Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Individual Kingdoms  (Read 1473 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Individual Kingdoms
« on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:53 pm »

How would the game change if each player played with a separate Kingdom (i.e. different 10 cards each)?  Is there a way to make this balanced?  Maybe through a veto mode?

Even funkier: each player drafts their own kingdom.  You can set up your strategy, but as it is revealed your opponent can draft counters.  For this, I'd say that a player can draft something that the other has already drafted; that card would be played like in a normal game (this would be more difficult to work out with more than 2 players).

How ridiculous is the game now?

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Kingdoms
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 11:53:15 pm »

Turn 1: Draft Goons. Game over.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 04:16:56 am »

Turn 1: Draft Goons. Game over.

But my balancing suggestion accounts for it -- the other player(s) can also draft Goons so it becomes a shared kingdom card. :D

play2draw

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 09:32:40 am »
+1

Inevitably someone would try to draft power-cards like King's Court, Grand Market, Goons, Tournament, Wharf, Witch, or City. It would seem to me that the opponent would likely have to also counter-draft these power-cards, and that this style of game would result in less variety instead of more.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 08:10:08 pm »

Maybe something like in Nightfall where you have own personal supply and a share supply. Lets say everyone has 2 personal decks and 8 are shared. There should be some drafting process, probably something like this:
You get X cards to chose from. You first chose card(s) for general supply, then pass the deck to the left, where you again chose something for general supply. When your starting hand gets back, you chose for your own personal supply. (or something along those lines, maybe chose some personals earlier).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.