Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 25107 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2024, 10:34:17 am »

Awaclus, did you really consider saying "pretending to wonder"? I find that hard to believe.

Yes, which I distinctively remember because that was the only meaningful wording choice to make in that post. For reference, I spent 4 minutes wording the one-liner after that, as you can sort-of-verify from the timestamps.

Are you more likely town or scum for wondering this?
Why not? We can still exile normally as long as we do it on time, plexile is just a fail-safe so that we don't accidentally skip a turn without doing anything.

In general, I tend to think about wordings pretty carefully, and very few things I say are the only alternative wording that was considered. My playstyle wouldn't really work otherwise.
Words are important. Gotta find the best words.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2024, 10:36:17 am »

Least... probably Jimmm, but time zones. Its like 4 am there.

:o Are you calling me fluffy?

Like this. We all know Jimmmm is fluffy. Famously fluffy in fact.  Perfect word, thanks Jimmmm.

But cagey was not as perfect for for shraeye. Why is shraeye cagey?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2024, 10:39:54 am »

Oh, fang already answered. Just disregard my blabbering

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2024, 10:42:39 am »

Would that not generalise to any reads? How can we exile scum without talking about who we think is scum?

Your questions is sort of akin to asking "How can we share any information without sharing all of the information?"

We just share the reads that are immediately relevant and keep others to ourselves.

Also, mcmc's particular concern seemed to be about giving away our top scum reads.

I'm willing to give up my fourth-from-top scum read, if anybody cares to ask

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2024, 10:43:55 am »

Would that not generalise to any reads? How can we exile scum without talking about who we think is scum?

Your questions is sort of akin to asking "How can we share any information without sharing all of the information?"

We just share the reads that are immediately relevant and keep others to ourselves.

Also, mcmc's particular concern seemed to be about giving away our top scum reads.

I'm willing to give up my fourth-from-top scum read, if anybody cares to ask

What is your fourth from top scum read
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2024, 10:49:12 am »

Or I might have only read drunk mafia. And I have no idea whether shraeye was town or scum or even mod in those games.
Probably all three at once; drunk mafia is best mafia.

Shraeye, do you prefer to be cautious or bold in your Mafia game comments?
Flippant. Mostly stubborn (trying to improve this), and only accidentally helpful (no plans to change).

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2024, 10:52:55 am »

Ok, I actually pulled up the player-list and decided to tackle this question seriously (seriously).

It's scolapasta.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2024, 11:01:30 am »

Robz Shraeye Pasta MCMC where yall at top read wise?

I feel like we have played out this topic quite a bit and this sort of information is objectively more helpful to scum.

Why specifically these players?
I thought it was pretty obvious that Swowl was addressing the people currently not voting.

I did not pick up on that at all why did he not also ask for scola pastas vote?
It says Pasta right there...
Ah right my bad for not recognizing that?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2024, 11:03:40 am »

Cuzz - have you played with Awaclus before?

Yes but so so long ago.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2024, 11:12:57 am »

Ok, I actually pulled up the player-list and decided to tackle this question seriously (seriously).

It's scolapasta.

Hmm.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2024, 11:15:27 am »

It's scolapasta.

Hmm.

What can anyone possibly find interesting about this?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2024, 11:18:42 am »

It's scolapasta.

Hmm.

I was trying to decide whether it was scummy to name your allegedly fourth-from-top scum read, without explanation.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2024, 11:19:48 am »

It's scolapasta.

Hmm.

I was trying to decide whether it was scummy to name your allegedly fourth-from-top scum read, without explanation.

What did you decide?

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2024, 11:20:30 am »

Also going to unvote: joth, combination of joth himself reminding me that the two of us very often find ourselves wagoning each other regardless of alignment and robz read on him which is typically good.
Where/how did joth remind you that the two of you very often find yourselves wagoning each other regardless of alignment?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2024, 11:40:57 am »

I am 100% okay with being characterized as ultra-friendly because true, but I’m salty about being charged with contentlessness.
Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you. I just wanted to say that the post was very much like you. Some people feel a strong need to produce content from the get-go and others ease into it. I don't think one is better than the other.

My personality is very much the way that I feel more comfortable getting down to business, but that's also just in part a deficiency in social skills.

Oh my gosh!  No attack was felt at all.  I love that I am Diddsing in fine Didds form!  It was Cuzz that said I was contentless.  I think you and Joth and Mcmc and everyone elee who said "yep, that's her" know me well enough to know that not taking strong position from the outset isn't for lack of trying or interest or scumminess.  It's just how I am. And I tend to prove myself, or not, later on. We're 100% good, me and you, and also I have missed you. xo
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2024, 11:44:22 am »

Also going to unvote: joth, combination of joth himself reminding me that the two of us very often find ourselves wagoning each other regardless of alignment and robz read on him which is typically good.
Where/how did joth remind you that the two of you very often find yourselves wagoning each other regardless of alignment?

Being a little aggro is ok sometimes.

I heard we have short days and need to get some real wagons going.

One of those wagons being on me is… well I’m used to it.

fang is reading pretty towny to me.

Torn between staying on Faust and throwing out an OMGUS on mcmc, but for now I’ll leave it to less biased people to say whether his vote for me was scummy.

Him saying he is tempted to OMGUS vote me while acknowledging he is biased toward me made me recall the fact that we often find ourselves voting eachother. Or at least that is my recollection of things from years ago.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2024, 11:44:52 am »

Didds, do you want to come and vote for joth? Or do you feel like helping joth find a reason he can vote for mcmcsalot?

Nah, I'm good with voting for Scola for now

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2024, 11:46:50 am »

Least... probably Jimmm, but time zones. Its like 4 am there.

:o Are you calling me fluffy?

Well, in my estimation fluffy = awesome.  But no, I was mostly just saying we hadn't heard much from you. You are, however, awesome regardless.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2024, 11:55:34 am »

I 100% think that Shraeye is being cagey.

I feel like you were hunting for an adjective to describe shraeye's 2 relevant posts. Cagey doesn't seem to fit to me.

FWIW I disagree with you here Jimmmm. I see what fang was saying. I want to be clear it has 0% reason why I am voting for Shraeye, but I don't think holding it against anyone here is productive.

"Cagey" to me, and by definition, is "reluctant to give information", ie information is being asked for and could be provided, but is not freely forthcoming. In shraeye's two "Unfortunately perfectly neutral" posts which fang was presumably referring to, the questions weren't specifically directed at shraeye, and "null" is a legitimate answer, and may well be what he truly believes. Hedging, on the fence, yes. But not "cagey" unless you're arguing that shraeye is hiding his true opinion.

...Which, it occurs to me, may have been the point. Was it, fang?

No. By cagey I meant the opposite of bold. Instead of objectively "this is neutral" it was like "to my mind, I think this is neutral". I think he is stating his true opinion, and doing so in a way which makes it clear that other people may have other opinions.

I agree with Jimmmmmmmm here.  Hedging or using contingent language isn't really cagey and to me that is not really scummy. Cagey, though, is playing close to the vest in way that is more about a reluctance, or refusal, to share information.  Awaclus is often super cagey.  I usually end up finding is scummy, but that has historically not served me well because it often turns out to be wrong. It is a really different play style than my level of openness, so its hard for me to process.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2024, 11:59:06 am »

Words are important. Gotta find the best words.

I love when math dudes speak right to my rhetoric heart

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2024, 12:00:47 pm »

Torn between staying on Faust and throwing out an OMGUS on mcmc, but for now I’ll leave it to less biased people to say whether his vote for me was scummy.

Him saying he is tempted to OMGUS vote me while acknowledging he is biased toward me made me recall the fact that we often find ourselves voting eachother. Or at least that is my recollection of things from years ago.

Especially without MiX in the game as a player. He and I had an even stronger tendency toward the day 1 1v1.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2024, 12:01:27 pm »

It's scolapasta.

Hmm.

What did you decide?

Nothing, thus the “hmm”

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2024, 12:07:10 pm »

Okay, I am caught up now.  I feel better and better about the Scola vote. 

I should be around today and off and on over the weekend. It's my anniversary so Debatepro and I are doing fancy things to celebrate. Deadline for me is at a pretty reasonable hour, but knowing that it will be hard for faust and fang (Awa is the night owl!), I think we should aim to be good with where are votes are be finished claiming, etc by 5 PM forum time on Monday. Faust and fang, is that too late for you? Jimmmm is it too early?

Does that work for everyone else? Do we want to have an earlier internal deadline or its not worth the hassle?

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2024, 12:10:44 pm »

Especially without MiX in the game as a player. He and I had an even stronger tendency toward the day 1 1v1.
joth is that (your historic 1v1 with mcmc) the thing you meant when you said other people would be less biased than you?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2024, 12:26:23 pm »

joth is that (your historic 1v1 with mcmc) the thing you meant when you said other people would be less biased than you?

a little bit that, but mostly I don't like to vote for someone who's voting for me unless I really strongly suspect them. 1) it looks scummy 2) it rarely accomplishes anything because people write it off as OMGUS whether it is or not and 3) (and to your point) it just introduces a bias that makes me trust my own read less.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.