Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Someone do the maths for me?

(1/3) > >>

Ozle:

When isa it quicker to use University to gain cards rather than going for the silvers instead and buying them direct?

For example:
Fairly straight forward that it will be quicker to one $5 card by going Silver/silver over potion/silver
But what about two?
Or 3? (maybe 2 $5 and a Village to play them?)

Galzria:
To be fair, doesn't that vary QUITE vastly on the 5 coin cards that you're purchasing? Terminal draw 5's (Say Embassy or or Margrave) would probably be better for Silver/Silver - So that there is no worry about drawing your University dead (And in Margrave's case, provide a +Buy to boot).

So I'm not really sure quite where to go with this one.

Ozle:
Im assuming terminal 5's. But happy with broad examples!

Its just when there is a university on the board I can never decide if it will work or not. For example, just played a game and decided to go with Conspirator engine with Bazaars and a few others and I realised after a few turns that the Uni would have been better, but wanted to make sure I got enough Cons.

Thisisnotasmile:
Well in very general terms, if you want a couple of big actions and then green, take the Silvers. If you want to spam a deck full of actions for a mega turn or some other reason, get the Universities.

DG:
This is just the old question about card gaining. Hasn't changed since the workshop. Can you make use of two cheaper cards or do you want to buy golds? To really make the card gainers worth while you need to use a number of them in a turn or get big spending plus the card gains.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version