Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 26845 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #2450 on: August 25, 2024, 10:50:53 am »

It was Swowl or me. He was town to everyone, except for a minute yesterday maybe you. Can’t risk a bomb and obvi he’s not killing his buddy, so there’s not a lot left.

I think killing me makes more sense, honestly, but Jimmm just plans on making it a 1v1 and getting you and some else to act on your tunnel from yesterday. He knows you wanted to exile me, so he has a pretty good shot at that. You were 100% correct that Swowl and I were a team. It’s just the green team.

It’s two more days of mis-exile-and-lose so scum just has to keep us eating our own and they win.

Wht not me?

You could be his buddy :( I know that I’m not
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: August 25, 2024, 10:55:12 am »

Right now I'm thinking Didds and Jimmmmm are bussing each other.

I’m not sure I see the logic here. If we were baddies together wouldn’t we have tried to set up Scola? Go for the win?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: August 25, 2024, 11:25:08 am »

Alright, faust, if you don’t believe me then we lose. So, can we figure out how to get on the same page.

Here is something to think about. This is Jimmmm’s set of conclusions on the morning of the deadline. It is fully noncommittal.

Alright. I've spent enough time today moving names and roles around my spreadsheet. I think Swowl is probably Town, and I think EFHW is more likely to be Town than faust. That leaves me with three scum in faust, scola, Didds and Cuzz.

I think scola is probably scum due to his claim and how it came out.
I think Didds is probably scum due to her narrative around Robz and Awaclus not adding up. I think it was convenient to despair about her reads as a way to emphasise her Diddsiness and try to put herself in a Towncore, and I just don't buy the reasons for the despair.
But I'm not sure in this case that "both probably" equates to "probably both". I think the question is, when scola raised the contradiction, could it have been guaranteed that Didds wouldn't also be contradicted? Maybe they were okay with both contradicting me, but that seems super risky if it doesn't come off. I think it works if they have a Rolecop, but not if they don't. And given that I'd have faust as the third here, how powerful can scum be when Town only has a Watcher, a Doctor and a Bomb?

I still think if scola is scum then faust is probably scum with him. faust was there for him when no one else was, and he knew he had the pull for it. At this point faust is probably scum even if scola is Town.

Then there's Cuzz, who has lurked most of the game and seemed more interesting in obscuring my question about his Awaclus read than answering it.

I think faust is the way to go here. I think if scola and Didds are both scum then the third is faust, and if not then it's both faust and Cuzz.

Then he says that he’ll be there for deadline and there are a few more messages of back and forth with you and I about how scum would know what everyone’s role was that ended with out any real reasons for that claim.  If you compare this with my consistent advocacy for Cuzz, there is a distinct difference.

Further, by not committing himself to anyone before he signed off for his night, he effectively hamstrung town IF he was town because it would have been impossible to get an exile without him assuming the scum had lined up together (which didn’t happened, someone is bussing). So, not town helpful. If he’s scum, it gives him maximum flexibility. He’s not caught out voting for town. I find the fact that he says he will be around for the deadline disingenuous because it has been well established that the deadline is in the middle of the night for you, so the deadline is functionally irrelevant. Your vote, and what would follow from it, was always going to happen earlier than that. If you had voted for town, only one person would have to be wrong for Cuzz and buddy to end it, or they could have sat there with your vote plus two scum (maybe what was happening with the EFHW vote and the Cuzz follow) until Jimmm woke up. He gets that flexibility with no exposure and can link back to this post to justify any vote except for EFHW to say “see, I was thinking that” without having ever actually having to defend it.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 25, 2024, 11:27:56 am »

Jimmmm, friend, I need to stop engaging with you. I think it’s pointless and it’s bringing it out a meanness as a result of frustration that I don’t want to feel or exhibit. I’m getting my feelings hurt, which I know is me and my stupid feelings and never anyone’s intention and feel myself lashing out. I hope you understand.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: August 25, 2024, 11:38:04 am »

@faust You said 2 scum in {scola/Didds/Jimmmmm}, but then you have me as the 2nd scum.
Well you should read on at "On the other hand".

oh, I see. I disagreed with that premise. I think it's possible scum didn't think that completely through (about preventing an IC).

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: August 25, 2024, 11:38:51 am »

You really think they would claim Watcher/Tracker? And now bus each other instead of providing matching results to frame someone else?
Stranger things have happened, though I can't think of any offhand.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: August 25, 2024, 11:39:45 am »

I’m not sure I see the logic here. If we were baddies together wouldn’t we have tried to set up Scola? Go for the win?
Too obvious?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: August 25, 2024, 11:42:22 am »

Okay, now caught up, and this is where I'm at concerning claims.

-Snip-

Didds is scummy. Her claimed target is inconsistent with the way she claimed to have played before, is based on very questionable reasoning ("Jimmmmm is scum because he was asleep when we consolidated"), and is just the line scum would take here, setting up the 1v1.

So purely on claims I would argue that Didds is scum and then a partner is most likely one of scola/EFHW with slight preference to scola. But I'll have to do some rereading to see whether that works out with the way they played.

I hope you can rethink this. I don’t think it’s scummy. Here is my mind…when we started I wasn’t sure how to best use the ability. When I found out Swowl hadn’t done anything, that was helpful. Good chance he’s town. Joth was getting heat on D2, but I thought he was town, so I tracked him. He didn’t do anything so he moved into my green zone, too. Same thing happened on D3. People started throwing your name around, but I found you towny. You didn’t do anything so I kept you in my green zone.

Then came the claims! A number of folks castigated the way I had used the role which isn’t very nice, but that’s the game and how I play it. Anyway, then I’m feeling more pressure to get it right. Plus, with the claims I feel like I can actually use my role to help us instead of just building a towncore. What changed from my previous strategy was the information and the less people left. I didn’t think it would be useful to track either of the claimed bombs and because Jimmm hadn’t voted for Cuzz, he was my choice. This is completely consistent with how I was thinking and trying to help.

And it is not for nothing that I am SUPER uncomfortable in a situation where I have to prove that I am telling the truth and someone else is lying. I would never, ever seek to create a situation where I would have to do this. If I was scumbuddies with Cuzz, he could have claimed Tracker and I could be the VT. I think you know this about me but if you think through how this would have played out in a chat, you’ll see that this is not ever the play I’d make. I am only in this situation because of my role and I would LOVE not having to be. I really dislike it when people don’t trust me and I take hard (my issue, no one else’s) so I avoid this however possible.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: August 25, 2024, 11:45:09 am »

Too obvious?

I don’t know…scola has had a lot of heat. It wouldn’t have been inconceivable that Jimmmm and I had both chosen him. It would have been much cleaner. Believe the two of us or believe Scola?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: August 25, 2024, 11:47:32 am »

Classes start tomorrow so I’ll be in and out today, but driving/teaching/driving tomorrow and not have more extended time until after 4ish FT so expect that it will be brief between now and then. Happy Sunday y’all!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: August 25, 2024, 02:15:26 pm »

@faust You said 2 scum in {scola/Didds/Jimmmmm}, but then you have me as the 2nd scum.
Well you should read on at "On the other hand".

oh, I see. I disagreed with that premise. I think it's possible scum didn't think that completely through (about preventing an IC).
I think that's possible. But there's also the wagon analysis. Though looking back at the VCA now, scola was on your D1 wagon and Didds on your D3 wagon, so if that's the team then it would make sense that more scum didn't vote for you.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: August 25, 2024, 02:30:37 pm »

Alright, faust, if you don’t believe me then we lose. So, can we figure out how to get on the same page.
Let's see.

Then he says that he’ll be there for deadline and there are a few more messages of back and forth with you and I about how scum would know what everyone’s role was that ended with out any real reasons for that claim.  If you compare this with my consistent advocacy for Cuzz, there is a distinct difference.
From what you posted before you had not been pushing for Cuzz prior to the post you quoted by Jimmmmm, so at the time you were just as uncommittal as him.

Further, by not committing himself to anyone before he signed off for his night, he effectively hamstrung town IF he was town because it would have been impossible to get an exile without him assuming the scum had lined up together (which didn’t happened, someone is bussing). So, not town helpful.
I don't understand. If he voted for someone before signing off and he was wrong, then scum have all night to finish the quickhammer. He said he'd be back, so town could still get an exile through.

I find the fact that he says he will be around for the deadline disingenuous because it has been well established that the deadline is in the middle of the night for you, so the deadline is functionally irrelevant.
I don't understand this, could you please clarify what is disingenuous here?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: August 25, 2024, 02:32:53 pm »

And it is not for nothing that I am SUPER uncomfortable in a situation where I have to prove that I am telling the truth and someone else is lying. I would never, ever seek to create a situation where I would have to do this. If I was scumbuddies with Cuzz, he could have claimed Tracker and I could be the VT. I think you know this about me but if you think through how this would have played out in a chat, you’ll see that this is not ever the play I’d make. I am only in this situation because of my role and I would LOVE not having to be. I really dislike it when people don’t trust me and I take hard (my issue, no one else’s) so I avoid this however possible.
I also don't really get this. Cuzz was exiled yesterday in part because he was a VT. Why do you think people would have trusted you more had you claimed VT?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: August 25, 2024, 02:33:25 pm »

*because he claimed VT. Obviously he was not a VT.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: August 25, 2024, 04:03:39 pm »

I also don't really get this. Cuzz was exiled yesterday in part because he was a VT. Why do you think people would have trusted you more had you claimed VT?

I don’t know about trust. I’m saying that if I was scum I’d never be the one to make a fake claim that could even potentially put me in a 1v1 with anyone.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: August 25, 2024, 04:04:26 pm »

Posted too soon.

If I was scum I’d want to be the one exiled first

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: August 25, 2024, 04:04:58 pm »

I’ll have to answer the longer post later.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: August 25, 2024, 04:22:03 pm »

Let's see.

From what you posted before you had not been pushing for Cuzz prior to the post you quoted by Jimmmmm, so at the time you were just as uncommittal as him.

Further, by not committing himself to anyone before he signed off for his night, he effectively hamstrung town IF he was town because it would have been impossible to get an exile without him assuming the scum had lined up together (which didn’t happened, someone is bussing). So, not town helpful.
I don't understand. If he voted for someone before signing off and he was wrong, then scum have all night to finish the quickhammer. He said he'd be back, so town could still get an exile through.

I find the fact that he says he will be around for the deadline disingenuous because it has been well established that the deadline is in the middle of the night for you, so the deadline is functionally irrelevant.
I don't understand this, could you please clarify what is disingenuous here?

Go back and look at my post! My first post saying to consolidate on Cuzz was on August 19. That’s two days before. I start trying to rally folks more vigorously on deadline day, but the first time I have him on my short list is on the 16th. I am not being noncommittal.

I’m not saying he had to vote for someone before he went to bed although you had already voted for EFHW at least once, I don’t remember the timing of the second one. I’m saying that he gave zero indication of where he would vote so that he was free from any sort of commitment later.

By disingenuous I mean that it was very likely going to be irrelevant because you would have needed to vote long before then. The only scenario I see where he’d have a vote that mattered is if someone else decided to wait on him.

I don’t really know what to do here or what you need from me. I 100% know it’s game over if you vote for me, and that we will have another day if we exile Jimmmm. Jimmmhadnt had a position on anyone with any strength of conviction the whole game so there is nothing to point to. His targeting he foes not make as much sense as me targeting him. Knowing what you know about how much of disaster I am with fake claims do you really think that now, after a couple of year hiatus, I’ve decided I’m ready to throw down? How is that in keeping with your sense of Didds at all?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: August 25, 2024, 04:34:17 pm »

Sorry Didds, but I really think that
I think faust is the way to go here.
is significantly more committal than
I tend to think that cuzz is the common denominator in many exile pools.
and honestly it doesn't reflect well on you that you're trying to argue otherwise.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: August 25, 2024, 04:37:23 pm »

I don’t know about trust. I’m saying that if I was scum I’d never be the one to make a fake claim that could even potentially put me in a 1v1 with anyone.
I'm not convinced that a VT claim is necessarily less likely to put you in a 1v1 than a PR claim.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: August 25, 2024, 04:42:31 pm »

Alright, we lose, then. Let’s get it over with.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: August 25, 2024, 07:50:46 pm »

it has been well established that the deadline is in the middle of the night for you

This is just not true, and from someone who's known for remembering these kinds of details about people. The deadline is 10am for me, and I've been around in time for every one.
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: August 25, 2024, 07:57:58 pm »

I don’t know…scola has had a lot of heat. It wouldn’t have been inconceivable that Jimmmm and I had both chosen him. It would have been much cleaner. Believe the two of us or believe Scola?

This does work because as you've also said, the Cuzz flip implicates one of us.
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: August 25, 2024, 07:58:40 pm »

This doesn't work because as you've also said, the Cuzz flip implicates one of us.

FTFM

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: August 25, 2024, 08:14:07 pm »

And it is not for nothing that I am SUPER uncomfortable in a situation where I have to prove that I am telling the truth and someone else is lying. I would never, ever seek to create a situation where I would have to do this.

Why would you try to Track scum then? The entire point of doing that is to create this situation. Why not try to confirm scola as Town instead?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.