Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 27111 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #2025 on: August 20, 2024, 02:19:43 am »

At this point I'm ready to vote, but I don't want to vote just before going to sleep, just in case.

Let me know if you have good reasons for holding off.

I feel like that is just you saying you wanna vote efoo?

Did you read my argument on why you and efoo should be removed from todays pool?
Probably at some point, but it didn't stick with me. I can see how from a town's perspective exiling among EFHW/me isn't the best bet though.

1-2 bombs faust/EFANG
1-2 Skum in claimed PRs

Let's exile Cuzz and deal with the rest later.

That is an extreme tldr;

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: August 20, 2024, 02:22:34 am »

faust - What do you make of the fact that you and I are both still alive and obviously skum had no hits for pr hunting?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: August 20, 2024, 02:23:03 am »

7 alive. Obviously 3 scum, 4 Town. joth also in the picture overnight.

Maybe scum have some sort of investigative role. Maybe it's a modified Rolecop so Bombs appear as VTs. 2 Nights had happened, and maybe the 2 investigated Townies are still alive so they know 2 VT/Bombs or 1 and 1 Watcher. They'll get joth's flip and a third result, but presumably only one of them will get that info. Maybe it's scola. At the start of the Day, 2 of them have a result on 2 of the 4 Townies, and 1 on 3 of the 4.

The idea is that there are relatively few non-Bomb PRs, and scum knows this but Town doesn't. The plan is to create a 1v1, with either scola or Didds on one side. Either they know my role, or they know it's some kind of tracking role since they have a Ninja. If they win the 1v1, they win the game. Otherwise, Town will assume that they caught the one scum among the claimed active roles, and look among the claimed VTs and Bombs for the remaining.

scola as expected is first in the claim order. He opens his net by naming 3 active roles and saying he used them every Night. He wants to be able to contradict me, but doesn't know if there'll be a contradiction between Didds and me. scola is pushed for more claiming. Maybe this was expected, but he can't fullclaim, so he lists my name among the people he targeted, knowing there'll be some way to contradict my claim.

Didds claims Tracker, maybe unsure whether I'm a Tracker or Watcher. Her results are safe from being contradicted by anyone else since she knows Swowl and faust (if Town) don't have active roles.

When I make my claim, nothing about it contradicts Didds', so scola completes the plan by contradicting my claim. From there they intend that either I'll be exiled or it will be assumed that Didds and I are both legit.

Alright, I can' complain... I asked for the hat.

so you are saying they have a role cop. The role cop guesses were really bad (except they don't know that because Bombs show up as VT also)... so they avoided VT results... kept shooting outside of that.

I mean again, I asked for it so whatever... but you don't see how a Skum Role Cop that gets the same result for VTs as Bomb is unfair here?
That is just saying "check player A" "player A is VT" ok let's just never fucking kill player A - we know they are not a PR and there is a chance they are the bomb.. so...like right?

That being said I appreciate your train of thought.

I feel like you're focusing on the wrong thing here haha. Maybe it's a full Rolecop. That actually works better since it could help with PoE. I don't know what's fair and what's unfair. The point with the VT/Bomb Rolecop wasn't that that was the specific Rolecop they must have if a normal Rolecop makes no sense. It was, maybe they have a way of gathering information, and here's one example of such a way that doesn't tell them who the Bomb/s are.
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: August 20, 2024, 02:26:26 am »

Please don't pick random ass shit out and derail the convo - if you have something important I have missed, call it out - but also I have been tracking this since day 1 so I am pretty sure the info is in the pasta wagon here.
My biggest takeaway from D1 has for a long time been the fang wagon, which if scola were town is a all-town wagon.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: August 20, 2024, 02:27:22 am »

At this point I'm ready to vote, but I don't want to vote just before going to sleep, just in case.

Let me know if you have good reasons for holding off.

I feel like that is just you saying you wanna vote efoo?

Did you read my argument on why you and efoo should be removed from todays pool?
Probably at some point, but it didn't stick with me. I can see how from a town's perspective exiling among EFHW/me isn't the best bet though.

1-2 bombs faust/EFANG
1-2 Skum in claimed PRs

Let's exile Cuzz and deal with the rest later.

That is an extreme tldr;
It's a fine argument that only makes sense from a perspective that knows that you are town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: August 20, 2024, 02:27:49 am »

faust - What do you make of the fact that you and I are both still alive and obviously skum had no hits for pr hunting?
Scum killed Awaclus, no?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: August 20, 2024, 02:29:54 am »

Other than that, yeah this is the only part that worries me a little with regards to you. For me, IDK they might have a Rolecop or something and know that I'm not a good kill. They might also just have gone for non-obvious kills to dodge Doctors (until the Doc died anyways).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: August 20, 2024, 02:30:10 am »

Vote: EFHW

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: August 20, 2024, 02:34:19 am »

When EFHW claimed the only people behind them were faust and Swowl.
They lose CC as bomb to both of those players.
They were subbed in. They could of created time. They didn't.

Faust on the other hand has thought this through and knows that skum needs to CC here in order to avoid the IC. Town Faust in this situation should not be suspecting EFHW, they should be looking at outside factors under the consideration that EFHW could be town. I hate me so much but if you are set on doing this I am strongly more you than Efoo.

Vote: faust

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: August 20, 2024, 02:35:50 am »

Sorry if you've answered this, but is your argument more "There's only 1 Bomb", or "Scum would claim Bomb regardless of how many Bombs there are"?
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: August 20, 2024, 02:38:45 am »

Faust on the other hand has thought this through and knows that skum needs to CC here in order to avoid the IC. Town Faust in this situation should not be suspecting EFHW, they should be looking at outside factors under the consideration that EFHW could be town. I hate me so much but if you are set on doing this I am strongly more you than Efoo.

No, man! Of course EFHW didn't play for time. Even if she subbed in, you know she still has access to the scum chat, right? There they would have planned who should claim Bomb. It's not any harder for scum!EFHW to fakeclaim here than it is for town!EFHW to trueclaim.

You did all your VCA and didn't notice that anyone who suspects EFang ends up dead?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: August 20, 2024, 02:41:28 am »

Sorry if you've answered this, but is your argument more "There's only 1 Bomb", or "Scum would claim Bomb regardless of how many Bombs there are"?
Essentially it is: We have three pools:
Bombs: {faust, EFHW]
Non-Bomb PRs: {scola, Didds, Jimmmmm}
VTs: {Cuzz, Swowl}

I'm pretty sure there's exaclty one scum in each of those pools. I also know that I'm town.

Add to that that EFang has been extremely scummy, and most of the town players who died suspected her... yeah that seems like a very good choice.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: August 20, 2024, 02:44:22 am »

I'm pretty sure there's exaclty one scum in each of those pools.

I feel like the only way to assume this is to either assume that there's only 1 Bomb or that scum would claim Bomb.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: August 20, 2024, 02:44:58 am »

No, man! Of course EFHW didn't play for time. Even if she subbed in, you know she still has access to the scum chat, right? There they would have planned who should claim Bomb. It's not any harder for scum!EFHW to fakeclaim here than it is for town!EFHW to trueclaim.

You did all your VCA and didn't notice that anyone who suspects EFang ends up dead?

1. There is no way in this game that the idea of who to kill at night was based on reads of people. It was, of course, based on who was most likely to be a PR, and in this game... who was least likely to be the bomb. You actually wrote the book on the first part of that (nothing but thanks for it) from the first few skum games I rolled with you.

2. It has less to do with anything anyone else is doing, and more to do with what you are doing. Your actions do not make sense here. For you. Take it as the compliment it is intended as - this is not thought out enough for you.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: August 20, 2024, 02:45:15 am »

I feel like the only way to assume this is to either assume that there's only 1 Bomb or that scum would claim Bomb.

No offense bro but catch up - yes he has been very vocal about that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: August 20, 2024, 02:45:59 am »

Faust on the other hand has thought this through and knows that skum needs to CC here in order to avoid the IC.
I mean, seriously, you think any scum team wouldn't have thought this through? Didn't you yourself claim that of course scum has planned out their claims?

Why do you now insist on doing the most scummy thing ever?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 20, 2024, 02:48:26 am »

Faust on the other hand has thought this through and knows that skum needs to CC here in order to avoid the IC.
I mean, seriously, you think any scum team wouldn't have thought this through? Didn't you yourself claim that of course scum has planned out their claims?

See that is the thing... why do you man?
If you are town then you know that it is either game over if we exile between the two of you or there is a 50-50 chance from our pov.
Meanwhile, there are other avenues that have the same OR BETTER (if there are two bombs) potential results.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 20, 2024, 02:49:30 am »

Like ok, you have modded way more games than me. But I have done quite a few... and I don't want to get too far into this.. but like... how the hell do you justify not thinking pasta has slipped skum RB info vs the possibility of 2 bombs and small amount of Town PRs in a roll?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 20, 2024, 02:49:50 am »

There's also the angle of: I don't think 2/3 scum would claim VT, and I don't think 2/3 scum in the non-Bomb PRs makes sense given what they claimed.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 20, 2024, 02:53:01 am »

See that is the thing... why do you man?
If you are town then you know that it is either game over if we exile between the two of you or there is a 50-50 chance from our pov.
Meanwhile, there are other avenues that have the same OR BETTER (if there are two bombs) potential results.
I don't understand anything of what you are saying. I am 95% sure that EFHW is scum. I know that you cannot be, and I am not asking you to be. Just because I am now voting for EFHW does not mean that everyone has to be voting among EFHW/me. If oyu think we have better avenues than this, then why are you voting for me? You surely cannot be 95% sure that I am scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 20, 2024, 02:53:42 am »

Like ok, you have modded way more games than me. But I have done quite a few... and I don't want to get too far into this.. but like... how the hell do you justify not thinking pasta has slipped skum RB info vs the possibility of 2 bombs and small amount of Town PRs in a roll?
I think you have to rephrase this question because I don't understand it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: August 20, 2024, 02:56:38 am »

I mean, you have literally made the same argument for Cuzz (one that only works if we know oyu are town), and now you think I'm crazy?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: August 20, 2024, 02:56:47 am »

There's also the angle of: I don't think 2/3 scum would claim VT, and I don't think 2/3 scum in the non-Bomb PRs makes sense given what they claimed.

100% 2/3 skum did not claim VT - but whatever I get your point. Except for the fact that like... you don't think cuzz is skum here? Reallyyyy?
And yes the PR claims are annoying. But let's say there is 1 bomb... and just for giggles let's say we can't sort it out between you and EFANG today.

That means that there are 2 other skum still yeah? You can't come up with  2 skum fake claims..... BECAUSE ONE OF THEM WASN'T A FAKE CLAIM ITS FREEKING CUZZ

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: August 20, 2024, 02:58:05 am »

100% 2/3 skum did not claim VT - but whatever I get your point. Except for the fact that like... you don't think cuzz is skum here? Reallyyyy?

Cuzz is a good alternative

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 20, 2024, 03:01:36 am »

I think you have to rephrase this question because I don't understand it.

OK sorry mb.

In a game like this we would put a modifier on it yes? like - roll x amount of bombs first and then based off of that there would be an a predetermined amount of prs to role for each side. I am just saying... if there is only 1 bomb... then there is likely more town PRs... meaning the likelihood that the claimed PRs are town is lower, meaning someone would get trapped based on the first two "potentially town PR claimes".... meaning the likelihood that Cuzz is skum is higher.... or there is only 1 bomb... in which case the likelihood of town PRs is lower... meaning the claimed prs are probably town... meaning cuzz is likely skum because it is a safer claim.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.