Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26  All

Author Topic: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, night 3  (Read 81155 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, Day 2.
« Reply #400 on: May 21, 2012, 11:33:44 am »

Ozle, will you name the person you investigated?

I will do if there is a consensus from people, if I do name them then it tells the last mafia who a vanilla townie is, meaning they can have an increased chance if they go after the jailer tonight (unless they go for Tinas or me, but presume if I survive today and am the cop I'll be the one protected). So I'd rather not do it unless its a last resort and it looks like I'm gonna get lynched

If  3 people (not including Tinas for obvious reasons) want me too then I will

Not necessarily. You just picked the same person as the jailkeeper. You could have both picked a mafia member. Let's say I am mafia, and you chose to investigate me, and the jailkeeper chose to block me (either to inhibit my mafia-ness, or to protect me). That would stop your power from working, but it wouldn't prove I was innocent--and in this case, I would not have been.

But if a jail keeper can't do himself that person is either a vanilla townie or a mafia, and if it's a mafia know who the mafia are , so if he isn't one then they are a vanilla...
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 21, 2012, 11:35:26 am »

So the current standings are:

TINAS: 2 votes (Axxle, Ozle)
Ozle: 1 vote (TINAS)
Undecided: 4 votes (Robz, ftl, O, Davio).

We only need 4 votes for a majority instead of 5 of course.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 21, 2012, 11:38:43 am »

Ozle, will you name the person you investigated?

I will do if there is a consensus from people, if I do name them then it tells the last mafia who a vanilla townie is, meaning they can have an increased chance if they go after the jailer tonight (unless they go for Tinas or me, but presume if I survive today and am the cop I'll be the one protected). So I'd rather not do it unless its a last resort and it looks like I'm gonna get lynched

If  3 people (not including Tinas for obvious reasons) want me too then I will

Not necessarily. You just picked the same person as the jailkeeper. You could have both picked a mafia member. Let's say I am mafia, and you chose to investigate me, and the jailkeeper chose to block me (either to inhibit my mafia-ness, or to protect me). That would stop your power from working, but it wouldn't prove I was innocent--and in this case, I would not have been.

But if a jail keeper can't do himself that person is either a vanilla townie or a mafia, and if it's a mafia know who the mafia are , so if he isn't one then they are a vanilla...

I see. So the mafia will learn that the person you investigated, who was blocked, is not the jailkeeper. I'm not sure that's worth you not saying anything here, though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 21, 2012, 11:40:25 am »

So the current standings are:

We only need 4 votes for a majority instead of 5 of course.

Right, I'm nearly certain it's TINAS, and will cast that vote, but I guess it's rude to bring it so close to death when not everybody has checked in yet and TINAS hasn't had a chance to defend himself.

In the meantime, plan on reading lots of posts from me tooting my own horn regarding round 1. And I see that Axxle has tactically returned to the "TINAS is mafia camp." We could have used you yesterday when you deserted us, Mr. Axxle!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 21, 2012, 11:42:41 am »

I you assume I'm telling the truth, and we lynch the mafia role cop TINAS, then that leaves us with 5 and 1 mafia.

The mafia left will know I'm the cop obviously, so that's 1 out. Leaving 4 townies, giving him 25% to get the jailer. If I eliminate someone else, that becomes a 33% chance.

Difference isn't massive, but would rather wait for town consensus

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2012, 11:43:40 am »

I wonder what FTL and O are going for?

Also I wonder if the thread gets in lockdown mode immediately after 4 votes are in or if there is an opportunity for the rest to cast their votes. Their votes are irrelevant of course, but maybe some people want to make it clear they're not bandwagoneers and vote someone else altogether.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2012, 11:45:01 am »

In the meantime, plan on reading lots of posts from me tooting my own horn regarding round 1.

I hope you're ready to eat those words and that horn along with them.

Defense is currently being compiled.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2012, 11:53:26 am »

Also, in the search for TINAS partner, I was suspicious of Robz, especially as he seems so keen to know who else is vanilla, but casting the third vote is either a sure fire townie move, or an incredibly risky mafia move as someone else could have come along and put the hammer down on his partner. So he is now off my list.

O seemed quite defensive of Tinas in the first day, which made me suspicious as I have been fairly sure of tinas all the way through. But he seemed to back up his reasons fairly well.

I assume at this delicate stage, the mafia partner will definitely not vote for his partner, so will have more info when this vote ends I suppose

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:46 am »

If one student fails a test, we blame the student, if several fail a test, we blame the teacher.

The jailkeeper, if it is in the game, works as follows.

The jailkeeper pms me the name of a player he would like to jail. 
1. That player is protected from kills.  That player is not protected from anything else, just kills.
2. That player fails any actions he tries to take the same night.  If he tries to shoot someone, his target survives.  If he tries to Cop someone, he gets no result.  If he tries to Doc someone, his target isn't actually safe from anything.  If he tries to Rolecop someone, he gets no result.

Vote count in a bit.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2012, 11:57:31 am »

Which means the jailkeeper used his power on Ozle, rather than Ozle's target.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2012, 11:59:33 am »

Oh, so I was jailed then not my target. So bangs goes that theory (no offence theory)

Your right then it doesn't matter who I investigated as they could still be anyone

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2012, 12:01:35 pm »

Ozle has a Steward that takes care of his Gardens for him.  He loves the guy.  It makes him 2$ if he needs it, and if he's got most of the money in his overgrown kingdom, he can walk through two more of his fiefs and hope to clear some Estates out of the day's cycle.  How cool is that?

This is wrong, but I'll do it anyway.
Vote count:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2012, 12:05:02 pm »

Oh, so I was jailed then not my target. So bangs goes that theory (no offence theory)

Your right then it doesn't matter who I investigated as they could still be anyone

Right, so I'm just curious who you attempted to investigate, since it tells us nothing anyway.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2012, 12:17:44 pm »

Yep, I went for, and I hope you won't hold this against me, you Robz. You seemed to be hedging a little bit too much

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2012, 12:23:58 pm »

Nah, not being defensive anymore. I'm happy to be lynched. I'm fine being randomly lynched as long as there is no REAL info going around because it means I can sit back and laugh at my team (read: town) for bringing it upon themselves for the rest of the game. And hey, chances are we are going to lynch one of our own, so may as well get rid of someone who doesn't have a power role. It could be worse, right?

Okay let's start with this. This is my supposed blunder. What I actually did with this post, was to accept that somebody has to be lynched on day one. I also pointed out, for the benefit of the new players in the game that may have forgotten, that THERE ARE TOWN MEMBERS WHO ARE MORE VALUABLE THAN OTHER TOWN MEMBERS. That is all. I obviously didn't say at this point "oh and by the way that valuable person is me", because what use is a cop that dies night 1? Seriously people, how is that any better than a cop that dies day 1?

Maybe I made a blunder. Then again, maybe I didn't?

(Not so) subtle hint that maybe you should re-read my previous post and think about it a bit. Obviously everybody re-read it and didn't think about it.

Gonna vote: Goober simply because it's about the only chance I have left of living. Despite my not-particularly-caring about death at this stage, I would still prefer to live.

This really was a desperate attempt to have someone else lynched, because you know, anyone dying is better for the town than the cop dying.

As I have already stated, I haven't acted strange at all. This is the way I am. Nobody has any information at the begining of a mafia game and random accusations fly. That's how it goes. And I like to joke around and have a bit of fun. You'll get it after a few games with me, and I completely understand if you don't get it now and want to lynch me for it. Go ahead, it's cool. But in the past, I've done some crazy stuff. I mean, I've claimed to be mafia with the first post of a game, survived the whole game because nobody believed me, and ended up winning... as mafia. When I had much more time on my hands than I do now, I invented the tactic of stalking the "currently online" list (as a mafia member) in the night phase, watching for people sending PMs. Great way to catch power roles right there. Hell, I've even stolen someone's identity on IRC and messaged other people about "who we should kill tonight", framing them to be lynched immeditaely. And I wasn't even mafia. I did it for laughs and man... it was hilarious.

But yeah, until you understand the way I play I might seem suspicious to you. I understand and as I've said, I'm more than happy to be lynched. It doesn't feel like a loss if I haven't had a chance to play. I've made a number of posts in this thread and I stand by everything I've said. If there's something that doesn't make sense to you then maybe I wasn't clear... or maybe you just don't understand... or maybe it's a combination of the two and hey, maybe there's a reason people post slightly cryptically in a game of mafia. It's a game of hidden information. You can try to put information out there to help your team mates but you can't be too open with it, there are bad guys out there too who have just as much access to that information. Not saying I've said anything purposefully cryptic in this game, but I'm just going to throw that out there for something for you guys to consider for the rest of this game and for future games.

And to answer to question of who I suspect... No idea. As I say, at this point in the game we have no information. We can read into things all we want but at the end of the day it's still going to be a pseudo random vote anyway. There's not really going to be anything out there to read anything real into, because nobody's stupid enough to give away their role before the game's even started. Having said that, we should totally lynch Theory for being an admin or Ozle for being so quick to jump on the bandwagon. Also they both voted for me. Total mafia tell.

And now that we've heard from Goober I am more than happy to unvote. That guy's pretty much cleared himself.

First paragraph here is exactly what it seems. It's just me throwing out examples of my previous play in an attempt to get you all to understand that I didn't do anything suspicious. I understand that my normal play style can seem suspicious to people who don't know me, so I really am just letting you guys get to know me a bit. Yeah, I made an enemy in Ftl (and possibly others) with this post, but hey. I'm me whether you know it or not.

Second paragraph is yet another (un)subtle hint that I have cryptically tried to get people to think about lynches a bit more carefully as not all townies are equal.

Third paragraph was maybe a slight mistake. At that point I was all like "meh, I don't need to work stuff out, I'm gonna get info at night anyway (if I live)", and that's why I was just shrugging off the idea of getting information from peoples' actions. But hey, if I weren't going to get info at night I would definitely not have shrugged this off. One more cop giveaway for the collection?

Fourth paragraph is exactly what it says. Goober finally made a post, and it made a LOT of sense.

BST (GMT+1) for me.

And I am well aware that I COULD be top of a mafia hitlist. But hey, not really my fault that I was forced into giving away so much information. But then again, maybe I'm not a mafia target because maybe the mafia think they can get away with letting me live and convincing you lot to lynch me. Afterall, if I survive day and night, I'm 100% mafia right? So I'm going to be lynched then anyway. So why do mafia need to waste their night kill on me?

Who knows? Maybe they hadn't throught about the situation I just explained, Maybe they were thinking of killing me and now they're going to let me live because I've just helped them to understand that that's a damn good thing to do. Maybe they're not. This is mafia. People don't always do the most obvious thing, because man, that's pretty obvious and gives away information. If you do something different, that people weren't expecting, they'll think about it. And they won't understand it. And they'll be confused and do the wrong thing. Maybe you can even get the other side to help your side by confusing them enough. Maybe not. Who knows. Let's see.

I was well aware that after what happened day one, (unexperienced) mafia would want to kill me. This post was simply a way of giving a potentially unexperienced mafia the experience that they needed to let me live. Hey, it worked.

Not at all.

I repeat "I've made a number of posts in this thread and I stand by everything I've said. If there's something that doesn't make sense to you then maybe I wasn't clear... or maybe you just don't understand... or maybe it's a combination of the two and hey, maybe there's a reason people post slightly cryptically in a game of mafia. It's a game of hidden information. You can try to put information out there to help your team mates but you can't be too open with it, there are bad guys out there too who have just as much access to that information. Not saying I've said anything purposefully cryptic in this game, but I'm just going to throw that out there for something for you guys to consider for the rest of this game and for future games."

Please go ahead and lynch me. It's cool. It's your own problem though. Afterall, I'll be dead.

At this point I was seriously considering just coming out as the cop immediately. Seriously, could my (un)suble hints become any less subtle? I didn't think they could. Now, I'm well aware that some of you are firm believers that an alive cop is so much better than a dead cop, and I agree, but once again I don't see the difference between a cop that dies night 1 and a cop that dies day 1. Neither can do anything to help their team at all, and this is why I waited.

To be honest, at this point I've pretty much said everything I have to say and I've definitely said everything I'm WILLING to say. I'm just gonna stay quiet(ish) for a while and let you guys make up your mind. It's all out in the open for you.

Yeah. I really am giving up hope here. One final (un)subtle hint here though. Note how I've said "pretty much everything" I have to say and "definitely everything" I'm WILLING to say. This was an important part of this post. I am not willing at this point to say that I am cop, for reasons I have already stated, but I do have it available to say.

Do you want me to just vote for myself?
I've done it many times, but in this case I won't do it, because it's not the right thing to do. If you want me gone, you'll have to do it yourselves.

The first post here was just out of pure frustration that nobody was "getting it", and I wanted it to end quickly so I could have a whole "you guys all suck and deserve what you get" moment for myself. The second post was me coming to the realisation that it actually wasn't the right thing to do. If I were plain townie I would have done it, killed myself, and stopped the potential disaster of turning it around to save myself and killing someone much more important instead. When I am the most important person for the Town, it is completely different.

I get it. Not really caring about being the first to die when my team is at a 2-7 disadvantage is much more likely than not caring when my team is 7-2 up. That's just silly. Nobody WANTS to be killed, not even me, but I don't mind being killed if it's the best possible outcome for my team. In this community, I'm not prepared to force that disadvantage on my own team, no matter how slight, while there's still a chance of the vote being turned around against the mafia. I've done it before on my old forum many times, but this community is different and I respect that.

As for not pointing the finger at anybody myself, sorry, I've been too busy trying not to get stabbed in the face by everybody else.

I stand by my support of everything Goober has said, and in particular one comment, which I will now repeat just to make sure it is not missed:

Whoever is mafia, both members have already voted for me or else I would already have been hammered.

I know that at this point I could still be mafia in which case that's not true blah blah blah whatever. This is why I want you all to remember this statement for when I am dead, and my innocense is proven.

In light of this fact, and Theory's desperation for me to start pointing the finger myself, I am more than happy to vote: Theory.

Now, I must get back to work. Already late.
Congrats if you turn my point around into something else and actually manage to convince that one extra person that you need to vote for me. However, if and when you do manage that, and my role is revealed, you can expect a quick admin lynching to be on the cards.

Hope you're prepared. I am.

These two posts are me spotting a chance at survival and grabbing it with both hands... and feet... and my penis. Obviously you're going to say mafia would do this too, so we'll just move on... apart from one thing. That thing about numbers and who would care most about being lynched. Yeah. If I were mafia, would I REALLY have been so carefree about giving up without a fight? Going 7-1 down is much, much, much, much, much, much, much worse than going 6-2 up but losing a guy that for all intents and purposes might not even be in the game at all as far as anyone else knows at this point.

My only 'mistake' was to respond to joking accusations "I know nothing but I think it's TIANS and Theory" with a joking rebuttal "Well I know it's not me so it must be Theory". Nothing else that I have said even comes close to being a mistake, no matter how many times you or anybody else says it does. If you don't get it, that's your fault, not mine.

Once again suggesting that maybe things that may not have made complete sense to people may have had other, (un)subtler meanings.

(Also, thanks guys. I'll make sure you don't regret it).

You let the cop live to see the first night. This is great news for the town, and believing I had convinced the mafia earlier not to kill me at night (because they can get me lynched day two anyway) I was fairly certain I was going to get at least (and probably at most) one night's worth of guaranteed hard facts. (Un)subtle hint here that I was going to do just that.

Also hoping our cop will subtly push us in the right direction... if he knows a right direction.

If we have a cop...

WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE.

I am, too, suspicious of Axxle's hedging but mostly actually of Ftl. Ftl is the guy who wanted me gone because of the person I am, rather than anything game related, and then at the last minute seemed fine to swing completely the other way and drop the hammer on Theory with no real reasoning. I'd like to hear from Ftl about why he did this?

Seriously was (and still am) suspicious of these two. Trying to coax out posts from them which could potentially link either to Ozle before I drop the news.

I look forward to your full analysis. Also still interested in hearing from Ftl. Probably Axxle too.

95% certain O is good at this point.

Once again, trying to get someone to forge a link with Ozle.

Okay let's do this. Was gonna wait for Ozle and Axxle to make a post but I don't really think we need it...

I'm the cop. I need to reveal at some point today regardless (of whether I'm a likely lynch target or not), because if I don't there's a good chance I will be killed at night and will have missed my chance to reveal. Since I know both mafia members had voted for me yesterday (hence the lack of hammer on me), I last night investigated Ozle. 100% no strings guarantee, he is mafia.

With that out of the way that leaves the last mafia being either Ftl or Robz. I also am slightly suspicious of Axxle but he had a chance to hammer me (he posted when he wasn't on the bandwagon for me and there were 4 votes for me), and didn't take it. In my mind, that pretty much rules him out. That leaves it down to Ftl, who I have voiced my suspicions of earlier, and Robz, who doesn't seem so suspicious, but has played before and may be good at covering himself. Maybe we can work together to figure it out?

But for now: vote: Ozle.

It's time for everyone to start searching for Ozle-accomplices. Maybe delay the lynch a bit to give us some time to think, and when I die tonight (do we have a docor? Oh boy do I hope we have a doctor) I wish the rest of the town the best of luck.

Once again I am sorry for getting Theory killed, but at the end of the day, it was better than losing me. I promised I would make it worth your while and I am now delivering.

And.... there we go. Boom.

Notice also that as soon as I dropped this bomb, Ozle has become immediately defensive. This was obviously always going to happen, but his posts are short and abrupt. It seems that he is having so many thoughts rushing around in his head now the truth has come up out of nowhere and smacked him in the face with an atomic bomb. He can't seem to make a calm, collected and thought out post. Instead he posts anything and everything that pops up into his head that might have a slight possibility of saving him.

And for the record, if I knew he were mafia rolecop, would I have kept that information private? Of course I wouldn't. That would just be pointless. But I did not know he was rolecop until he started using that as a defence because he couldn't think of anything better at the time. How could I have known? I'm a cop, not a rolecop. What sort of a person would get the strange idea that a role that they are claiming to be could discover not only the allegiance, but also the role of their target. Oh yes, that's right, a rolecop. Defensive blunder. Game over.

More than happy to answer any questions anyone may have. Please don't be too quick to hammer anyone, even Ozle. We've got time to think and plan.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2012, 12:33:17 pm »

Yep, I went for, and I hope you won't hold this against me, you Robz. You seemed to be hedging a little bit too much

I don't hold it against you, but hedging? Me? I have done no hedging! I went after TINAS and have not once deviated. I defended theory and did not once deviate. And I don't know why you would suspect me when I was the only living person on your side from the TINAS voters. But fine.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2012, 12:38:45 pm »

TINAS, if you had defended yourself this well last round, you wouldn't even be in this situation. Ugh. This might be harder call than I thought.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 21, 2012, 12:41:49 pm »

He knows I am the Cop, not quite sure how he does maybe I gave it away

So either a lucky guess or he knew I would investigate him and find out he is Mafia (except I didn't, because I was already convinced).
Im not sure how he knew I was the cop, must have let something slip earlier.

Desperation defence. "He knows I'm cop which is why he's claiming cop". Yeah, that makes sense. How is it that I know you're cop? Oh yeah, that's right, you have no idea how I could know that but I definitely know that. You say maybe you slipped up earlier to reveal you are cop. I challenge you to find where you said anything that would tell me that you are cop. I guarantee you have said nothing of the sort since... you know... you're not the cop.

Just thought of another thing:

Quote by TINAS
" I last night investigated Ozle. 100% no strings guarantee, he is mafia"

And then a bit later he says I am a mafia rolecop:
"Ozle's post confirms the mafia rolecop has found that we have a jailkeeper"

If TINAS KNOWS im a mafia, why would he not also reveal earlier on that he also knew I was a Mafia Rolecop, only offering this information AFTER i pointed out I could prove I investigated someone, surely if he knew I was a rolecop he would be ready for me to come back and say i investigated someone, but fails to mention this until i put up my claim that I investigated someone.

I know I mentioned it (twice) earlier but I just want to quote this for emphasis. The reason I did not out Ozle as mafia rolecop is because I did not know he was. If Ozle really is cop, consider how he could have made this serious blunder about how his own role works.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 21, 2012, 12:44:48 pm »

And one final thing to think about for now. What's more likely?

A. Mafia claiming cop, outing a guy as mafia who just so happens to be the cop who just so happens to conveniently get jailkept all at the same time.

B. Cop outing mafia. Mafia retaliating with a mirror defence.

Just throwing it out there.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 21, 2012, 12:47:03 pm »

Nah, not being defensive anymore. I'm happy to be lynched. I'm fine being randomly lynched as long as there is no REAL info going around because it means I can sit back and laugh at my team (read: town) for bringing it upon themselves for the rest of the game. And hey, chances are we are going to lynch one of our own, so may as well get rid of someone who doesn't have a power role. It could be worse, right?

Okay let's start with this. This is my supposed blunder. What I actually did with this post, was to accept that somebody has to be lynched on day one. I also pointed out, for the benefit of the new players in the game that may have forgotten, that THERE ARE TOWN MEMBERS WHO ARE MORE VALUABLE THAN OTHER TOWN MEMBERS. That is all. I obviously didn't say at this point "oh and by the way that valuable person is me", because what use is a cop that dies night 1? Seriously people, how is that any better than a cop that dies day 1?

I dont see how this is a rebuttal, it says pretty clearly there that you dont mind being lynched because its better that you are lynched as your a vanilla townie. All that 'implied' stuff you say you have posted doesnt really add up to much,

This is your big defence, that you were implying you were a cop all along? But so subtly nobody picked up on it? All you have done is try to go back and weasel the meaning of your words trying now it seems to claim that you were onto me from the start!, while your much awaited defence has absolutely no evidence im a mafia except for the fact that I got defensive when you called me mafia using the claim you were the cop! Well, duuuh! Oh and the fact I thought investigating someone would reveal what they did, if I wasn't jailed I would have known that!

So your basic defence is that you knew I was Mafia all along, and tried to weasel more information out of me and the other mafia, except then all of a sudden you decide to switch tactic, even though you dont have this information you were trying to get you decide to try and out me.

So to sum your points against me: I got defensive and didn't know the difference between a cop and a rolecop
My points to you: You got caught in a blatant lie saying you were vanilla townie when about to be lynched, and now claiming you are a cop along.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:28 pm »

I don't hold it against you, but hedging? Me? I have done no hedging! I went after TINAS and have not once deviated. I defended theory and did not once deviate. And I don't know why you would suspect me when I was the only living person on your side from the TINAS voters. But fine.

Hedging was probably the wrong word, I think possibly because you came out strongly for Theory (even before I did) but were slower than me to cast the vote which made me a bit suspicious (but because all the attention was on Theory and TINAS I was not really sure who to investigate). After your third vote for TINAS today (even though you have since withdrawn it) I am pretty sure you are town (or too clever a mafia for me to work out)

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 21, 2012, 12:54:32 pm »

A. Mafia claiming cop, outing a guy as mafia who just so happens to be the cop who just so happens to conveniently get jailkept all at the same time.

Not sure how either of these are too different, as we are both either rolecop and cop. And we know for sure you investigated me and then pre-emptively claimed i was a Cop to get in first. (I presume you assumed I investigated you)

At least the jailkeeper will know im not lying!

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 21, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »

I'm not denying that I claimed I was a vanilla townie. I am saying that I made a very clear attempt wth that post to make people think seriously about the fact that there are power roles in the game, and not just to bandwagon anybody. It was subtle, but the fact that I referred back to it so many more times during the topic very clearly implies that I knew what I was doing. It was not a mistake. I knew if I could turn around the vote, then it would be much better for me to be "a vanilla townie" than "the cop" in everybody else's eyes (note that those eyes include the eyes of the mafia). It worked. I survived and as the mafia had no reason... you know what I'm going to start this sentece again

I survived and as YOU had no reason to suspect I was the cop, I survived the night. Hooray, I've lived longer and acheived more than a cop who outs themselves to survive a lynch on day one.

Keep digging.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 21, 2012, 12:56:26 pm »

Not sure how either of these are too different, as we are both either rolecop and cop. And we know for sure you investigated me and then pre-emptively claimed i was a Cop to get in first. (I presume you assumed I investigated you)

At least the jailkeeper will know im not lying!

I really want to know where you think I picked up that you are a cop. And I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that you mistyped when you claimed that I claimed you are cop.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 21, 2012, 01:04:08 pm »

You can make as many repetitive posts as you like, you've been caught lying (and are now owning up to it I see), Ive caught you changing your story several times now. Its really that simple.

You investigated me as the rolecop because now theory is gone you knew I would be leading the charge against you, when you found out that I was the cop you did the only tactic left to you which is the pre-emptive strike as you knew I would again be leading a charge against you. If you really were the cop, you would have left it to try and bring out more information about accomplices (like you claim you were doing, except you were not really. )

if you truely were looking for info on accomplices you would have at least waited for everyone else to post before you claimed I was Mafia, not make the claim after only a few posts.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.