vote with greater care.  The second explanation... Morgrim could be a spy.

On the first day, Spy Morgrim doesn't really care who goes on the mission.  He votes yes to everything.  If the team passes, great -- less information available to the rest of us.  Otherwise, it doesn't really make a difference to him.

But now, the Resistance is up by 1.  It would majorly suck for the Spies to be down 2-0.  For all he knows, TINAS and I were going to approve the team since we were included (and Robz had already publicly voiced his intent to approve).  If he voted yes as well, the team would go through with at least 4/6 approving.  If there are no spies on that team, well, the safe thing to do is to vote NO and hope the team that is eventually approved has at least one Spy on it.

Therefore I am inclined to trust both TINAS and Robz a little more.

Morgrim, any comments on this?
I think you have a point with Morgrim, I personally am interested in seeing his vote for the next mission which doesn't include him. I also think that I will probably vote yes on the next mission (unless it looks overly scummy) because as a resistance member control over the plot card is pretty important

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2012, 08:19:07 pm »

Well, you could play yourself out of a game that way. My question was honest. I have no real clue what I'm doing. I'll probably use my NC vote on the first mission that passes that kim not on, because I don't have any clue when better to use it. I've tried on multiple occasions to ask for advice and gotten none, so at this point I'm just going with whatever my instinct tells me, hence the no vote above.

If you want to think I'm a spy because I've never played this game before, don't know what to look for or how, and ask when I'm unsure, I don't know what to tell you.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12  All

Page created in 1.936 seconds with 20 queries.