Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26  All

Author Topic: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, night 3  (Read 80361 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, Day 1 underway.
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »

Now that's the kind of comments we're looking for, O.  It's true that the bandwagon was looking full. What? Theory, Robz, me, Ozle, (TINAS, FTL and Davio have expressed suspicion to some extent).  The only one that didn't really say anything about suspecting TINAS is you and goober.  I'm not sure we can get a lot out of that, although I think it wouldn't be too wild to guess that there's a mafia or two in Theory, Robz, me, or Ozle. 

As I type this goober also has posted that he sees something funny in TINAS's actions, but brings up a very valid point of TINAS being a little defensive and willful in the forum as a whole.  With one post goober has really done well in encapsulating the current dynamic of the voting. 

Unvote

I think the top of my list is TINAS, Ozle, Theory at the moment (TINAS for feeling mafiaish and Ozle/Theory for the terse, quick one/two vote).  If TINAS is mafia O would be my top choice.

Also:
Vote: yuma  :P
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2012, 08:13:53 pm »

I'm lost now and don't know who to vote for anymore :( besides the TINAS bandwagon.

I'll take a break from this thread for a bit.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2012, 08:16:49 pm »

At the risk of sounding in cahoots, I agree with everything Axxle just said.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2012, 08:21:57 pm »

Please do not post in this thread if you are not a living player in the game.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2012, 10:29:32 pm »

SELECT * FROM Mafia

... No? darn!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2012, 10:35:27 pm »

SELECT * FROM Mafia

... No? darn!

What? I don't get it.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39:12 pm »

What? I don't get it.
Sorry, probably not the right forum for the joke.  It's from the SQL programming language.  I just reread an old XKCD comic where he made a similar joke.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2012, 01:57:32 am »

Come on! English major over here, man.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2012, 01:58:47 am »

So, not too much activity right now. That's a bummer, because I like to post stuff late at night. But I don't really have any new thoughts, I guess. When is our lynch deadline?

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2012, 02:02:32 am »

Not for a while, but not much point delaying if nothing is being said, anyway. TINAS, Ozle, O are all suspicious to me for the reasons having been said before. I should put in my final vote, but I can't bring myself to decide. Maybe a bit later tonight.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2012, 02:15:50 am »

What? I don't get it.
Sorry, probably not the right forum for the joke.  It's from the SQL programming language.  I just reread an old XKCD comic where he made a similar joke.
Ah, Little Bobby Tables.

I don't have much to go on, but at this point I would like to vote Theory, just to move things along.
Maybe he likes to be the sacrificial lamb himself?

We can keep discussing and unvoting, but at some point a decision needs to be made.
Now it may seem a little suspicious that I'm suddenly so hasty, but that's just because I don't want to stay in purgatory forever.

Time to roll the die and see what comes up. Knowing I'm no Mafia, I still have about 25% to pick the right one. :p

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2012, 02:26:36 am »

Okay, I would like to continue on, too. And I understand a lot of the motivation for suspecting theory. I suspect him, too.

Still, I would have to say that TINAS is the more suspicious character, for all those reason I've brought up before. What was weird about theory was his brief interjections and jumping on the bandwagon. But TINAS did a couple strange things if you ask me: his initial posts, his post-accusation posts, and of course, his blunder.

I have asked TINAS to defend himself, and invite theory to do the same. Once I hear from each of them, I am ready to make my decision.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2012, 02:35:12 am »

Axle, Theory and FTL are the three most suspect to me, at the end of today. I used complex psychological analysis in this.. or just random tells and hunches

Unsuspicious to me is Robz88.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2012, 04:03:17 am »

I didn't realise I was bandwagon jumping, I had clearly posted I was suspicious of TINA'S waaay before I actually voted.

Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2012, 04:09:29 am »

So I guess I am slightly suspicious of theory and even more so of ozle, as his vote made immediately after theory's seemed like a serious attempt to move towards a lynch rather than just applying pressure, and the logic behind it seems strange. If you don't buy his vanilla townie roleclaim, and think it is evidence that he is mafia, then why end by saying "a non-powered townie is better than a power townie". If you think he's lying, then you have no reason to think he's a vanilla townie, so this makes no sense. Granted you'd still want to lynch him, but this last little argument is invalid.
[/quote]

If I was sure he wasn't a mafia then I wouldn't vote for him, but out of all the people here I think he is most likely. And if I am wrong then at least we know we are not killing a power townie if we're wrong.

For example, if we go for you, you could be mafia, townie Or power townie. At this stage of the game that's good enough for me to go on cOupled with my earlier suspicions.

At this point the only ones Im not that suspicious of are Goober and Davio

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2012, 04:11:53 am »

As I have already stated, I haven't acted strange at all. This is the way I am. Nobody has any information at the begining of a mafia game and random accusations fly. That's how it goes. And I like to joke around and have a bit of fun. You'll get it after a few games with me, and I completely understand if you don't get it now and want to lynch me for it. Go ahead, it's cool. But in the past, I've done some crazy stuff. I mean, I've claimed to be mafia with the first post of a game, survived the whole game because nobody believed me, and ended up winning... as mafia. When I had much more time on my hands than I do now, I invented the tactic of stalking the "currently online" list (as a mafia member) in the night phase, watching for people sending PMs. Great way to catch power roles right there. Hell, I've even stolen someone's identity on IRC and messaged other people about "who we should kill tonight", framing them to be lynched immeditaely. And I wasn't even mafia. I did it for laughs and man... it was hilarious.

But yeah, until you understand the way I play I might seem suspicious to you. I understand and as I've said, I'm more than happy to be lynched. It doesn't feel like a loss if I haven't had a chance to play. I've made a number of posts in this thread and I stand by everything I've said. If there's something that doesn't make sense to you then maybe I wasn't clear... or maybe you just don't understand... or maybe it's a combination of the two and hey, maybe there's a reason people post slightly cryptically in a game of mafia. It's a game of hidden information. You can try to put information out there to help your team mates but you can't be too open with it, there are bad guys out there too who have just as much access to that information. Not saying I've said anything purposefully cryptic in this game, but I'm just going to throw that out there for something for you guys to consider for the rest of this game and for future games.

And to answer to question of who I suspect... No idea. As I say, at this point in the game we have no information. We can read into things all we want but at the end of the day it's still going to be a pseudo random vote anyway. There's not really going to be anything out there to read anything real into, because nobody's stupid enough to give away their role before the game's even started. Having said that, we should totally lynch Theory for being an admin or Ozle for being so quick to jump on the bandwagon. Also they both voted for me. Total mafia tell.

And now that we've heard from Goober I am more than happy to unvote. That guy's pretty much cleared himself.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2012, 04:20:34 am »

A somewhat unrelated question: Which timezones are you all in? I'm on Central European Time, which is UTC+2 with DST (GMT+1).
If someone doesn't post for a couple of hours, it may well be because he's asleep!  :o

When I wake up, there are always like two new pages! :D

BTW: Thisisnotasmile, if you're NOT mafia, you're probably number #1 on their hit list with your "I've played Mafia a gazillion times and know all the ins and outs" attitude. That being said, if you do survive this lynching round AND the night round, you're definitely Mafia. :P

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2012, 04:22:07 am »

BST here. At work currently, but can sneak a few looks in during office hours.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2012, 04:26:43 am »

Vote: Thisisnotasmile

If that's the way you are, I don't think I like you.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2012, 04:31:15 am »

BST (GMT+1) for me.

And I am well aware that I COULD be top of a mafia hitlist. But hey, not really my fault that I was forced into giving away so much information. But then again, maybe I'm not a mafia target because maybe the mafia think they can get away with letting me live and convincing you lot to lynch me. Afterall, if I survive day and night, I'm 100% mafia right? So I'm going to be lynched then anyway. So why do mafia need to waste their night kill on me?

Who knows? Maybe they hadn't throught about the situation I just explained, Maybe they were thinking of killing me and now they're going to let me live because I've just helped them to understand that that's a damn good thing to do. Maybe they're not. This is mafia. People don't always do the most obvious thing, because man, that's pretty obvious and gives away information. If you do something different, that people weren't expecting, they'll think about it. And they won't understand it. And they'll be confused and do the wrong thing. Maybe you can even get the other side to help your side by confusing them enough. Maybe not. Who knows. Let's see.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2012, 04:35:35 am »

BTW: Thisisnotasmile, if you're NOT mafia, you're probably number #1 on their hit list with your "I've played Mafia a gazillion times and know all the ins and outs" attitude. That being said, if you do survive this lynching round AND the night round, you're definitely Mafia. :P

Nah, if he isn't Mafia, they might as well keep him alive to draw suspicion.

Besides, if THIS is how he plays:

Hell, I've even stolen someone's identity on IRC and messaged other people about "who we should kill tonight", framing them to be lynched immeditaely. And I wasn't even mafia. I did it for laughs and man... it was hilarious.

then he might as well be a mafia even if his role is officially townie.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2012, 04:40:54 am »

Note that the time I did that it was with a community of people who had all known each other online for 7 or 8 years, and I did so during the "no information at all" phase. It got people talking and got the game on the roll. And I had a laugh.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2012, 04:45:04 am »

Soo during the no information phase you made up fake information and fed it to your own teammates to make them lose and then you had a laugh.

And you're somehow posting this as a reason NOT to lynch you?

Got it.

At this point, you're either a mafia trying to desperately appear non-mafia by being confusing, or you're a townie deliberately sabotaging your own team by trying to get yourself lynched, because you really want to root for mafia but can't justify it while still alive...

Reiterating: Vote: Thisisnotasmile

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2012, 04:47:32 am »

Not at all.

I repeat "I've made a number of posts in this thread and I stand by everything I've said. If there's something that doesn't make sense to you then maybe I wasn't clear... or maybe you just don't understand... or maybe it's a combination of the two and hey, maybe there's a reason people post slightly cryptically in a game of mafia. It's a game of hidden information. You can try to put information out there to help your team mates but you can't be too open with it, there are bad guys out there too who have just as much access to that information. Not saying I've said anything purposefully cryptic in this game, but I'm just going to throw that out there for something for you guys to consider for the rest of this game and for future games."

Please go ahead and lynch me. It's cool. It's your own problem though. Afterall, I'll be dead.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2012, 04:53:57 am »

And for the record, I don't think I'm a "pro" at mafia. Yes, I've played before, lots. But that's all. I don't play the same way as most, and that's cool. I don't claim that my way is the best way to play. Or the right way to play. OR anything like that. But there's no way I'm going to change who I am for a game on a forum. I'm giving hese examples of my past play to inform you guys. To help you to help yourselves when I'm involved. If you want to lynch me because of who I am, go for it. I'm still not going to change and I'm sill going to sign up for the next game. But if you just ignore my offerings to help you understand the things that I do, then you've only got yourselves to blame if and when your retalliations go horribly wrong (which may or may not be in this game. There will be many more I am sure).

Now, I'm off to work. I look forward to catching up when I get back. Should be interesting, I am sure.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.