Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 27099 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #2375 on: August 24, 2024, 05:03:04 pm »

I'd like to hear why Jimmmm watched Didds?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: August 24, 2024, 05:53:04 pm »

Okay, I exaggerated when I said all day. I really meant in the latter part of the day when we had heard all of the claims

Here is the first time I have a short list
5 new pages of content when I got up this morning, but I think I mostly understand where we are at. faust makes the most sense to me, and I especially appreciate the wagon analysis.

I think that Cuzz, Efang, and probably Scola are the folks I’m willing to vote for.

Something I just found myself thinking about while I was pouring coffee, so before the coffee is actually in me yet which might make this a fruitless set of thoughts, was how much game time Scola has wasted dithering about his claim/not claiming/just wait and let me claim/not gonna claim. If I go back to thinking about momentum he has consistently made some slog spots.

I also wonder why knowing his role Scola wasn’t more enthusiastic about a no exile. It makes a ton of sense to me why faust and i were gung ho, but you’d think the other folks who can do good stuff in the night would be as well.,

I think efang is probably the right vote today, as much as I’d like to play with her longer.

When I start advocating for the most common denominator

I’m heading to bed, but I tend to think that cuzz is the common denominator in many exile pools. But I’ll be interested to see what faust thinks or what my brain works out while I am sleeping (yall have no idea how often you’re in my puzzley dreams!)

Lots of us were talking about Cuzz and Swowl was fully endorsing exiling Cuzz, then faust voted for EFHW and Swowl voted for faust and that shifted the conversation for a while. We got through that, then Swowl started posting his VCA posts.

Now we are on deadline day, and the first real action is
I don't see much more activity with regards to rereads going on here now that Swowl has finished his VCA. It's also just a bit over 12 hours to deadline.

So back to Vote: EFHW

Then there was this
Welp Vote: efhw it is

And faust says it best
Welp Vote: efhw it is
InterestingTM

This solidifies in my mind that tit should be Cuzz.

my number 2 is Efang, but Swowl doesn't seem to be feeling that.  We need for all the town folk to get on board, so we need to find an agreement point.

Scola: Didds, Swowl
faust: Efew, Cuzz
Didds: Cuzz, Efew
Cuzz: Scola, Efew
Swowl: Scola, Efew
Efew:?
Jimmmm?

Can anyone fill in Efhw and Jimmm?

PPE:9

Then I had to leave to pick up my kid. I told folks I'd be back in 30 minutes.

I have to step out for 30 minutes to get my kid. I'll be as fast as I can. Terrible timing

That was at 5:22

I got back pretty close to when I thought I would but a lot had happened while I was in the car.

I’m back!

Quick where we at?

I'm about to hammer cuzz. was waiting for you to get back, just in case you had anything to say.

(and giving cuzz a chance but he's been silent)

Oh! Got it.

I willl vote for cuzz

I thought we were waiting for Cuzz to get back, but turns out we were not!

ok, that's enough for me to hammer then.

Vote: cuzz

If I lost us the game, at least I know I'm not alone,

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: August 24, 2024, 06:10:42 pm »

I'd like to hear why Jimmmm watched Didds?
I assume we will hear but Jimmmmm probably won't be awake for a couple hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: August 24, 2024, 06:17:45 pm »

Youv'e basically asked both the same questions I did. (since from my POV, I'm town, leaving you/efhw as the third)
Yes this is true. I hadn't yet read your post for the first question and the latter I think is sufficiently useful to be phrased independently of your POV.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: August 24, 2024, 06:20:32 pm »

I'll ask one more question for now, and I am well aware that this may take some time to answer.

You seem confident that you found scum in Jimmmm. Who is the third member of a Cuzz/Jimmmmm/X scumteam?

That is what I have not figured out. Once upon a time, I'd have said Efang. But Swowl seemed to think her bomb claim was legit. If there are two bombs, then the other two baddies are scola and jimm, I think maybe that is balance? 2 bombs, tracker, and doctor? I doubt that there will be any evidence to implicate any of you, Efhw, and Scola are all pro at being scum, so it will all be the feels. Which is all kinds of uncomfortable. I thought that would be the point of today. Otherwise, I'd vote for Jimmm and peace out for the weekend.
So to be clear, you were pretty confident in your Jimmmmm read but don't have much of an idea about the rest because they're "pro at being scum"? Is Jimmmmm not pro at being scum?

Do you think there is no value in rereading, knowing 2/3 scum, to figure out the remaining partner?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: August 24, 2024, 06:37:53 pm »

faust are you willing to reveal any of your "who you think is scum" thoughts?

efhw, same question.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: August 24, 2024, 06:40:37 pm »

efhw, same question.
I feel like I want to hear a bit more from Jimmmmm before going there.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: August 24, 2024, 06:41:12 pm »

I'll ask one more question for now, and I am well aware that this may take some time to answer.

You seem confident that you found scum in Jimmmm. Who is the third member of a Cuzz/Jimmmmm/X scumteam?

That is what I have not figured out. Once upon a time, I'd have said Efang. But Swowl seemed to think her bomb claim was legit. If there are two bombs, then the other two baddies are scola and jimm, I think maybe that is balance? 2 bombs, tracker, and doctor? I doubt that there will be any evidence to implicate any of you, Efhw, and Scola are all pro at being scum, so it will all be the feels. Which is all kinds of uncomfortable. I thought that would be the point of today. Otherwise, I'd vote for Jimmm and peace out for the weekend.
So to be clear, you were pretty confident in your Jimmmmm read but don't have much of an idea about the rest because they're "pro at being scum"? Is Jimmmmm not pro at being scum?

Do you think there is no value in rereading, knowing 2/3 scum, to figure out the remaining partner?

Oh, obviously on the rereading, and especially the voting. I wasn’t saying I’m done. I’m saying that we also have time today instead of rushing to an exile. I don’t have a smoking gun or for, evidence of a partnership.

As far as is Jimm pro, I can’t really say that I have much of an idea. I haven’t played with him as much naive have never been a chat with him. I’ve played with you, Scola, and EFHW much more, or at least experienced bad beats at your hands.

Rereading to do the evidence grab for you was helpful in that regard, too. But I’m not at conclusions yet.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: August 24, 2024, 06:45:44 pm »

Would the same role power for town and scum function in exactly the same way in interactions with other roles?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: August 24, 2024, 06:47:53 pm »

@Didds: What was scummy about Jimmmmm's interactions with Cuzz?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: August 24, 2024, 06:59:15 pm »

efhw, same question.
I feel like I want to hear a bit more from Jimmmmm before going there.

Sure, that makes sense.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: August 24, 2024, 07:11:11 pm »

There's no chance that Didds is Town and next to no chance she wouldn't do the kill, so trying to predict the kill would just be trying to confirm what I already know. So I tried to predict Town scola's action. I figured it was most likely that he'd Block me or Track or Block Didds, any of which would be good times. What we got instead is definitely not.
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: August 24, 2024, 07:16:51 pm »

@Didds: What was scummy about Jimmmmm's interactions with Cuzz?

I don’t think anyone had much of an interaction with Cuzz did they? It’s not something from an interaction but more that this is where he was before he signed off, which is nowhere, really.

Alright. I've spent enough time today moving names and roles around my spreadsheet. I think Swowl is probably Town, and I think EFHW is more likely to be Town than faust. That leaves me with three scum in faust, scola, Didds and Cuzz.

I think scola is probably scum due to his claim and how it came out.
I think Didds is probably scum due to her narrative around Robz and Awaclus not adding up. I think it was convenient to despair about her reads as a way to emphasise her Diddsiness and try to put herself in a Towncore, and I just don't buy the reasons for the despair.
But I'm not sure in this case that "both probably" equates to "probably both". I think the question is, when scola raised the contradiction, could it have been guaranteed that Didds wouldn't also be contradicted? Maybe they were okay with both contradicting me, but that seems super risky if it doesn't come off. I think it works if they have a Rolecop, but not if they don't. And given that I'd have faust as the third here, how powerful can scum be when Town only has a Watcher, a Doctor and a Bomb?

I still think if scola is scum then faust is probably scum with him. faust was there for him when no one else was, and he knew he had the pull for it. At this point faust is probably scum even if scola is Town.

Then there's Cuzz, who has lurked most of the game and seemed more interesting in obscuring my question about his Awaclus read than answering it.

I think faust is the way to go here. I think if scola and Didds are both scum then the third is faust, and if not then it's both faust and Cuzz.

But it was early so okay. Then he started engaging with me in the strange conversation that ended here and we didn’t hear anything more from here (because it’s night in Australia)

If I had a scum team to coach me, I would have a way better fake claim than my real claim. That y’all like don’t like my targets isn’t at all sus, it’s typical (le sigh)

Depends on whether you had certain target claims you were avoiding.

I don’t even understand at all

Say on a given Night Town Didds would have tracked me. But scum Didds knew I was a Watcher and didn't know who I watched, so claimed a target that couldn't be contradicted. Not saying this specifically happened, just an example.

How would I have known you were a watcher? I’m sorry if I am being obtuse, it’s not intentional

I don’t think that two baddies would have bussed Cuzz. And the only people off wagon were Jimmm and I. I would have voted, but it all happened when I was out. Scola and I’s votes were seconds apart. Plus, I don’t really count myself, because I know I’m town. That leaves Jimmm as his buddy.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: August 24, 2024, 07:17:58 pm »

There's no chance that Didds is Town and next to no chance she wouldn't do the kill, so trying to predict the kill would just be trying to confirm what I already know. So I tried to predict Town scola's action. I figured it was most likely that he'd Block me or Track or Block Didds, any of which would be good times. What we got instead is definitely not.

So, Scola went from your most likely scum to me? What changed?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: August 24, 2024, 07:18:11 pm »

Why no chance? What's the case for Didds (from you) besides he saying she tracked you?

After you got toyr result, what did you assume I did?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: August 24, 2024, 07:21:54 pm »

If Didds was Town I would have expected scum to have a Ninja. What they had is a conditional Ninja they never used. There's no way we have two full tracking roles.
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: August 24, 2024, 07:23:15 pm »

Would the same role power for town and scum function in exactly the same way in interactions with other roles?

:-X

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 24, 2024, 07:25:01 pm »

:-X

I knew this was coming. This was just the generalized version of the question I asked earlier about RB.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: August 24, 2024, 07:26:49 pm »

After you got toyr result, what did you assume I did?

Every other option seemed significantly weaker and none of them stood out. What would you have done?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: August 24, 2024, 07:30:24 pm »

I would have tracked Didds or you. Honorable mention to to RBing swowl., who I still suspected (sorry swowl!)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: August 24, 2024, 07:31:56 pm »

Why not Roleblock? What would you have hoped to gain by Tracking me?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: August 24, 2024, 08:32:48 pm »

You didn't want to watch Swowl to catch the nk?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 24, 2024, 08:36:11 pm »

You didn't want to watch Swowl to catch the nk?

Do you disagree that from my perspective Didds is necessarily scum or that she'd necessarily do the kill?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: August 24, 2024, 08:39:16 pm »

Well, I claimed the recycling before I knew what the other PRs were.
This is true, but you kept up the lie even after you knew all the claims.

Sure, but:
a) revealing the lie at that point seemed more risky.
b) I truly thought I'd be dead by now
c) if scum!didds tracked me and said something then I would've caught her
You really can't imagine all the trouble lying as town could cause? I've never seen it not backfire.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: August 24, 2024, 08:57:18 pm »

Why not Roleblock? What would you have hoped to gain by Tracking me?

I didn't think much about it since I don't actually have any shot left.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.