Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 27116 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #1075 on: August 08, 2024, 04:51:12 pm »

Here's the vote count before faust derailed the scola exile:

scolapasta (5): faust, Awaclus, infangthief, Cuzz, joth
No Exile (3): Didds, Jimmmmm, scolapasta
Cuzz (1): shraeye

Not Voting (1): Swowl

With Shraeye expressing intent to hammer.

So obviously shraeye looks bad there. We know Awaclus is town and faust makes no sense in this scenario, so that leaves fang, Cuzz, and yours truly as possible partners. I've been scumreading fang more or less all game.

faust, why vote for fang instead of shraeye?
I don't see how this looks bad for shraeye.

You don't?

I said, 'if scola were town, scum would have hammered.'

Then faust said 'shraeye expressed intent to hammer'

And then I said 'scum would have just hammered'

And faust said, 'no, they would have expressed intent'.

But faust is wrong, and you are right.

Well that's nice to hear.

I also would like to agree here.

While faust has a point about which players were around and which weren't... the concept that skum would not, as Shraeye said "just hammer and sort it out later", seems silly. If this was a standard RMM (to say that there is no bomb in play) then maybe its not worth it. But when you add in the potential value of skum offing a bomb... I think it would be a pretty clear choice here.

So yeah, it sounds lazy, but I do think that if pasta is skum then skum would do what they could to prevent that exile from happening, and if pasta is town they would do what they could to get the exile to happen.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 08, 2024, 05:01:01 pm »

Vote: scolapasta

I think we need to hear a claim here.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 08, 2024, 05:09:27 pm »

I have been acting under the assumption it is 9v3. With the bomb(s) in play, 10v2 just seems unfair.
That seems fair. It seems conceivable that we have some sort of Traitor though.

Is traitor not considered a third party role?
No, they have the same win condition as Mafia, so it's not a third party.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 08, 2024, 05:10:25 pm »

if faust and scola are partners this is the boldest gambit in the history of mafia
Maybe yes. But it feels like it to me.
Yesterday, before I started the scolapasta wagon, you were voting for joth. How do you feel about that now?
That I was probably wrong?
So what made you change your mind?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 08, 2024, 05:17:40 pm »

So yeah, it sounds lazy, but I do think that if pasta is skum then skum would do what they could to prevent that exile from happening, and if pasta is town they would do what they could to get the exile to happen.
So with this, let us assume scola is scum. You say scum would "do what they could" to prevent a scola exile. But the only people who never voted for scola (which is definitely the lower end of "doing what you can") are scola himself, you, Didds and Jimmmmm.

Are you thus suggesting that the scumteam is scola/Didds/Jimmmmm?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: August 08, 2024, 05:40:29 pm »

I have been acting under the assumption it is 9v3. With the bomb(s) in play, 10v2 just seems unfair.
That seems fair. It seems conceivable that we have some sort of Traitor though.

Is traitor not considered a third party role?
No, they have the same win condition as Mafia, so it's not a third party.

hmm interesting I had not yet considered this as I thought it was considered a 3p role.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 08, 2024, 05:48:31 pm »

So with this, let us assume scola is scum. You say scum would "do what they could" to prevent a scola exile. But the only people who never voted for scola (which is definitely the lower end of "doing what you can") are scola himself, you, Didds and Jimmmmm.

Are you thus suggesting that the scumteam is scola/Didds/Jimmmmm?

IFFFF pasta is skum... which is the modifier here I want to make make sure is clear... then I think their is a fairly high chance that there is skum in [didds, jim].
Of course, pasta could also not be skum. and I am not claiming it is perfect reasoning - like I am not arrogant enough to say that I think that it needs to be ALL of them.
But day 1 when pasta claimed both of those spots bounced to different wagons and then day 2 both of those spots sat NOEX all day while Scola was clearly on the slate for the day.
We have to remember to consider the fact that they know who each other are I suppose... so to say that it is exactly both of them IFFF pasta is skum, is probably a little much... but yeah I would be as bold to say that I would be looking in that pool for skum. And yes, I am aware that goes against my current reads a little bit. or a lot a bit.

Since I am evidently all about pointing out my reads are shit if pasta is skum... I also want to point out that Shraeye announcing intent and then moving to pasta after you left the wagon  - putting the wagon back at E-1 - essentially clears shraeye.

Thats a lot of ifs.. but yeah.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 08, 2024, 08:01:00 pm »

this is an interesting development.
while we wait for scola (is a prod request appropriate yet?) I'd like to discuss Didds. I found her behaviour at the end of day yesterday a bit unsettling.

I have Didds in my mind as being a pro-scola exile player. But actually, Didds only voted for scola one time: at the very beginning of day 1, barely past RVS. All day on Day 2 she made it clear that she would vote for scola while not actually moving there. Very much hiding behind the "scola should claim" thing, but doing so even after many others had decided it was worth it to vote scola anyway and scola had made it clear he wouldn't claim.

Vocally supporting a wagon but not actually joining it is a classic scum thing to do, IMO. And I think if any one is to blame for getting us to NoEx instead of scola yesterday it's Didds (also Awaclus for hammering and faust for backing off).

We need a scum flip to learn anything though. IF scola is scum than yesterday's machinations become very interesting. if scola is town, they're interesting in a different way.

Didds was pretty vocal about NOEX being the correct play in her mind yesterday - unless I am mistaken... But I think I am right.

100%
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 08, 2024, 09:05:37 pm »

Hi folks. I’m here kinda but I posted in vla thread that I’ll only be able to pop in a bit the next couple of irl days. I’ve just skimmed this day so far but I am pretty sure I’m still for exiling scola today unless I missed an earth shattering wrinkle in the posts I’ve skimmed. But seems like he needs to claim today regardless.

Also I would love it if folks on the no exile wagon would enlighten the rest of us as to what exactly we accomplished with that besides being in the exact same boat as yesterday sans doctor.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 08, 2024, 09:13:00 pm »

Hi folks. I’m here kinda but I posted in vla thread that I’ll only be able to pop in a bit the next couple of irl days. I’ve just skimmed this day so far but I am pretty sure I’m still for exiling scola today unless I missed an earth shattering wrinkle in the posts I’ve skimmed. But seems like he needs to claim today regardless.

Also I would love it if folks on the no exile wagon would enlighten the rest of us as to what exactly we accomplished with that besides being in the exact same boat as yesterday sans doctor.

We didn’t inadvertently exile a town person and our investigative roles presumably have another result. It would have admittedly been way better had we done it on Friday so the night would shift to weekends but I lost that battle. And now we are at an off number which works better for us down the line.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 08, 2024, 10:31:57 pm »

Vote: cuzz

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 08, 2024, 10:33:12 pm »

Cuzz's last post made me revote

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 09, 2024, 12:03:19 am »

vote faust

I am having a hard time seeing past faust being scum this game.

And, yeh confirmation bias and all, but each of his posts read to me as trying to manipulate stuff.

Joth says vote pasta and fos faust. Faust says wait a minute consider the case that pasta is town. Joth says oh in that case it'll be fang or shraeye, votes for me and asks faust why not shraeye. Faust now votes for shraeye, so joth happy with faust being town no further questions.

Swowl's suggestion that scola might be scum because otherwise scum would do what they could to save him. Faust moves that to saying well in that case the scum team must be the people who have never voted for scola.

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 09, 2024, 12:11:12 am »

And another thing. We had a doctor this game. I don't know much about mafia game setup, but it seems at least possible that the mafia team had some indication that could be the case, like a 1-shot-strongman or whatever it is that can override doctor.

If scum had some inkling there was a doctor / protective role out there, then proposing no-exile is a pro-scum move because (i) the odd/even argument goes out the window; and (ii) they can see who resists the no-exile plan and that person may well be the doctor.

It was vague thoughts along these lines that led me to voting faust yesterday when he proposed no exile. But I couldn't think of concrete examples then, just a vague sense that there might be some kind of info that would make no-exile beneficial to scum.

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 09, 2024, 12:12:55 am »

And faust has waited until today to bring up the possibility of there being a traitor in the setup. Doesn't traitor recruitment normally take the place of a night kill? If so then that is another thing which would invalidate the odd/even argument.

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 09, 2024, 12:15:19 am »

vote faust
vote: faust with better formatting.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 09, 2024, 12:28:54 am »

shraeye (3): Swowl, Jimmmmm, scolapasta
scolapasta (4): infangthief, Didds, faust, Robz
Robz888 (2): Awaclus, joth
infangthief (1): mcmcsalot
mcmcsalot (1): shraeye
Awaclus (1): Cuzz
Not Voting (0):

I've not dropped off yet, but going soon.

what was the bold comment in reply to here? or like why is it there? What am I missing?

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 09, 2024, 12:37:35 am »

Just to say I was still around even though it was so late UK time.

Ah, interesting, was that before scola's PR claim? I see what you're getting at!

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 09, 2024, 12:39:46 am »

Hm yes, the exact 1 post before. Oh dear it looks awful. Well-timed scolapasta.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 09, 2024, 12:41:44 am »

Ok hold on, lets back up a moment.

Define what "dropped off" means to me here.

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: August 09, 2024, 12:43:17 am »

Dropped off to sleep. It was past my bedtime.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 09, 2024, 12:45:44 am »

Dropped off to sleep. It was past my bedtime.

OK cool just wanted to make sure I wasn't guessing incorrectly - not phrase we use on our side of the "pond"

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 09, 2024, 12:47:28 am »

I was hanging around because my preference was for a Robz exile, and I was feeling fairly towny about shraeye. So I was wanting to move to Robz but didn't want to do that while the vote count stood as it did - Robz and mcmc would have moved to shraeye and cemented shraeye's exile.

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 09, 2024, 12:52:48 am »

But lol I'm on safe ground actually because faust says that if scolapasta is scum then his partners must have not voted for him all game. So that clears me nicely.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 09, 2024, 01:05:05 am »

The silence here is interesting. Neither joth nor I commenting on us both switching to scola together. I've been trying to come up with witty remarks and they all look awfully scummy!

How is 10 minutes of silence interesting? The previous gap in posts was 50. You had reason to expect joth would post again so quickly?
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.