Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32  All

Author Topic: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters GAME OVER Mafia Wins!  (Read 95820 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2012, 09:03:46 pm »

RIght, that occurred to me. But assuming it's not legal, which is my instinct, than that was a dumb play. Because he wasn't hanged yet, and it's possible Tables' comments and subsequent discussion could have exonerated him. No matter what team you're on your own survival is in your own self interest.

Your own survival isn't as big a self-interest though, if you're town, than if you're mafia. I was under the impression that votes could change until axxle ruled. Axxle? Help?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2012, 09:06:27 pm »

As soon as an option has a majority of votes, votes are locked.  You can still speak until I say the day is over and tally the votes.  Then it's night.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2012, 09:08:00 pm »

As soon as an option has a majority of votes, votes are locked.  You can still speak until I say the day is over and tally the votes.  Then it's night.

I would take that to mean jtheonah can NOT take back his vote.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2012, 09:10:41 pm »

Well then, farewell Morgrim. We hardly knew thee. My instinct at this point is that he wasn't mafia after all, but I guess we'll know soon enough. At least I'm confident he wasn't a town role.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2012, 09:13:29 pm »

I would take that to mean jtheonah can NOT take back his vote.
Correct.  I'll tally the votes in an hourish to give some time before night to discuss whatever.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2012, 09:15:54 pm »

It annoys me because, as a town player, he's denied us the potentially interesting info of who would have cast the last vote for him.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2012, 09:17:01 pm »

Well then, farewell Morgrim. We hardly knew thee. My instinct at this point is that he wasn't mafia after all, but I guess we'll know soon enough. At least I'm confident he wasn't a town role.

Well... if he knew it would mean he was dead for certain, it was illogical in either case.

Let's say he is town: He causes the death of someone he knows is not mafia (himself). Since he wins only if both mafia die, this is not a good move. Lynching him was looking likely, but it was far from certain.

Let's say he is mafia: His goal is for at least 1 mafia to survive, and we would find out whether he was mafia or not as soon as he died anyway. So why he would want to die is beyond me.

If he thought you could take back votes, it looks like a smart (but desperate thing to do) if he's mafia. But we'll know for sure very soon.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2012, 09:17:23 pm »

It annoys me because, as a town player, he's denied us the potentially interesting info of who would have cast the last vote for him.

That is unfortunate. That fifth vote could have been very telling. I suppose we shall bid him a fond farewell as we string him up. And find out who's still alive in the morning.
A man has no signature

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2012, 09:19:25 pm »

Oh I know, I know, I know, I know, I know.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2012, 09:21:13 pm »

Let's say he is mafia: His goal is for at least 1 mafia to survive, and we would find out whether he was mafia or not as soon as he died anyway. So why he would want to die is beyond me.

I could see this happening if he were Mafia. Two weeks is an awfully long to wait to see who gets lynched. If he's guilty with four votes (and a likelihood of a fifth vote), then he may end the agony. It's all speculation, of course. Time to find out in the morning.
A man has no signature

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2012, 09:25:03 pm »

Unvote. Possibilities, dreams of not being lynched...ec. By the way,  am not guilty at all, and my vote was not to end agony.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2012, 09:32:39 pm »

If my unvote can't save you now, what makes you think yours can?

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2012, 09:51:13 pm »

Summary of the latest developments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEr0EAcSWcc

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2012, 09:53:51 pm »

Oops. Misread Axxle's post. Well, goodbye all. Curious, who still thinks I am mafia? And, who do you think will be killed tonight? Please keep my suggestion about Tables in mind...
If I could vote, that would be my vote now. Remember me...
I have sent the Witch I have hired to track down and curse the Duchess for bringing this madness apon this town, which has been my home for a long time now. I believe the duches is a Theif and a murderer, and should be thrown in the dungeon, awaiting a cruel fate by the Torturer. May the evil Duchess be forever recorded in history as an evil, selfish, murderer.

And now my friends, farewell. I await my ever creeping doom with horror, but, in my heart of hearts I know that this act is with good reason. It is, non-the-less, the cruel murder of an innocent human being.
Alas, be not disheartened at my diparture, as we still have a chance at capturing an disposing of the enemy. I move on to a better place. Remember me......
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2012, 10:05:01 pm »

Vote Count 1-4

Morgrim7 (5) - Voltgloss, jotheonah, Galzria, Robz888, Morgrim7
bozzball (1) - Kuildeous
Robz888 (1) - bozzball

Not Voting (2) - Insomniac, Tables

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Morgrim7 is having a quiet afternoon in his home counting the coppers he's earned for the day.  Suddenly he hears a clamor at the door.  Voltgloss, jotheonah, Galzria, and Robz888 are yelling at him to come out and face the town's justice.  Morgrim7 opens the door and the townsfolk drag him out and take him to a nearby tree.  There they realize they don't have rope to hang him.  Morgrim7 offers to get the rope from his shop (how helpful!) and the townsfolk successfully lynch Morgrim7.

The townsfolk search his possessions and cannot find that Mafia Club Card that all Mafia members carry with them to identify each other.  Oops!  He was just a Town Vanilla.

Morgrim7, the Town Vanilla, has been lynched.  We will now have 48 hours of night.  Mafia can now PM each other and discuss tactics and who they will kill.  Roles, please PM me with your decisions.  You may not post in this thread or discuss the game until Day 2 starts (approx Friday at 7pm PST), and the dead may not talk until the game is over.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters (Night 1)
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2012, 06:34:34 pm »

The village wakes up to an ordinary summer day.  That is, until, one of you come across Tables' cold body on the ground clearly pummeled to death by a couple Goons.  In his shirt pocket you see the badge of a Town Cop.  A shudder runs down everyone's spine.  If even the cops aren't safe, who is?

Tables, the Town Cop, is killed by the Mafia

Day Two Begins

(Will be out of touch traveling for much of the weekend until Tuesday, I'll try to keep up with the vote tallying when I can though)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters (Day 2)
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2012, 07:12:33 pm »

Ouch. Losing one of our roles is going to sting. I was going to analyze Mogrim's insistence to investigate Tables, but that's out the window.
A man has no signature

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2012, 07:25:18 pm »

... Wow. I think Kuildeous summed it up quite well. Ouch. I don't have time to write up any in-depth thoughts (coaching for the next ~4 hours), and not quite sure where to start now.

My first instinct is to look closely at all 4 of us (yes, myself included) that voted Morgrim. I'll do the same when I get home. I don't know how many Mafia voted, but I have to believe 100% at least 1 did.

So that's where I'll be starting. Got to go dark for now. Will offer full thoughts tonight.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2012, 08:03:43 pm »

I'd be more suspicious of the third and fourth people who voted for him. If either of the first two are Mafia, then they got lucky in convicting him.

I'm also suspicious of the ones who didn't vote. Are they townies who were waiting until closer to the deadline, or are they Mafia hedging their bets and getting lucky when Mogrim ended the day?

I'm also curious about those who unvoted when Mogrim started accumulating votes.

I'm out tonight and will be busy for much of Saturday. I spent time poring over Tables's posts to see if Mogrim's suspicions were justified. I need to go back over the other messages.
A man has no signature

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2012, 09:19:36 pm »

I'm in the process of poring over the first day's posts.  It's slow going, as there's a lot to wade through.  Aiming to get my analysis up either late tonight or in the morning.

The one thought I have that may help focus our collective efforts:

Remember that the Mafia posters knew both Morgrim and Tables to be townies.

That's the information we have now that we didn't have during Day 1, and we should review everyone's posts through that lens. 

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2012, 09:48:08 pm »

Just checking in; still out for a while, but one thing I can't get past in my mind:

Tables: Why?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »

Tables: Why?

At a guess, I'd say it's because he was one of the most experienced Mafia players. Even without being a cop, he was probably one of the biggest threats.
A man has no signature

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2012, 11:03:42 pm »

So losing the cop sucks but here is my reply (sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone) This is where I stand, Tables getting killed doesn't change anything for me

Voltgloss  - Stats on no lynch first left out jailkeeper/doctor/cop involvement. Claimed he would unvote if someone else voted for
   Morgrim, gave Robz888 permission to do so, did not unvote. Retracted the "unhammer" almost immediatly after offering it.
   The offering makes him seem non mafia if you ignore the unhammer

Robz888 - For being the last one other than Morgrim to vote for Morgrim, he is the catalyst that pushed Morgrims lynch to the top,
   Additionally for someone who always comes out guns blazing he really didnt, I dont think he's trying a new tactic either but
   Im not sure hes as much a threat as Voltgloss.

Now I know the accusations are gonna come my way as well for not voting but I would like to preemptively say isn't it a benefit as mafia to vote
early against someone who you know isn't mafia. If I was Mafia I would have known that Morgrim was not and thus jumped on that bandwagon sooner

Vote: Voltgloss
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2012, 11:11:12 pm »

Voltgloss  - Stats on no lynch first left out jailkeeper/doctor/cop involvement. Claimed he would unvote if someone else voted for
   Morgrim, gave Robz888 permission to do so, did not unvote. Retracted the "unhammer" almost immediatly after offering it.

Interesting.  I note that you left out my detailed reasons for retracting the unhammer, i.e., catching Morgrim in an admitted lie.

Now I know the accusations are gonna come my way as well for not voting but I would like to preemptively say isn't it a benefit as mafia to vote
early against someone who you know isn't mafia. If I was Mafia I would have known that Morgrim was not and thus jumped on that bandwagon sooner

Interesting.  The only substantive post you made during the entirety of Day 1 was to say that you sided with the thoughts that Morgrim was Mafia.  In other words, jumping on the bandwagon the first chance you had.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2012, 12:08:44 am »

Interesting.  I note that you left out my detailed reasons for retracting the unhammer, i.e., catching Morgrim in an admitted lie.

Interesting.  The only substantive post you made during the entirety of Day 1 was to say that you sided with the thoughts that Morgrim was Mafia.  In other words, jumping on the bandwagon the first chance you had.

I did "jump" on the bandwagon but I didn't vote because I didn't want the hammer to fall too soon which I think it did. And I only made one substantive claim because as I pointed out I attended a wedding IRL
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32  All

Page created in 1.661 seconds with 20 queries.