Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 156463 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 4
« Reply #1300 on: June 14, 2012, 04:50:46 pm »

*would have tried to kill
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 14, 2012, 04:52:32 pm »

Are you able to reveal who you investigated? I think it can do no harm but could do some good. Is there some way that it hurts the town that I'm not seeing?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 14, 2012, 04:53:26 pm »

My PM in full, explaining why I chose yuma:

Insomniac, what are you doing to us? o.O  Or maybe it's just me.  I was one of the main drivers of both bad lynch wagons. :(

I think the first post and title need updating (michaeljb and morgrim need to be removed from the Alive list).

So I want to put this reasoning somewhere...

I trust Axxle's rolecop claim.  I trust O as the last VT (or else his twilight 1 gambit was amazing).  I suspect Voltgloss is a doctor because of post #1062, where he implies that he knows there is a doctor but doesn't know if there is a roleblocker.

That would leave Dsell, yuma and Eevee as the Mafia.

I can't jail Axxle because we need his intel.  If Voltgloss is doctor I don't want to jail him because we need his power too.

That means I either jail O, thinking he will be the target or an amazing Mafia, or I jail one of the three hoping to pick the one who will perform the kill.

If Voltgloss is doctor and I correctly picked up on his tell, it is probable that one of the mafia also picked up on it, making Voltgloss a prime target.  Therefore I should not try to protect O but should try to jail a mafia member... which could still include O.

Looking at day 1 activity, the Dsell-yuma-Eevee looks far more likely than anything involving O.

The mafia will probably try to choose the one of them least likely to be roleblocked.  I've already outlined heavy suspicion of Dsell for various reasons, but he has the advantage of NOT being on the wagon for Morgrim.  That does put him in a decent light.  Still, Voltgloss also voiced suspicion of Dsell...

Ugh.  No idea.  I jail yuma.

===========================================

Basically I figured that the doctor (and yes, I suspected Volt) would continue to protect Axxle.  If not, it would be to try to protect someone else and hope that the Mafia would assume Axxle was protected.  Whatever he does, I can't do much about it.  It mattered even less if we had no doctor all.  I had to jail a Mafia member, and it was pretty much random between Dsell, yuma and Eevee.

Now that Voltgloss is claimed VT he is added back into the mix.  I'm still not entirely sure about O.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:24 pm »

Are you able to reveal who you investigated? I think it can do no harm but could do some good. Is there some way that it hurts the town that I'm not seeing?

It may clear someone.  It's more interesting to see your suspicions without knowing who is clear.  There's certainly WIFOM as Mafia "suspect" each other, but it's still interesting.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 14, 2012, 04:57:31 pm »

I would reveal it if it in any way could help the town.  Stop pushing.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 14, 2012, 04:58:35 pm »

It may clear someone.  It's more interesting to see your suspicions without knowing who is clear.  There's certainly WIFOM as Mafia "suspect" each other, but it's still interesting.

I feel like most people have voiced their suspicions basically. The only person it looks like it could definitively clear would be yuma, and based on Axxle's recent posts he obviously is unsure about him.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 14, 2012, 05:00:31 pm »

I think that if yuma is already a mafia role, claiming a town role that can't be verified immediately is a very very safe bet.  If I investigated him saying vanilla wouldn't help, and if we only have a jailer as a protection role I can't verify it without getting myself killed.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 14, 2012, 05:01:57 pm »

But if we lynch mafia today then there is a pretty good chance that eHalcyon can jail the killer.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 14, 2012, 05:05:27 pm »

I don't like how yuma didn't really scumhunt or ask people's opinions about scum during Mylo.  That was a very dangerous thing to do as a vigilante, we could very well have lost if not for protection.  I'm very willing to vote for yuma today.

@Dsell, that's true.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 14, 2012, 05:07:22 pm »

I think that if yuma is already a mafia role, claiming a town role that can't be verified immediately is a very very safe bet.  If I investigated him saying vanilla wouldn't help, and if we only have a jailer as a protection role I can't verify it without getting myself killed.

I may have posted this already (or I might have written it in an analysis that I haven't yet posted) but it's almost guaranteed that the target for tonight, should we make it through the lynch, will be either you or me.  I'm the most vulnerable -- if they target you there's still the chance I'll jail you and deny them the night kill.  If they target one of the remaining VTs, there's a chance I'll have jailed that VT.  On the other hand, if they don't target you, you'll have one more night of investigation.

I don't think anyone has answered my big question yet though -- knowing we should have had a full cop plus jailkeeper vs 3 mafia and a SK, is it reasonable that we'd have a 1-shot Vig?  And can we expect the mafia to have any roles?

If the mafia don't have roles, rolecop won't give us anything beyond investigating yuma (which is, btw, a convenient reason for not lynching yuma).

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 14, 2012, 05:09:14 pm »

It's not full cop plus jailkeeper vs 3 mafia and a SK, it's full cop plus jailkeeper vs 3 mafia vs a SK

I think it would make it too unbalanced for the SK.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 14, 2012, 05:09:48 pm »

vote: yuma

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 14, 2012, 05:11:46 pm »

Again, sorry if I am repeating myself (or if I end up repeating myself in the future) -- the scumhunting issue is tough.  I feel like the only ones who really scumhunted were Axxle, O and myself (note: the latter two have been pretty terrible scumhunters, sorry Morgrim and Galz).  Dsell's been vocal but not assertive or confrontational.  Eevee and yuma have been extremely quiet, I think.  I'm having trouble remembering what Volt has done.

Scratch -- the only time I remember Dsell go scum-hunting was against Robz on day 1.

PPE: a little hasty, Axxle?  Before you do that you could let me post my analysis, if we're not going to wait for anything else.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 14, 2012, 05:12:52 pm »

It's not full cop plus jailkeeper vs 3 mafia and a SK, it's full cop plus jailkeeper vs 3 mafia vs a SK

I think it would make it too unbalanced for the SK.

Well, jo probably could have survived a lot longer if you had been a Cop instead.  He would have gotten a pass on day 2 and the Mafia probably would have skipped him thinking he no longer had power.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 14, 2012, 05:14:06 pm »

The problem with lynching yuma today (I am totally ok with it though) is that if Volt and Eevee (and I'll even throw O in this boat) are vanilla like they claim, Axxle's rolecop power becomes useless. And since they didn't know who Axxle investigated, they had every reason to claim VT if they are vanilla mafia. It's possible they lied but no real reason to. Yuma is the exception because he did claim a role, so maybe he's the mafia power role? He still could have been caught in a lie, though, so who knows.

Basically, if yuma is the Mafia PR and everyone else is vanilla as they claim, rolecop doesn't do anything for us anymore.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 14, 2012, 05:14:44 pm »

Before we started claiming, yuma and Eevee were suspicious to me as the two players getting the least attention.  Axxle has been at the center since his claim and O has been very vocal.  Dsell has also been vocal, though I don't recall him ever showing any sort of conviction.

As an aside, I don't mean the "I'm certain" conviction that got Galz lynched.  I just mean that I don't think Dsell has appeared to be scum hunting.  Rather, it seems more like he's been playing it safe and trying to survive.  yuma and Eevee too, especially because they've been quite quiet.

But yes.  As I've brought up, yuma and Eevee were very suspicious.  Assuming that there was a townie among Dsell, Voltgloss and O, yuma and Eevee were obviously safe lynches and we could sort out the rest later.

If yuma is not lying, our possible scenarios are:

1. Mafia did not attempt a kill.  Extremely unlikely.
2. Mafia targeted yuma.  Possible.

If yuma is lying, that means yuma was the one performing the kill and we have no idea who the target actually was last night.

Note that yuma claimed Eevee as target without knowing who I jailed.  This actually lends some credence to yuma's claim.  Say yuma was actually Mafia targeting O, but yuma claims he targeted Eevee.  If I then revealed that I had jailed O, yuma is in trouble.  Yeah there are some ways around it ("maybe there is a Mafia roleblocker!") but it would stink of desperation.

Now consider that yuma would have to make a claim eventually.  As a townie, no reason to lie.  As mafia, it's dangerous because there was the chance I could catch the lie.

My likely scenarios are thus:

1. Vig yuma targeted Eevee who is probably Mafia, but not guaranteed.
2. Mafia yuma targeted VT Eevee.
3. Mafia yuma targeted SOMEONE but lies that he targeted Eevee, also Mafia. 

Scenario 3 is very possible.  The gambit is that, if yuma was jailed, we don't catch the lie.  If SOMEONE was jailed, yuma is caught and gets lynched... and then Eevee might be cleared.  Remember that, before claims began, yuma and Eevee were both *obvious* lynches.  Now, not so obvious.  So as far as gambits go, this is a good one for two Mafia under pressure.

This is not factoring in Axxle’s investigation.  yuma claimed a role, so if he was just plain Mafia that would be a lie that Axxle could catch.  Honest townie play?  Bold mafia move, with potential to confuse the issue over Eevee?  Hard to say.

I’m also surprised that neither yuma nor Eevee claimed Doctor.  As Mafia, VT is definitely the safest claim now.  If yuma were mafia, was it better to claim Vig over Doctor?  The only reason I can think of is fear that Eevee would counterclaim and that Axxle could verify.  If Eevee is Mafia, claiming anything other than VT is dangerous.  Maybe if Eevee had a Mafia role and would be caught by an investigation either way.  If Eevee is Mafia, I think he would be a non-role Mafia.  If yuma is Mafia, I think he is more likely one with a role.

We now know that the setup had Cop, Jailkeeper, Serial Killer, three mafia, 6 VT, and either a seventh VT or a 1-shot Vig.  In this setup, does the town warrant a 1-shot Vig?

I doubt there is a Mafia roleblocker, or else Axxle should have been blocked and would have received no result yesterday and today.  What about other Mafia roles?

Mafia rolecop?  There is only Cop and JK, and there is a SK.  I don't think the scum needs more firepower.  If they had it, it might justify a vigilante... but probably more than a 1-shot.  Gah... I wish we'd known this earlier.  Could have thought things through clearly, now I'm not sure what old assumptions I've made no longer hold.

Maybe yuma is telling the truth (is town) and there really is a Godfather with... 1-shot bulletproof? Full bullet-proof?  Would that be balanced?  Maaaaan.  We probably shouldn't have killed jo, SK or not.

My top FOUR candidates at this point are yuma, Eevee, Dsell and Volt.  I trust Volt the most out of these four, but maybe that's bias because I'd thought he was doctor.  And if he's Mafia, would he have claimed doctor based on my own suspicions, or been turned against it because of townie-Dsell's suspicion against it? 

Based on the above considerations, I think the best target is either yuma or Dsell.  But it's so tricky.  I am interested in Axxle’s and O’s thoughts and much less so the others because they are far more suspicious.  I am not counting out O as Mafia but at this point I think we have to have faith in him.

This was written before yuma's explanation for targetting Eevee.  I don't think it changes much.  From a vig perspective I think the math is poor (would be safer not to attack anyone at all) but it's still plausible.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 14, 2012, 05:15:36 pm »

Oh, eHalc basically already wrote what I did.

@eHalc, I don't see why we wouldn't have a one-shot vig, but believing yuma's claim requires you to believe a lot crazier things than just his claim. See my last substantial post.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 14, 2012, 05:16:41 pm »

unvote  I was a little interested in if anyone would pile onto the vote quickly.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 14, 2012, 05:18:01 pm »

The problem with lynching yuma today (I am totally ok with it though) is that if Volt and Eevee (and I'll even throw O in this boat) are vanilla like they claim, Axxle's rolecop power becomes useless. And since they didn't know who Axxle investigated, they had every reason to claim VT if they are vanilla mafia. It's possible they lied but no real reason to. Yuma is the exception because he did claim a role, so maybe he's the mafia power role? He still could have been caught in a lie, though, so who knows.

Basically, if yuma is the Mafia PR and everyone else is vanilla as they claim, rolecop doesn't do anything for us anymore.

If yuma is a mafia PR (there might be more than one, who knows), it's better to lynch now than later.  But that's a big if...

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 14, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

if yuma is a rolecop, he would have received a "No result" yesterday after being jailed.  Similar to Mafia I where Ozle got jailed he could freely lie about who he targeted.  That makes Scenario 3 plausible.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: June 14, 2012, 05:24:41 pm »

Pops approved this setup, and he HATES cops.  He probably would have wanted the mafia to have some weapons like a rolecop.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 14, 2012, 05:26:31 pm »

if yuma is a rolecop, he would have received a "No result" yesterday after being jailed.  Similar to Mafia I where Ozle got jailed he could freely lie about who he targeted.  That makes Scenario 3 plausible.

If he is any power role, really. Which I think is most likely between the three of them. But unfortunately I also think there's a chance he's could, maaaybe, possibly be telling the truth. A minute chance, but a chance.

eHalc, why do you trust Volt? What has he done to gain your trust? Not to mention all the things he's done to lose trust (Day 1 he was my #1 most-likely-town player).

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 14, 2012, 05:27:41 pm »

If he is any power role, really. Which I think is most likely between the three of them. But unfortunately I also think there's a chance he's could, maaaybe, possibly be telling the truth. A minute chance, but a chance.

eHalc, why do you trust Volt? What has he done to gain your trust? Not to mention all the things he's done to lose trust (Day 1 he was my #1 most-likely-town player).
No, there are some power roles that don't return results, like roleblocker.  He'd never know he was blocked.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 14, 2012, 05:28:10 pm »

Good observation...

OK, I'm going to go over the last few pages and see who suspects who.  I know at least Eevee has posted a large post about it.

PPE: like I said, it was just a gut feeling and I'm probably being influenced because of that incorrect doctor tell.  Please do post reasons (with post numbers!) for your suspicions.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 14, 2012, 05:30:09 pm »

One other thing -- someone should go over Day 2 when we lynched jo.  He pushed that wagon immediately?  We didn't think it through as a town, but we really should have let jo go and spent some time trying to find Mafia.  Even as SK his best move at that point was to kill Mafia, and Mafia would have wanted to get rid of him sooner than later.  I'm afraid I got sucked into voting for him, but that's still something we should look into.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 60  All

Page created in 1.733 seconds with 21 queries.