Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26  All

Author Topic: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, night 3  (Read 80683 times)

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, Day 2.
« Reply #375 on: May 21, 2012, 07:37:22 am »

Would also be a lie, but I'd like to see it.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2012, 07:40:48 am »

Sorry I edited that post, forgot about the rule.

I only added the two blocks below the two "Would be funny" sentences.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2012, 07:46:11 am »

He knows I am the Cop, not quite sure how he does maybe I gave it away

So either a lucky guess or he knew I would investigate him and find out he is Mafia (except I didn't, because I was already convinced).

And Im pretty sure I can prove I am the cop, as the person I investigated I got 'No result on' meaning they were in jail. So I can just name that person, and at least the Jailer will know im on the up!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2012, 07:46:28 am »

Yeah, I completely understand if anybody does not trust me (apart from Ozle. If you do not trust me you are lying). I'm more than happy to explain my "mistakes" (read: I have not made any mistakes ;)) later on if anyone thinks it will help them to believe me. Otherwish you can just lynch me or Ozle (I would recommend Ozle) and confirm my story for yourself.

Back to work now.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2012, 07:47:54 am »

And in my mind, Ozle's post confirms the mafia rolecop has found that we have a jailkeeper. Thanks for that info. No premature lynching while I am gone, please, guys.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2012, 07:49:17 am »

Not much point beating about the bush now, I think this comes down to who you believe, me or TINAS.

Vote Tinas

Im not sure how he knew I was the cop, must have let something slip earlier.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:21 am »

As it can only be down to me and TINAS, and TINAS says he has done nothing that would mark him out as mafia but it looks real clear to me that he is the Mafia Rolecop, ill do a recap of why I have suspected him all along:

Some Tinas quotes:

He led the charge against theory
He came out early as extremely defensive after being accused, trying to use his 'this is how I play' argument.
Although this all of a sudden changed when it started to go against him and he looked like he was likely to get lynched.

If you were in a power role, would you make this quote:
Nah, not being defensive anymore. I'm happy to be lynched. I'm fine being randomly lynched as long as there is no REAL info going around because it means I can sit back and laugh at my team (read: town) for bringing it upon themselves for the rest of the game. And hey, chances are we are going to lynch one of our own, so may as well get rid of someone who doesn't have a power role. It could be worse, right?
Where he basically stats he is a vanilla townie!!

I tink that last bit is the killer for me, he has claimed he was a vanilla townie when he was going to get lynched, and now he is claiming he is the cop.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 21, 2012, 08:01:39 am »

(no edit, so cant remove the 'Some Tinas quotes' bit of my above posts, those are not quotes by him, those are why I thought he was mafia. Apart from the bit in quotes obviosuly, thats a quote from him)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2012, 08:17:27 am »

Somehow my post got lost but here's the gist:

Woah-woah, woah-woah, woah-woah-woah.  What are you doing TINAS? Do you realize how close I was to lynching you yesterday?

It's pretty obvious that Ozle and TINAS are cop and rolecop.  That's the only way the have the information they have.  Not trusting TINAS at all after what happened Day 1.  Lying is a huge indicator of mafia.  I'm wary of Ozle too, but really only for the same reasons I was of theory and that mislynch has put me a little on edge for following that same line of thought.

Now I have to go read the thread a third time?  ::)  (well, i guess i only got halfway through it the second time)
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 21, 2012, 08:57:13 am »

Just thought of another thing:

Quote by TINAS
" I last night investigated Ozle. 100% no strings guarantee, he is mafia"

And then a bit later he says I am a mafia rolecop:
"Ozle's post confirms the mafia rolecop has found that we have a jailkeeper"

If TINAS KNOWS im a mafia, why would he not also reveal earlier on that he also knew I was a Mafia Rolecop, only offering this information AFTER i pointed out I could prove I investigated someone, surely if he knew I was a rolecop he would be ready for me to come back and say i investigated someone, but fails to mention this until i put up my claim that I investigated someone.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, rules up, pms sent.
« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2012, 09:15:18 am »

Ok, lets look at voting behavior:
It does seem a rather suspicious post on your part This, especially as you seem a bit of a pro at this, and even if your lying and not a Mafioso (which I believe is highly likely) then a non-powered townie is bit better than a power townie.

Vote: Thisisnotasmile
Quickly after theory, although it was also after posts of TINAS claiming vanilla and Robz explaining to everyone why lynching a vanilla townie is better than a role.  It never changes
Gonna vote: Goober simply because it's about the only chance I have left of living. Despite my not-particularly-caring about death at this stage, I would still prefer to live.
After 2 votes on goober just for (goober) being inactive.
And now that we've heard from Goober I am more than happy to unvote. That guy's pretty much cleared himself.
After everyone else unvotes for him for similar reasons.
Whoever is mafia, both members have already voted for me or else I would already have been hammered.

I know that at this point I could still be mafia in which case that's not true blah blah blah whatever. This is why I want you all to remember this statement for when I am dead, and my innocense is proven.

In light of this fact, and Theory's desperation for me to start pointing the finger myself, I am more than happy to vote: Theory.
After only Davio voted for him.

For all TINAS's assertions he was vanilla town and claiming he was ok with being lynched (which I someone compiled previously) he was pretty desperate to get someone else lynched. Jumping on most (all?) bandwagons. I'm not sure why I missed it before.  I have a very bad feeling I made a big mistake not lynching him when I had the chance. 

TINAS could have been a lot more subtler about claiming Cop. There is only a 1/3 chance of there being a doctor.  Maybe it's worth it to be night-killed to kill one mafia, but I think it's more likely that you saw that people were still suspecting you primarily (panicked?) and wanted to pull the Cop card before Ozle did.

Ozle's counter claim seems very convenient.  Is there a Jailer? If not we may be able to just call it and lynch Ozle.  Ozle hasn't been making many waves, and that could be that he's mafia or a cop that wants to be sure about what hes doing.

At this point we need to figure out if it's TINAS or Ozle.  I'm not sure if we should figure out his accomplice just yet... Actually we probably should since that will give the Jailer (assuming he exists) a potential mafia member that we can prevent from killing in the night.

The conclusion I invariably come to is Vote: TINAS Sorry I didn't follow your line of reasoning earlier, Robz.

I was just about to say I hope to hear goober's thoughts on this...  :'( 

Well in any case I'd definitely like to hear from everyone else, mostly O since I'm sure he has a different perspective on all this, trusting TINAS from the start.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 21, 2012, 09:19:25 am »

It seems we have reached quite an interesting crossroads.

I won't past anything past TINAS. His erratic behavior may very well be that of a kingpin who's feeling the heat. He barely escaped the first day lynch and may very well think: "If I can live through that, I can basically do anything and they won't lynch me."

This is false. I have only indulged TINAS so far, because of the amount of posts he generates.
Ozle on the other hand has become really defensive. I guess the thought of getting lynched will do that to you.

Will have to go through the thread again to methodically separate the lies from the truth, going to take a while...

Is there any way to filter out the posts from someone in a topic?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 21, 2012, 09:31:55 am »

Yep, I've had to go defensive and reveal im a cop. I wasn't going to do it until I put more pressure on TINAS to see if we could catch his partner out. Coming straight off the bat and announcing it just seems a really bad tactic to me, a desperation tactic. Would love to hear some justification with this.

"Is there any way to filter out the posts from someone in a topic?"
Not sure if there is, I looked thorugh users posts in the forum and just picked out the Mafia related ones, although sometimes then you don't get context.

Just to reiterate though, there are two clear lies Tinas  has made so far:
Claiming im 100% mafia then claiming im a rolecopNow, this could be a move to try to draw information out, but then if his aim was to try to trick information out mafia then why come right out with announcing your a cop
and
Claiming to be vanilla then claiming to be a cop

He has already managed to somehow to convince you in the first round that it was Theory not him who was the mafia. I dont know how he got away with it once, but he is doing it again.

As far as I can tell I have not drawn that much suspicion in the first round, didn't get a vote, which is why he probably Rolecopped me and got lucky that I was the cop

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 21, 2012, 10:55:54 am »

Looks like I was right about him on day one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take that, haters.

Yeah, Ozle is absolutely the cop. There is no way TINAS would have not told us he was the cop yesterday. He was at 4 votes and it seemed imminent that would go to 5.

VOTE TINAS
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 21, 2012, 10:58:08 am »

Oops, not sure I wrote it the correct way. VOTE: TINAS

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 21, 2012, 11:13:14 am »

Ozle, will you name the person you investigated?

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 21, 2012, 11:18:10 am »

Okay seriously, don't hammer me, give me a chance to defend myself. I said I would after work and you all respond with this...

Give me a minute. Please someone unvote before you make a horrible mistake.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 21, 2012, 11:20:14 am »

Okay seriously, don't hammer me, give me a chance to defend myself. I said I would after work and you all respond with this...

Give me a minute. Please someone unvote before you make a horrible mistake.
I won't vote until you can make your case.
I won't guarantee I won't vote for you after either.

Then again I don't like hopping on bandwagons, so if I vote for you, it will be for my own reasons, not someone elses.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 21, 2012, 11:21:35 am »

Okay first thing's first, I didn't announce that Ozle was mafia rolecop when I originally claimed cop because well... being the cop doesn't tell you your target's role, just their allegiance. I only knew he was rolecop after he announced to the world that he found the jailer last night.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:51 am »

I will do if there is a consensus from people, if I do name them then it tells the last mafia who a vanilla townie is, meaning they can have an increased chance if they go after the jailer tonight (unless they go for Tinas or me, but presume if I survive today and am the cop I'll be the one protected). So I'd rather not do it unless its a last resort and it looks like I'm gonna get lynched

If  3 people (not including Tinas for obvious reasons) want me too then I will

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 21, 2012, 11:29:08 am »

I will do if there is a consensus from people, if I do name them then it tells the last mafia who a vanilla townie is, meaning they can have an increased chance if they go after the jailer tonight (unless they go for Tinas or me, but presume if I survive today and am the cop I'll be the one protected). So I'd rather not do it unless its a last resort and it looks like I'm gonna get lynched

If  3 people (not including Tinas for obvious reasons) want me too then I will

Not necessarily. You just picked the same person as the jailkeeper. You could have both picked a mafia member. Let's say I am mafia, and you chose to investigate me, and the jailkeeper chose to block me (either to inhibit my mafia-ness, or to protect me). That would stop your power from working, but it wouldn't prove I was innocent--and in this case, I would not have been.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 21, 2012, 11:30:21 am »

Robz, please unvote and give me ten minutes.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 21, 2012, 11:31:57 am »

Okay, UNVOTE

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 21, 2012, 11:32:23 am »

Take your time. I won't re-vote you for now.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 21, 2012, 11:33:05 am »

Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26  All

Page created in 2.042 seconds with 19 queries.