Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 156417 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 1 UNDERWAY
« Reply #875 on: June 03, 2012, 11:44:19 pm »

And would the people like to suggest whom I should use my power ON? Cause firing it blindly is ... not protown.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 03, 2012, 11:44:56 pm »

Can we get a result on def to remove an easy night kill target? There would be NO added suspicion for the town to gain info from based on his death.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 03, 2012, 11:45:56 pm »

And would the people like to suggest whom I should use my power ON? Cause firing it blindly is ... not protown.

I'd like you to flip a coin. Heads, Captain Frisk, Tails, O.

Killing someone whose going to get lynched anyways (because people tend to believe Galzria for some reason) is good townie strategy.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 03, 2012, 11:46:02 pm »

Seems to me like the thing to do is use it on someone you think is mafia...trying to get the town's approval is basically like just getting two lynches, which is a lot better further into the game when the town actually has new info. disclaimer - never played a game with a vigilante before
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 03, 2012, 11:46:40 pm »

What I mean, is that Mafia targeting him would be HIGHLY unfair to the town, as they can't make any case as to WHY, because def was not present.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

michaeljb

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:40 pm »

*post-post edit, the above was for jonah in case it wasn't clear. Thought I could get away without using quotes, but nope, this thread is just too busy :P

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »

Killing someone whose going to get lynched anyways (because people tend to believe Galzria for some reason) is good townie strategy.

Nice redirect.

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 03, 2012, 11:48:45 pm »

What I mean, is that Mafia targeting him would be HIGHLY unfair to the town, as they can't make any case as to WHY, because def was not present.

That would be the reason for the Mafia targeting him.  Take out the targets that aren't suspicious, let the town fight itself to death.  Who else isn't suspicious?  michaeljb has drawn pretty much no fire at all.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 03, 2012, 11:49:28 pm »

That would be the reason for the Mafia targeting him.  Take out the targets that aren't suspicious, let the town fight itself to death.  Who else isn't suspicious?  michaeljb has drawn pretty much no fire at all.

I think yuma didn't have any accusations leveled at him either?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 03, 2012, 11:49:46 pm »

O, i'm trying to envision the scenario where you turn up dead in the morning and I say "Yep, killed O cause he told me to, you guys all believe and like me now, right?" Will people really be happy with that outcome? Will O?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: June 03, 2012, 11:50:42 pm »

Nice redirect.

What do you mean redirect?

O, i'm trying to envision the scenario where you turn up dead in the morning and I say "Yep, killed O cause he told me to, you guys all believe and like me now, right?" Will people really be happy with that outcome? Will O?

lol.. I suppose that's true. But if its really really really certain I'm lynched next night, you killing me early just advances the town's progress.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 03, 2012, 11:52:20 pm »

@e,, yes exactly. The Mafia have reason to take him out, which is highly unfair to town because he has not been present. If they hit someone else with few posts, or light posting, fine. But up until this point, def has not been a part of this game. Why should Mafia get a free night kill with no possible consequences?

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 03, 2012, 11:52:53 pm »

Somehow I see me more than you, O. But I'd like at least a chance of hitting mafia. Plus for some reason I can't put my finger on I like having you around.

He/him

michaeljb

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 03, 2012, 11:53:09 pm »

I think yuma didn't have any accusations leveled at him either?

Yeah, I think that's true. Don't remember whether I ever mentioned it, but I am a little wary of him, since he labeled me as not suspicious--struck me as possible mafia play trying to get chummy with the town, but of course that itself is not much to go on.

The most fire I remember me drawing was Robz mentioning that I made a lot of silly posts early on and was too defensive in a post or something.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 03, 2012, 11:53:35 pm »

You could take his suggestion and leave it to chance.  But don't use coin flip.  For impartiality, you can use this:

When this thread is locked, use the last digit of the time stamp on Insomniac's post.  Odd for O, even for Captain_Frisk.

But I feel like Captain_Frisk has flown under the radar too... I don't know why O has put himself and CF up.  Bold play, whatever he is.  Curious how CF feels about it though.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 03, 2012, 11:54:40 pm »

Somehow I see me more than you, O. But I'd like at least a chance of hitting mafia. Plus for some reason I can't put my finger on I like having you around.

Gotta say, O makes things interesting.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 03, 2012, 11:54:49 pm »

You mean because when I'm around you're chances of being lynched decrease?  ;D

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 03, 2012, 11:55:12 pm »

your* and damn right I make things interesting.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 03, 2012, 11:58:44 pm »

Jo, if you are going to use your power, I would recommend picking one of the people flying slightly--but not totally--under the radar, and betting one of them is mafia. Don't know what else to tell you.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 03, 2012, 11:58:57 pm »

At risk of getting locked before an answer -- O, why did you nominate CF to be your roulette buddy?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 03, 2012, 11:59:17 pm »

Longest twilight ever.

eHalycon, if I follow your advice and I end up killing town, I've (1) wasted my power and (2) killed a townie. I HAVE proved my claim, but the proof is near-worthless since once the bullet goes off I'm just a VT.

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 04, 2012, 12:00:11 am »

At risk of getting locked before an answer -- O, why did you nominate CF to be your roulette buddy?

Because I'm suspicious of him, he makes too many logical and clearheaded posts.

You'd think I'm joking, but that's my real reason.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 04, 2012, 12:00:54 am »

Amongst your shelter the 13 of you start to talk amongst yourselves about whom killed Insomniac. The discussion gets quite fierce until eHalcyon starts a charge against Galzria it all makes sense now he needed copper the most of any of you! Joining him are O, jotheonah, Eevee, Captain_Frisk, Dsell and Morgrim7. As they storm over to Galzria's box in the shelter they notice him standing over a barrel fire. They tell Galzria "WE DEMAND YOUR DEATH FOR WHAT YOU DID TO INSOMNIAC YOU MUST HAVE STOLE HIS COPPER!". Rather sheepishly they look around to see if any of them remembered the stick they lynch with. Luckily Morgrim7 had he was cooking a marhsmellow over Galzria's barrel fire. Using the stick (marshmellow still attached) the 7 lynch Galzria. Once Galzria is done you search his pockets for the shelter card. Upon reading the shelter card you realize that Galzria was from this very shelter!

Galzria the vanilla townie is dead.

Night has begun. Day 2 will begin at approximately 9:00pm PDT, day 2 will have an extended 8 day deadline. The thread is now locked
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: REPLACEMENT NEEDED! ( NIGHT 1)
« Reply #898 on: June 04, 2012, 10:36:26 pm »

night one will be extended until a replacement is found for def or def returns. Sorry for any inconvinience
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 2
« Reply #899 on: June 05, 2012, 11:38:27 pm »

Sleepily you all wake up in your shelter, the damn wind must have blown over your boxes three times last night, well they dont make boxes like the used to  do they. Slowly you remember that you lynched one of your own last night, poor Galzria if only he had just made it more clear he was one of you. You notice that def is no where to be found, but Axxle has shown up out of the blue, wierd.

As you do your morning check to see whom made it through the night, you start tallying down that everyones here and then you notice that ROBZ888 has been murdered, but how could he have...why would...You're thoughts are interrupted as you hear a scream from across the way. You all make haste towards the source of the scream and you notice that Captain_Frisk has also just been murdered.

ROBZ888 the vanilla townie, and Captain_Frisk the vanilla townie are both dead
Day 2 has begun

VOTE COUNT 2-1

Not voting (10) - O, Axxle, Dsell, Morgrim7, Eevee, michaeljb, jotheonah, Voltgloss, eHalcyon, yuma

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60  All

Page created in 1.998 seconds with 20 queries.