Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 27114 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #825 on: August 03, 2024, 06:07:39 pm »

Faust - I think I am reading you right here. I am not asking who they are, but do you have any solid SRs right now?
I have some, yes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 03, 2024, 06:08:38 pm »

Otherwise... I'll be able to post a bit more tomorrow.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 03, 2024, 06:15:51 pm »

Faust - I think I am reading you right here. I am not asking who they are, but do you have any solid SRs right now?

SR?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 03, 2024, 07:24:59 pm »

Vote: No exile
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 04, 2024, 01:57:20 am »

SR?

SR = skum read

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 04, 2024, 01:57:37 am »

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 04, 2024, 03:10:28 am »

The more and more I think about this no exile thing the more and more I am reminded that we have no idea of the roles that are in the game and we don't have any damn idea if anyone is going to be able to produce anything tomorrow vs today vs ever vs if it even matters because in this instance we are fixated on one player and its just all ahhhh.

I don't think that Joth has been skummy at all. I just read through it and it is either the craziest ATE case ever of day 1 or that spot is town. They just open themselves up to way too much. Skum is more careful than that.

It is what it is but I think that one of the reasons MCMC is dead is because of calling out t he "potentially skummy fang softclaim" to get us to fixate on that. So I am leaning off of fang.

I think noex is lazy and could be skum manufactured... but I just cannot get over faust town read. Didds on the other hand I can say I feel like is lazy and is just jumping on shit that others are putting out there this game (specifically following faust).

Cuzz seems like a lazy af vote... however I would go there if people want to but the only vote there is my top skum read.

I would vote Jim over noex.

Vote: Didds

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 04, 2024, 03:11:31 am »

I guess I should full circle this.

Pasta is off the table for me today.

Awa is lock town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 04, 2024, 04:54:13 am »

It is what it is but I think that one of the reasons MCMC is dead is because of calling out t he "potentially skummy fang softclaim" to get us to fixate on that. So I am leaning off of fang.
Can you elaborate on that? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 04, 2024, 04:56:16 am »

Jimmmmm, you haven't voted for anything or anyone all day. Care to commit to something?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 04, 2024, 06:16:06 am »

Need to do some catching up tomorrow. At this point no exile seems like the way to go.
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 04, 2024, 06:33:40 am »

The more and more I think about this no exile thing the more and more I am reminded that we have no idea of the roles that are in the game and we don't have any damn idea if anyone is going to be able to produce anything tomorrow vs today vs ever vs if it even matters because in this instance we are fixated on one player and its just all ahhhh.

I don't think that Joth has been skummy at all. I just read through it and it is either the craziest ATE case ever of day 1 or that spot is town. They just open themselves up to way too much. Skum is more careful than that.

I think noex is lazy and could be skum manufactured... but I just cannot get over faust town read. Didds on the other hand I can say I feel like is lazy and is just jumping on shit that others are putting out there this game (specifically following faust).

Cuzz seems like a lazy af vote... however I would go there if people want to but the only vote there is my top skum read.

I agree with almost all of this. joth has been townie overall, which is partly why scola's vote on joth and subsequent justification read as super scummy to me, though I hadn't quite realized how many people had definitively declared scola off the table for today as you mentioned earlier so unvote. In any event, I think scum is happy with the no exile plan, and doubly happy with the push to do so as quickly as possible without anyone doing anything of substance in the meantime.

I can understand the Didds vote but can you explain why Didds over shraeye if shraeye is your "top skum read?"

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 04, 2024, 06:41:06 am »

Vote Count 2.2

joth (3): infangthief, Awaclus, scolapasta
No Exile (3): faust, Didds, joth
Cuzz (1): shraeye
Didds (1): Swowl

Not Voting (2): Jimmmmm, Cuzz

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to exile. Day 2 ends August 05, 2024, 08:00:00 pm

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 04, 2024, 06:47:51 am »

Vote: scolapasta

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: August 04, 2024, 06:51:16 am »

There is no world in which scolapasta is off the table today and we do not no exile.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 04, 2024, 09:28:04 am »

Look at that vote count. I think we are being stubborn and we are going to exile another townie.

Swowl, I need you to rethink your vote for me. Baddies 100% want us to exile someone. Advocating for no exile is the towniest thing I can do. These random votes on folks benefit the scum chaos game and the shorter days. They don’t have to do anything at all and we just consume our town folk. No exile gives them another chance to hit the bomb without it costing us anyone else, and lets our PRs do something. It doesn’t give the baddies any unique advantage. The slim chance we get to a scum exile in the 30 hours isn’t worth the risk. I am admittedly risk-averse, but also see the beauty of a long game.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 04, 2024, 11:45:46 am »

Yes, I don't get this either.

The other thing I want to try to understand when I get time (Monday I think) is Swowl's posts about Robz/shraeye. And what mcmc's death has to do with that. I think it's about wagon analysis but Swowl if you get time before I get to it I'd appreciate some more basic level explanation of that.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 04, 2024, 06:41:51 pm »

MCMC was the one that called out fang for the soft claim right? With a green flip on MCMC it would make it more believable that fang could of been having a skummy soft claim moment. But then skum chose to kill mcmc, my worry there being that they want us to take the green flip and make it more likely "in our minds" that fang is potentially skum because of it.

It was late... this is a weak reason. I am admitting it rn as I type it back out. But that was the thought process going through my head when I typed it up.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 04, 2024, 06:42:32 pm »

I agree with almost all of this. joth has been townie overall, which is partly why scola's vote on joth and subsequent justification read as super scummy to me, though I hadn't quite realized how many people had definitively declared scola off the table for today as you mentioned earlier so unvote. In any event, I think scum is happy with the no exile plan, and doubly happy with the push to do so as quickly as possible without anyone doing anything of substance in the meantime.

I can understand the Didds vote but can you explain why Didds over shraeye if shraeye is your "top skum read?"

bc I have been sitting on shraeye for the last frickin week and no one wants to come do it with me so I am pivoting to my #2.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 04, 2024, 06:51:11 pm »

I'm willing to pivot to shraye from joth, but like you said, no one else is there.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 04, 2024, 06:51:34 pm »

Look at that vote count. I think we are being stubborn and we are going to exile another townie.

Swowl, I need you to rethink your vote for me. Baddies 100% want us to exile someone. Advocating for no exile is the towniest thing I can do. These random votes on folks benefit the scum chaos game and the shorter days. They don’t have to do anything at all and we just consume our town folk. No exile gives them another chance to hit the bomb without it costing us anyone else, and lets our PRs do something. It doesn’t give the baddies any unique advantage. The slim chance we get to a scum exile in the 30 hours isn’t worth the risk. I am admittedly risk-averse, but also see the beauty of a long game.

I get the point of skum wanting to have an exile. However, short days/long days/ whatever days do not matter if you do not use the time to do something. The moment that we started saying we are going to go no exile it completely stalled the conversation of the town and it also removed the risk in skums mind a great deal of they themselves being the exile today.

Outside of the concept of the bomb this is literally exactly the same game as any other game.
1. PR have more time argument can be applied to all
2. Chance of thinning our own herd can be applied to all
3. Random votes creating skum chaos or whatever - yep apply that to every game ever also.

The only difference here is that by not exiling we do not have a chance of exiling someone that is bomb pr. Which is a no where near a high enough % enough reason for me to want to not get a flip out of the day.

The absolutely only single actual argument in favor of no exiling here - and I have to admit, it is the only reason why I am on the fence at all about it... is that we are kind of going to have to at some point in time anyways unless we find skum first, because it supposedly will buy us an extra day.

But again, I would take the info earlier in the game from the flip .

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 04, 2024, 06:59:03 pm »

I did some re-reading.

vote: infangthief

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why scum kills mcmc here. He was a major wagon yesterday. Usually you keep that person around in case they can be a big wagon again.

But mcmc and I were like really in sync yesterday, and he and Robz were strong supporters of my fang wagon. I think scum shot mcmc to keep the fang wagon from having enough support to get going again.

Between the reasons I was voting for fang yesterday and that it's enough for me. There were other little things too, but they're all pretty vibes-based. This post for example:

Joth thanks for answering.

As for the earlier thing about the Awaclus wagon being one which might attract scum. Well, if you're town I think you missed an opportunity to scumhunt. But disuading people from that wagon is probably not actually scummy. unvote

Would appreciate it if you unvote me also.

Seems like someone very preoccupied with a small, early wagon on them.

I'm still down for no exile by the way. But if we're not doing that, I want fang.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 04, 2024, 06:59:27 pm »

However to be fair to WCD's initial argument - Skum obviously wants there to be an exile today... assuming it is not a skum exile.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 04, 2024, 06:59:56 pm »

Vote: scolapasta

Can I consider this an answer to my question?

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.