Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 27101 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #1200 on: August 10, 2024, 12:52:54 pm »

So one thing I think could be true -

If we have an investigative role (which to me seems likely) then I would iamgine they'd have checked me at some point by now (or it's me). And would've likely been voting for me today. But no one is really pushing hard.

So I still don't see reason to claim today, as that mostly just helps scum. (I get now why Awaclus wanted to know, as doctor. I hadn't consdiered that yesterday, but it's moot now. Sorry Awaclus!)

My vote is still:

Vote: joth

Other scum reads are still fang, and either Shraeye or cuzz, but unlikely both. 50-50 on Didds.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 10, 2024, 12:55:50 pm »

So, you would only hammer if your scum trying to finish me off before someone swithces, at this point.

Unless you think the person who would switch off me is a scum partner, but then that would be good info too, no?

I did think yesterday that shraeye's intent to hammer me felt scummy.

In what way?

I think I said it at the time, no? because it felt like a bad time to hammer, especually wis plurality exile.
I think others are talking about hammering versua saying I'll hammer.

It sounds like you're talking about hammering/intent versus none of the above?

For me it's mostly the same I think. I do think scum would post intent rather than just hammer, but I don't know. I am finding reasons to doubt that you are scum. If only there was a way to know for sure.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 10, 2024, 04:28:39 pm »

I guess I've talked myself into not really seeing a scum scola narrative at all? At this point I'd probably vote faust ahead of scola.
There's OMGUS in the air I guess. You said I don't make sense as scola's partner. What reason would scum!me have to help out town!scola?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 10, 2024, 04:30:27 pm »

I challenge everyone who like to share their reads to post their opininion on Jimmmmm.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 10, 2024, 04:31:35 pm »

That guy has literally not been voted for the entire game (except in RVS), and yet I do not recall a single person townreading him.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 10, 2024, 07:02:54 pm »

I guess I've talked myself into not really seeing a scum scola narrative at all? At this point I'd probably vote faust ahead of scola.
There's OMGUS in the air I guess. You said I don't make sense as scola's partner. What reason would scum!me have to help out town!scola?

Did you just scan my post for opinions about you? The point was, I don't see a scenario of scola scum, you Town. If I was to conclude that scola was scum, but only if you are, then it makes sense to exile you first.

Are you saying if you were scum and scola Town, you 100% would have let scola be exiled?
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 10, 2024, 07:13:59 pm »

So, you would only hammer if your scum trying to finish me off before someone swithces, at this point.

Unless you think the person who would switch off me is a scum partner, but then that would be good info too, no?

I did think yesterday that shraeye's intent to hammer me felt scummy.

In what way?

I think I said it at the time, no? because it felt like a bad time to hammer, especually wis plurality exile.

It was what? 5 hours before deadline? What would be a good time to hammer? Would you feel like it was scummy if it was about someone you wanted to exile (or at least hear a claim from)? Does that fact that faust switched his vote 3 minutes later suggest to you that there was some utility in expressing intent?
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 10, 2024, 07:29:24 pm »

Did your re-read change your stance on fang? Was there a point in time when you realised you were giving fang undue Town points?

I tried to think about the game in terms of momentum. Who is driving us forward and where we stall out, and I don’t see him in the forward category. I was fairly neutral on him before, but when I read over the weekend, I realized there was no momentum in his posts

I read your play as being against exiling fang on Day 1 and open to it on Day 2 (ie earlier than this weekend).

I’d prefer to no exile today and hopefully have some folks get some more info without risking losing any other townies. If we are going to exile, and assuming that) we are still taking Scola off the table (not sure we should) I’m most likely to vote for Shraeye or fang. Huge question marks around Cuzz and Awa. I’m forgetting one person, oh, it’s Jimmmmm. I have no idea how to read that cat. He goes in the question mark category.

If we are going to vote for Scola, and I am not opposed, I think he needs to claim for real. Can the “keep your trapper shut” people explain to me if that is not true?

If I am moving my vote from no exile, that is where I am going, which seems very likely right now. Fang is the alternative.

Would you describe your attitude to fang expressed here as fairly neutral?

Wait, which weekend are we talking about?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 10, 2024, 08:13:10 pm »

Vote Count 3.2

infangthief (3): joth, Didds, shraeye
Jimmmmm (1): faust
Didds (1): infangthief
shraeye (1): Swowl
Cuzz (1): Jimmmmm
joth (1): scolapasta

Not Voting (1): Cuzz

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to exile. Day 3 ends August 12, 2024, 08:00:00 pm
« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 08:25:49 pm by MiX »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 10, 2024, 10:01:53 pm »

That huh what

I thought you were now thinking scola was most likely town
Well he's more likely town than fang. And since I don't think they're scum together, that puts his odds of being scum below 50%.

This is very similar to the conclusion I can up with on my reread. I don’t think they are working together. There is some chance that Scola is town regardless of how scummy I find him, and thus a better chance of fang being a baddie regardless of how towny I find him.

Have you found fang Towny?

I always think anyone posting a lot is towny, so I don’t use that as my measure.

Oh, you mean, you don't use finding someone Towny as your measure for them being Town?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 10, 2024, 10:16:51 pm »

What was it that Awaclus said that made enough sense to overcome your 1000% read? Was it just the call to scumhunt, or particular arguments he made about no exiling?

Actually, Vote: Cuzz pending an answer to this. No point asking questions if I don't follow up on the answers.

Still waiting for at least two responses from scola and one from shraeye.
I don't recall the question

Shraeye, why didn't you hammer?

after your intent post, there was some time, IIRC.

I wanted to see who would react to that, and what the reactions were.  As scum, I 100% would have just hammered and sorted it out later.

Regardless of scola's alignment?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 11, 2024, 01:57:34 am »

Did you just scan my post for opinions about you?
Sure, if you want to pique my interest, just include my name. I'm like certain ex US presidents that way.

The point was, I don't see a scenario of scola scum, you Town.
Weird because that's not what I read. Instead I read this:
I can't see scum faust risking his Towncred to twice dramatically come to the rescue of scum scola.
Seems to me like the scearnio you don't see is the one where both me and scola are scum.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 11, 2024, 08:30:56 am »

That huh what

Well he's more likely town than fang. And since I don't think they're scum together, that puts his odds of being scum below 50%.

This is very similar to the conclusion I can up with on my reread. I don’t think they are working together. There is some chance that Scola is town regardless of how scummy I find him, and thus a better chance of fang being a baddie regardless of how towny I find him.

Have you found fang Towny?

I always think anyone posting a lot is towny, so I don’t use that as my measure.

Oh, you mean, you don't use finding someone Towny as your measure for them being Town?

Yes, that!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 11, 2024, 01:09:52 pm »

Sorry, been VLA the last day and a half, unannounced. An impromptu family hike. Should be around to catch up in a few hours time.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 11, 2024, 03:31:53 pm »

In the last 24 hours, 4 people posted  :'(

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: August 11, 2024, 03:56:39 pm »

Yes, the weekend days being the main part of our day are killing us.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 11, 2024, 03:58:23 pm »

Yes, the weekend days being the main part of our day are killing us.
Though to be fair, if the Night phase happened during the weekend instead, it would also be killing us.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 11, 2024, 03:58:51 pm »

While you're here, want to share you opinions on Jimmmmm?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 11, 2024, 04:42:55 pm »

I’m reading a lot but I’m currently happy with the vote count as is so my motivation to change things is low. Faust, I’m like a little confused about why youve suddenly decided Jim’s lurking is more important than all the concrete wagon analysis stuff we were doing at start of day
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 11, 2024, 05:09:47 pm »

While you're here, want to share you opinions on Jimmmmm?

I don't see him providing any forward momentum. I have no reason not to vote for him, really, if the collective wisdom is that fang is a bad choice. But fang has more traction right now, if I recall correctly

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 11, 2024, 05:13:34 pm »

I’m reading a lot but I’m currently happy with the vote count as is so my motivation to change things is low. Faust, I’m like a little confused about why youve suddenly decided Jim’s lurking is more important than all the concrete wagon analysis stuff we were doing at start of day
Because Jimmmm is doing everything he can to avoid appearing in any wagon analysis.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 11, 2024, 05:14:58 pm »

Also, he's not lurking, he's the third most active player. He's just flooding the thread with stuff that doesn't go anywhere.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 11, 2024, 05:20:05 pm »

The guy is currently, with little more than 24 hours to the deadline, voting Cuzz for pressure because he didn't answer a question.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 11, 2024, 05:35:28 pm »

And what makes all that scummy rather than simply bad? Jimmmm seems like a perfectly cromulent day 1 exile but it is currently day 3.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 11, 2024, 05:43:21 pm »

I've just realised she's been playing all of day 2 and day 3 as if she knows that scola is a real town PR.
Explain
Plz

From day 2 we have this:
I always do the two core thing. But since it’s often just me it doesn’t always work. My top town now is Swowl. You and faust are still pretty close. And I guess Scola?
What has scola done that makes you think he's town?

The claim from D1. But I’m still wary thus the question

From day 3:
That huh what

And, er, is this your reason for voting for me?

Yes, and as I said before the folks outside my towncore are more likely scum than not.

These two post sequences show Didds coming to bizarre conclusions: Just because Scola has made a non-specific claim, Didds feels she may be obliged to include him in a town core. Then, because there is "some chance" of Scola being town, she feels she has to not vote for him and then doesn't have many options left for who could possibly be scum, so decides to vote for me.

But if Didds knows that Scola is a town PR, then the conclusions make a bit more sense; she doesn't want to be found contributing to the exile of someone that she knows will flip as a town PR.

Joth will say this is big mental gymnastics, and having to type it all out and explain it does make it look that way. But the thought behind it is simple.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.