Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Mafia III Discussion  (Read 8401 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III Discussion
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 02:23:58 am »

We need a replacement for def. pm me if you are interested. First come first serve
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 08:06:08 pm »

No spoiler tag this time. We NEED a replacement for def in Mafia III, the sooner the better, please PM me if your interested in jumping in for def day 2 onward.

First come first serve.

So spoiler tags are the worst, sign ups for replacement closed, had 3 people volunteer. Mafia III will be back underway later tonight
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:34:00 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 01:38:38 am »

And for the first time, I am dead. I am allowed to post in here, right?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 07:34:22 am »

As vanilla town ghost, I believe so.

@galzria-I am sorry.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 10:48:26 am »

As per the Pre game discussion in mafia 3 there is to be no dead players posting here at all until after the game. We can't stop players from reading the thread and information from night kills can be too useful.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 03:46:00 pm »

That town is SOOO DEAD.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 03:51:49 pm »

I am so glad for the spoiler tags.  I have accidentally clicked the view new posts a little too many times.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »

I'm confused.  No one cares that Axxle claimed that jothenoah had no role, and he did have a role (SK)?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 04:14:56 pm »

I'm confused.  No one cares that Axxle claimed that jothenoah had no role, and he did have a role (SK)?
I'm not sure, but SK comes back vanilla?

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 02:51:05 pm »

Did DSell just sell out the Doctor?

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 02:54:27 pm »

Did DSell just sell out the Doctor?

I thought DSELL and Volt were the mafia to be honest.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 02:32:07 pm »

michaeljb upvoted this post.  Is this a message from beyond the grave?  Is he telling us that O truly is a mafia member?  Or maybe he is expressing satisfaction that we avenged his death at Volt's hand?  Or maybe he is simply a big fan of the dread pirate Roberts.  We may never know.

A little bit of expressing satisfaction, mostly being a fan of the dread pirate :-D
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 04:45:36 pm »

michaeljb upvoted this post.  Is this a message from beyond the grave?  Is he telling us that O truly is a mafia member?  Or maybe he is expressing satisfaction that we avenged his death at Volt's hand?  Or maybe he is simply a big fan of the dread pirate Roberts.  We may never know.

A little bit of expressing satisfaction, mostly being a fan of the dread pirate :-D

NO dead player discussion until the conclusion of M3 please

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 01:10:28 pm »

And with the game ending: here is a link to the "Dead Townie Society"

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/Enkj7w86yLpCq

We let J in because it was clear that the only extra information he had was that he had killed me night 1, which didn't really seem like a big secret.

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 01:10:43 pm »

This thread should now accept all players discussion as well, dead, living, mafia, town and serial killer. Spoiler tags no longer required.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 01:17:36 pm »

Well done team. Yuma was the only black crow for me. I was sure about Volt as Mafia, and Jo as SK.

Robz was sure about Eevee and Volt as Mafia.

What we couldn't decide on was who was #3. He had Dsell listed tops, I had eHalcyon listed tops. So tip of the hat to Yuma, you had us both fooled leaving D1.

Also, eH, you got WAY lucky with your jail of Yuma N4. It was game over there if you miss.

Other props go to Axxle, for playing a great cop, and leading the town to brighter days.

Yay!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 01:38:47 pm »

So tip of the hat to Yuma, you had us both fooled leaving D1.

I think I got a bit lucky with real life events. I had to leave and at the time jot seemed the best place to put a vote on. If I had stayed around I probably would have been swept up into lynching you instead. Being away from the game gave me an out when you revealed town and made me look much smarter when jot was SK.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »

So for me to chime in, I thought the first few days were super interesting, I did screw up on Axxle, I had read the role cop role and pmd him as if he was a role cop for jotheonah, in doing so we turned him into a rolecop thinking it was just as powerful as a cop. Oops. That said I was VERY impressed by the late jailkeeping by eH he managed to target who the mafia sent for the kill everytime. It had previously been Volt, so I dont know why Volt didnt continue with the kill on eH who the mafia knew was jailkeeper, yuma did it instead.

For those of you thinking the town was underpowered it was originally a cop and a jailkeeper, vs a serial killer and mafia. I DIDN'T expect the town to kill Jo after learning he was an SK as his desire day 2 would have been to kill mafia I think.

The original setup was reviewed by pops who thought the balance was fine.

Outstanding job to Axxle and eH for recovering the town. Tip of the hat to the mafia as well for almost getting a perfect game.

The rest is very transparent.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2012, 04:38:17 am »

I love that everyone thought I was mafia. Oh man did I know I looked scummy but I just couldn't do a thing about it.

There were a couple days where I was so surprised to wake up alive, and apparently I was lucky not to have been lynched as well.

I was happy (frustrated, but happy) about getting Morgrim right and then pegging all three mafia. That's what I was most proud of in the game. I learned a TON too.

Also, I totally thought everyone saw the Doctor hint from Volt. Apparently it wasn't intended to be one but it seemed really clear to me. I didn't mean to out him but at the time I really thought he was mafia anyway, so I meant to point it out as a mafia tactic. Same for when I quoted yuma's vote for Morgrim on day 1. I was meaning to point out that he was scummier than he was getting credit for: he opportunistically jumped on that same bandwagon twice without a lot of real conviction either time.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 01:04:27 pm »

Also, I totally thought everyone saw the Doctor hint from Volt. Apparently it wasn't intended to be one but it seemed really clear to me. I didn't mean to out him but at the time I really thought he was mafia anyway, so I meant to point it out as a mafia tactic. Same for when I quoted yuma's vote for Morgrim on day 1. I was meaning to point out that he was scummier than he was getting credit for: he opportunistically jumped on that same bandwagon twice without a lot of real conviction either time.

In your position, I think I would have said something in response to me like, "I saw the doctor tell as well -- didn't everyone?  I think it's too obvious and must be scummy."  Of course, that might have prompted others (e.g. O) to say that he didn't see it, which might have given Volt the confidence to fakeclaim doctor.  But still, it looked scummy when you quoted things that you hinted were important but then didn't offer any discussion about it until prompted.  You did that with the yuma post and the Volt post and it was tough to figure out what you were implying with those, sort of like Mafia hedging.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 01:11:15 pm »

But still, it looked scummy when you quoted things that you hinted were important but then didn't offer any discussion about it until prompted.  You did that with the yuma post and the Volt post and it was tough to figure out what you were implying with those, sort of like Mafia hedging.

Yeah I can understand that. I suppose from my perspective I was obviously not scum, so I didn't need to actively try to not look scummy...only the mafia should have to do that. I wanted to get that out in the open to say "either we have a doctor or this is scum trying to get credibility." I definitely thought it was the later but I thought there was enough chance that the former was true that he was not my first choice for a lynch that day.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2012, 01:25:15 pm »

But still, it looked scummy when you quoted things that you hinted were important but then didn't offer any discussion about it until prompted.  You did that with the yuma post and the Volt post and it was tough to figure out what you were implying with those, sort of like Mafia hedging.

Yeah I can understand that. I suppose from my perspective I was obviously not scum, so I didn't need to actively try to not look scummy...only the mafia should have to do that. I wanted to get that out in the open to say "either we have a doctor or this is scum trying to get credibility." I definitely thought it was the later but I thought there was enough chance that the former was true that he was not my first choice for a lynch that day.

You could say that then.  Whenever you posted information without analysis, it looks like you're fishing to see how the town feels so that you can respond accordingly. :P

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 01:41:35 pm »

You could say that then.  Whenever you posted information without analysis, it looks like you're fishing to see how the town feels so that you can respond accordingly. :P

Oh boy I thought I had. I meant to! #1159? Eh, we don't really need to go into this, we're in the winners' circle! Suffice it to say that I was just convincing enough to get you guys to keep me alive and you guys were clever enough to make the right plays necessary to win. I didn't play as well as I could have but it was fun.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 01:47:47 pm »

Oh boy I thought I had. I meant to! #1159? Eh, we don't really need to go into this, we're in the winners' circle! Suffice it to say that I was just convincing enough to get you guys to keep me alive and you guys were clever enough to make the right plays necessary to win. I didn't play as well as I could have but it was fun.

But you didn't say it when you quoted the post.  Your mysterious posts (including the one with yuma where you said something like, "I'll just leave this here") were so scummy to me because you didn't explain why you posted it. :P

I think you played just fine, even though you were pretty suspicious.  Turns out I was pretty scummy myself at times, though nobody actually called me out on it.  A few people in the QT thought I might be the third Mafia.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2012, 01:53:31 pm »

But you didn't say it when you quoted the post.  Your mysterious posts (including the one with yuma where you said something like, "I'll just leave this here") were so scummy to me because you didn't explain why you posted it. :P

I think you played just fine, even though you were pretty suspicious.  Turns out I was pretty scummy myself at times, though nobody actually called me out on it.  A few people in the QT thought I might be the third Mafia.

That's because only Mafia forget their own thoughts on arguments D1 to push a town lynch instead of a scum lynch. ;)

Just like only spies forget who they put on a successfully passed Mission 1. ;D
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 20 queries.