Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: News on GenCon 2012 and the Dominion World Masters Tournament?  (Read 2890 times)

sffc

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile

Hello!  I'm am amateur Dominion player, and although I'm a newcomer to these forums, I've been reading the Dominion Strategy blog for a good six months now.

In January, I saw that Rio Grande Games issued a press release with some 2012 plans for Dominion:

For Dominion, … [we are] planning to release a set of all base cards (treasure, victory, and curse) that players can use to replace used cards from the base game or Dominion: Intrigue, or to use with the expansions that do not include these base cards. The planned release for this product is March, 2012. We have changed the schedule a bit and will release the large expansion Dominion: Dark Ages at Gencon to accompany the Dominion World Masters Tournament that will be held there.

Seeing that it is now mid May, I was wondering if anyone knows updates on:
  • The Dominion World Masters Tournament… is it still happening?  I can't find it on the GenCon Indy event listing when I search for "Dominion".
  • Is Dominion: Base Cards released to the public yet?  I can't seem to find it for sale on BGG or Amazon.
  • Is Dominion: Dark Ages still planned for arrival at GenCon Indy in August?
And yes, I have done my due-diligence searching the web, these forums, and BGG for the answers to these questions.  ;)

Thanks!

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: News on GenCon 2012 and the Dominion World Masters Tournament?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:01:02 am »

I highly recommend this thread: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1994.0

Not only does it answer your questions, but it has links to various threads on the subject worth reading.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

sffc

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Re: News on GenCon 2012 and the Dominion World Masters Tournament?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 01:36:37 am »

Excellent!  I'm not sure why the forum search didn't bring up that topic.  Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.