Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 27103 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #925 on: August 05, 2024, 02:09:24 pm »

But even if I did, those inclined to think my play has been scummy, won't be convinced anyway. So all we do is give scum real useful info.

It won't be useful if we exile you. I guess you can try to present your town case without full claiming if you think you can prevent your exile that way, but you would be able to make a more convincing case if all of your choices made sense in the context of the role that you have, which we can't evaluate if we don't know what it is.

Clearly I don't think I can, I'm just not convinced that saying my role will actually prevent my exile / death anyway.

Nut let's roleplay this out a little... say I'm a bomb, how would that give any real context into how I played? Now say I have an investigative role, but didn't learn anything useful on my first night - would that be any different there?

But revealing either of those would give scum very useful info.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 05, 2024, 02:26:29 pm »

here. catching up one sec

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 05, 2024, 02:28:41 pm »

My claiming helps what exactly?
It helps us figure out whether you're town or scum.

... does it?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 05, 2024, 02:35:45 pm »

scolapasta (5): faust, Awaclus, infangthief, Cuzz, joth
joth (1): scolapasta
Cuzz (1): shraeye
No Exile (2): Didds, Jimmm
Not Voting (1): Swowl

hmmm that escalated quickly. The last minute build here actually makes me a little un easy.

PSA - it appears we are at E-1

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 05, 2024, 02:37:50 pm »

Im here too

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: August 05, 2024, 02:39:36 pm »

I don't think the quick escalation makes this any more/less convincing.  I'm looking at who's on and who's off.

I think the set on scola is much more towny than the set off. What are the Swowls thoughts?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 05, 2024, 02:46:46 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

scolapasta (5): faust, Awaclus, infangthief, Cuzz, joth
No Exile (2): Didds, Jimmmmm
joth (1): scolapasta
Cuzz (1): shraeye

Not Voting (1): Swowl

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to exile. Day 2 ends August 05, 2024, 08:00:00 pm. That is in about 5 hours.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 05, 2024, 02:48:50 pm »

But even if I did, those inclined to think my play has been scummy, won't be convinced anyway. So all we do is give scum real useful info.

It won't be useful if we exile you. I guess you can try to present your town case without full claiming if you think you can prevent your exile that way, but you would be able to make a more convincing case if all of your choices made sense in the context of the role that you have, which we can't evaluate if we don't know what it is.

Clearly I don't think I can, I'm just not convinced that saying my role will actually prevent my exile / death anyway.

Nut let's roleplay this out a little... say I'm a bomb, how would that give any real context into how I played? Now say I have an investigative role, but didn't learn anything useful on my first night - would that be any different there?

But revealing either of those would give scum very useful info.
If you don't think you can prevent your exile, then it doesn't matter if you reveal your role or not, since it will be revealed when you're exiled anyway. So why not tell us now?

I for one can say that I would find one of your example claims much more believable than the other.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #933 on: August 05, 2024, 02:51:42 pm »

I will move my vote elsewhere if your claim matches with what I expect it to, and might do so anyway even if it doesn't, depending on what it is instead.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 05, 2024, 02:55:02 pm »

I don't think the quick escalation makes this any more/less convincing.  I'm looking at who's on and who's off.

I think the set on scola is much more towny than the set off. What are the Swowls thoughts?

Still running it through my head. I think that while I agree the compilation of the individual players on the wagon I find more towny... I also think skum would really want to make sure this happens today if the opportunity presented itself (if scola is town). And if Scola is skum... I think when this started up, they would of bussed it when it gained traction knowing that pasta gets the axe tomorrow most the time.

so is scola town or skum? no effing clue. but there is skum on that wagon.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 05, 2024, 02:58:31 pm »

Vote: No Exile

Yes, this is a self preservation vote.

BUT also, we've now succeeded at a full day of info, that we can use tomorrow, which is better than if it had been a quick no exile. And it means not claiming which I would really rather not, because I maintain it's better for scum not to have that info.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 05, 2024, 02:59:57 pm »

Well, I'm ready to hammer

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 05, 2024, 03:01:01 pm »

There's enough of us here that we could get the no exile and at least shift the end of day to this time (which while still Monday, is better for Euros).

Alternatively, someone not voting for me could exile me and also get that. But I maintain that it would be bad to lose me.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 05, 2024, 03:01:12 pm »

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 05, 2024, 03:01:48 pm »

Well, I'm ready to hammer

Why?

I mean I can claim if you are definitely going to hammer and no one else wants to switch to no exile

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 05, 2024, 03:02:38 pm »

To what extent does such a stubborn refusal to claim even make sense for scum? Surely after D1 scum!pasta would have a fakeclaim ready to go...

Eh. Vote: No Exile

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 05, 2024, 03:02:51 pm »

So, you would only hammer if your scum trying to finish me off before someone swithces, at this point.

Unless you think the person who would switch off me is a scum partner, but then that would be good info too, no?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 05, 2024, 03:03:13 pm »

This is a place holder to show intention. I am not set on sticking here. I am still thinking and need to parse some shit in my head.

I have to jump on a call for about an hour. I will be back with pleantyyyy of time. Please do not end the day early before I get back.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 05, 2024, 03:03:34 pm »

To what extent does such a stubborn refusal to claim even make sense for scum? Surely after D1 scum!pasta would have a fakeclaim ready to go...

more on this later - but this and exactly this.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 05, 2024, 03:05:15 pm »

This is a place holder to show intention. I am not set on sticking here. I am still thinking and need to parse some shit in my head.

I have to jump on a call for about an hour. I will be back with pleantyyyy of time. Please do not end the day early before I get back.

Much as I'm now satisfied with no exile, you do realize that makes no exile X-1? So if this is a placeholder, it may be better somewhere else.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: August 05, 2024, 03:05:52 pm »

No guarantees

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #946 on: August 05, 2024, 03:05:59 pm »

Vote: shraeye
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #947 on: August 05, 2024, 03:08:22 pm »

I don't like how fast the No Exile wagon escalated with no resistance and nobody trying to set up alternative wagons. There's got to be scum on it.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 05, 2024, 03:08:32 pm »

I don't think town PR plays this claim / no claim game as hard as this. They know what they are, and they've made up their mind exactly what to do. I think scum who's unprepared to be under this much heat and is unsure what to do behaves exactly this way.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 05, 2024, 03:11:15 pm »

I don't like how fast the No Exile wagon escalated with no resistance and nobody trying to set up alternative wagons. There's got to be scum on it.
...so you've decided to vote for someone who is not on that wagon?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.