Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26  All

Author Topic: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, night 3  (Read 78854 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, rules up, pms sent.
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2012, 04:36:30 pm »

You got goober/Axxle the wrong way round
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2012, 04:36:47 pm »

Yeah... at the moment, Axxle and I have posted votes for goober, and theory and ozle have posted votes for Thisisnotasmile.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »

You got goober/Axxle the wrong way round

Doh, meant FTL and goober.

yeah what he said above

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2012, 04:38:24 pm »

I believe ftl voted for goober, not goober voting for ftl.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2012, 04:41:09 pm »

Davio's suspicion of theory is a little much.  Also I still don't like all this mention of what roles we got before the mishap, it's distracting.

I'm also starting to find Ozle not very helpful.  He's suspecting everyone and is a little too willing to jump on the bandwagon (lampshading it somewhat).

Overall though I think at this point it's looking like we might *have* to lynch TINAS.  It seems safest.  I won't change my vote just yet though since I don't want to accidentally give someone the chance to hammer him before we exhaust more possibilities.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2012, 04:44:29 pm »

Gonna vote: Goober simply because it's about the only chance I have left of living. Despite my not-particularly-caring about death at this stage, I would still prefer to live.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2012, 04:46:52 pm »

I see now.  Though I listed Axxle's vote, the vote's distance all the way on the right made it hard to confirm totals.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2012, 04:48:51 pm »

I see now.  Though I listed Axxle's vote, the vote's distance all the way on the right made it hard to confirm totals.

Goober hasn't voted for ftl, but other than that it's right now.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2012, 04:49:17 pm »

The Duchess told everyone that pops left the house to her, and everything else should be divided among his friends.  It will take a while to divide up his Warehouses though..

Vote Count
(2) Thisisnotasmile - theory, Ozle
(2) goober - Axxle, ftl
(1) ftl - goober

Cant see where goober voted? Also, TINAS voted now

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2012, 04:54:31 pm »

Corrected.
Never modding again.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, Day 1 underway.
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2012, 05:05:45 pm »

Theory, on the other hand, has been very short and firm in his posts. His comment about the first lynch being random bugged me. Instead of trying to actively find the mafiosi he points the finger at Thisisnotasmile, who a lot of you are already suspecting. Going with the group seems like a good idea if you don't want to stick out.

I'm heavily suspecting Theory at this point and need some heavy arguing to change my vote.
My goal is not to keep all the townies alive.  My goal is to eradicate the mafia before they get us all.  If it takes a sacrificial lamb in the form of TINAS to draw out useful information (i.e., how everyone is reacting to it), then I am all for it.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2012, 05:14:28 pm »

Guys, im off to bed (now in the unlikely event you wondered where I was)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2012, 05:36:11 pm »

theory 1 9
Ozle 2
Thisisnotasmile 3
ftl 4
Robz888 5 0
Axxle 6
goober 7
Davio 8

I'll probably vote for whoever has the digit that this posts timestamp's second counter lands on.

As changing my vote from this would invariably make me a hot suspect, I think I have to vote for FTL.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2012, 05:42:35 pm »

As changing my vote from this would invariably make me a hot suspect, I think I have to vote for FTL.
If you want it official you have to bold it
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2012, 05:44:01 pm »

My goal is not to keep all the townies alive.  My goal is to eradicate the mafia before they get us all.
Correct, don't forget the object of the game.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2012, 05:44:24 pm »

If you want it official you have to bold it

that noedit rule...

I vote for FTL

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2012, 06:08:38 pm »

Heh. So the accusation is formal now. Random number generator gives you an apparent 2/9ths chance of success, zero percent in reality since I'm a townie, not that y'all will believe my word, I wouldn't expect you to. I suppose since I've been formally accused, I should semi-formally defend myself, even from an accusation with literally nothing behind it, though there's not much else to say because the accusation was so bland.

But why would you want to make a publicly verifiable randomly generated vote like that? At the very least, if you were accusing me, you should have picked a reason, made me defend myself against something more substantive, hoping to set up for catching me in a lie or in non-townie reasoning. Random-number accusations seem like a way to talk and thus not be suspicious due to low post count/inactivity without actually committing to anything that could be used against you later.

My current suspicion list:
1) Goober, due to knowing nothing about him
2) TINAS, due to all the obvious bandwagon stuff.
3) O, due to explicitly random voting

...which is I guess what it was before, but nobody else has said anything that suspicious. Ozle and theory might be for the reasons listed before, by Robz and Davio... but nothing too incriminating...

Goober! What do you think about what's up!

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2012, 06:26:58 pm »

Heh. So the accusation is formal now. Random number generator gives you an apparent 2/9ths chance of success, zero percent in reality since I'm a townie, not that y'all will believe my word, I wouldn't expect you to. I suppose since I've been formally accused, I should semi-formally defend myself, even from an accusation with literally nothing behind it, though there's not much else to say because the accusation was so bland.

But why would you want to make a publicly verifiable randomly generated vote like that? At the very least, if you were accusing me, you should have picked a reason, made me defend myself against something more substantive, hoping to set up for catching me in a lie or in non-townie reasoning. Random-number accusations seem like a way to talk and thus not be suspicious due to low post count/inactivity without actually committing to anything that could be used against you later.

My current suspicion list:
1) Goober, due to knowing nothing about him
2) TINAS, due to all the obvious bandwagon stuff.
3) O, due to explicitly random voting

...which is I guess what it was before, but nobody else has said anything that suspicious. Ozle and theory might be for the reasons listed before, by Robz and Davio... but nothing too incriminating...

Goober! What do you think about what's up!

So you're saying I've done something to try to make myself less likely to be lynched?

I agree!

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2012, 07:01:31 pm »

Hm? I'm confused. Most of the things I said in that post were similar to what I'd said before, but with more exposition since you explicitly accused me with a bold vote. A bold vote which was still due to the time-based RNG, was it not? I didn't think you did anything to make yourself less likely to be lynched, Goober just moved up because I want to hear from him.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2012, 07:05:25 pm »

O, voting purely and transparently randomly does nothing to add information to the game, nor does it really help us later determine whether you are a town or mafia.  Trying not to get lynched isn't the object of the game is to kill the other team before your team gets killed.  Playing safe lets the mafia systematically kill the townies.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2012, 07:16:39 pm »

O, voting purely and transparently randomly does nothing to add information to the game, nor does it really help us later determine whether you are a town or mafia.  Trying not to get lynched isn't the object of the game is to kill the other team before your team gets killed.  Playing safe lets the mafia systematically kill the townies.

Yea, but directed votes are far more likely to fall victim to mafia persuasion, especially in the first round. I'm 80% confident TINAS is not mafia, simply because so many people have bandwagoned.

goober

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2012, 07:26:33 pm »

Wow, this is just about the most active thread I've ever seen. And I've been called out several times already! My inactivity is due to not being able to post at work, so expect a similar pattern of inactivity during American work hours in the future. I'll try to contribute as much as I can though, as I agree that more talk is better (as long as it is meaningful talk). My read of things so far:

I don't get the moves by TINAS, but he has a bit of a combative nature as I recall from dominion-related threads, and to me the moves make so sense no matter his affiliation, so I'm not sure his behavior should be interpreted as particularly scummy. I'm a little suspicious of those who quickly jumped on the TINAS bandwagon though, as to me it doesn't make sense for the town to want to proceed to a lynching as fast as possible on day one, especially without having felt out all the players. I'm less suspicious of those who are voting for me, as it seems like just an effort to get me to respond, and not a serious desire to lynch early.

So I guess I am slightly suspicious of theory and even more so of ozle, as his vote made immediately after theory's seemed like a serious attempt to move towards a lynch rather than just applying pressure, and the logic behind it seems strange. If you don't buy his vanilla townie roleclaim, and think it is evidence that he is mafia, then why end by saying "a non-powered townie is better than a power townie". If you think he's lying, then you have no reason to think he's a vanilla townie, so this makes no sense. Granted you'd still want to lynch him, but this last little argument is invalid.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2012, 07:32:58 pm »

I don't get the moves by TINAS, but he has a bit of a combative nature as I recall from dominion-related threads, and to me the moves make so sense no matter his affiliation, so I'm not sure his behavior should be interpreted as particularly scummy. I'm a little suspicious of those who quickly jumped on the TINAS bandwagon though, as to me it doesn't make sense for the town to want to proceed to a lynching as fast as possible on day one, especially without having felt out all the players. I'm less suspicious of those who are voting for me, as it seems like just an effort to get me to respond, and not a serious desire to lynch early.

So I guess I am slightly suspicious of theory and even more so of ozle, as his vote made immediately after theory's seemed like a serious attempt to move towards a lynch rather than just applying pressure, and the logic behind it seems strange. If you don't buy his vanilla townie roleclaim, and think it is evidence that he is mafia, then why end by saying "a non-powered townie is better than a power townie". If you think he's lying, then you have no reason to think he's a vanilla townie, so this makes no sense. Granted you'd still want to lynch him, but this last little argument is invalid.

I agree with much of this, though not all. I do think there is some good evidence against TINAS. His initial defensiveness, his role reveal, and his subsequent behavior and then going quiet reads mafia to me.

But I definitely agree with not wanting speed up the day phase. There is really no benefit to that for us. Which is why I have not cast a vote for TINAS, despite being the initial supporter of voting him, and I am still probably the most convinced person that he is mafia.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2012, 07:35:40 pm »

Responding to O:

O/TINAS for mafia!

(Mostly joking...)

I see your point, but voting randomly just pushes day 1 back to day 0, though. If we vote randomly, then someone dies at night, and we're back to the same situation - no concrete information (unless the cop reveals), voting randomly. The aim of day 0 discussion is to rattle some cages, get someone (hopefully a mafia!) to act suspicious, and then to at least form some information about people's allegiances.

Wow, this is just about the most active thread I've ever seen. And I've been called out several times already! My inactivity is due to not being able to post at work, so expect a similar pattern of inactivity during American work hours in the future. I'll try to contribute as much as I can though, as I agree that more talk is better (as long as it is meaningful talk).

Seems reasonable. I think we all got really into the game really quickly, hence the activity and calling you out :)

Unvote

I suspect that it goober was mafia, he'd have just jumped on the TINAS bandwagon.

Or he's just good at this and bluffing :(

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2012, 07:36:21 pm »

I guess I would really like to hear TINAS defend himself again. My mind is far from made up, though if I had to, I would vote for him.

TINAS: Are you the mafia? Can you explain your behavior? And whom do you suspect?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26  All

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 20 queries.