Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 27176 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #2175 on: August 21, 2024, 12:04:24 pm »

Two bombs makes sense mod-wise to keep the game balanced.
Whatever happened to this, EFHW?

I believe that. It's your campaign against me that is scummy.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: August 21, 2024, 12:07:04 pm »

Do people think swowl messing up the VC was accidental or purposeful? It fits my swowl as Didd's partner hypothesis. But also seems easily catchable.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: August 21, 2024, 12:07:31 pm »

Do people think swowl messing up the VC was accidental or purposeful? It fits my swowl as Didd's partner hypothesis. But also seems easily catchable.

And has anyone reviewed the other VCs he posted?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: August 21, 2024, 12:14:41 pm »

What makes me lean purposeful, FYI, is that my claim was literally the pst after the VC. It just feels strange that if swowl is in fact scum, and playing such a strong towny game thus far (I don't even thing he;s been voted once?), that he would take this risk at something so easily catchable.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: August 21, 2024, 12:28:51 pm »

How is it scummy?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: August 21, 2024, 12:39:48 pm »

For the record more of my case on didds and swowl being scum partners.

I think I mayhave caught Didds when I was aksing Didds about her tracker role. If it's a fake claim then she doesn't immediately know what it would really say. She hedged over answering (said she was confused), claimed I was trying to get her to quote and be modkilled, and eventually sought sought what mafiascum.net says for a tracker role (why need to go there and not just look at your PR).

And I think swowl knew I caught her and was trying to get her to not answer (and gave her the quote idea when he posted this:

Because the tracker is quoted in the set up. And if it wasn’t general info, you have quoted your pm… which is another not supposed to be allowed unless the mod does it first.

Since at no point did I quote my PM, and paraphrasing is explicity allowed in the rules.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: August 21, 2024, 01:35:36 pm »

I think I mayhave caught Didds when I was aksing Didds about her tracker role. If it's a fake claim then she doesn't immediately know what it would really say. She hedged over answering (said she was confused), claimed I was trying to get her to quote and be modkilled, and eventually sought sought what mafiascum.net says for a tracker role (why need to go there and not just look at your PR).

And I think swowl knew I caught her and was trying to get her to not answer (and gave her the quote idea when he posted this:

Because the tracker is quoted in the set up. And if it wasn’t general info, you have quoted your pm… which is another not supposed to be allowed unless the mod does it first.

Since at no point did I quote my PM, and paraphrasing is explicity allowed in the rules.

Dude, you were asking what does it say in your role beyond what your role does. I told you that I am a tracker. What that means is on mafiascum, and what happens if I am blocked in regard to results is in the set up. To ask anything beyond that is asking me to quote and I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT. I have even gotten in trouble for paraphrasing too closely so I am not going there. You asking me to is scummy, and you saying you have a direct contradiction with Jimmmm but continuing to pursue the fact that I will not quote my role to you is scummy.  Stop it. Find it scummy if you want, but apologize to me when the game is over and you see that I am town because this is nonsense and I am over you trying to make me quote the role. 
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: August 21, 2024, 02:30:02 pm »

Dude, you were asking what does it say in your role beyond what your role does. I told you that I am a tracker. What that means is on mafiascum, and what happens if I am blocked in regard to results is in the set up. To ask anything beyond that is asking me to quote and I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT. I have even gotten in trouble for paraphrasing too closely so I am not going there. You asking me to is scummy, and you saying you have a direct contradiction with Jimmmm but continuing to pursue the fact that I will not quote my role to you is scummy.  Stop it. Find it scummy if you want, but apologize to me when the game is over and you see that I am town because this is nonsense and I am over you trying to make me quote the role.

So, let me start by saying sorry if my style of play is annoying you. We'll see a the end of the game, because I also wonder if maybe it's feigned scum annoyance. I do hope (if you are actually town) you can see this from the filter that I think you're scum, so read the posts you make with that filter. i.e. if you were scum, faking annyoance here could be a way to appeal to players thinking you really are annoyed and town.

Of course, there's also the possiblity you are actually town and actually annoyed? Though like I said, even as town, if you understand my point that I thikn you're scum, you migh tbe able to see what I keep trying to make this case.

So with that said, here's where I agree and don't agree with what you write above:

Yes, I was asking you to say more about your role than just what it does. Why is that not considered a valid question?
Yes, some of it is listed in the setup; that does not mean it's not part of a PR definition, as well, and again seems valid to ask about.
I am not asking you to quote, I am asking you to paraphrase. Is it quoting when you say you are a tracker, because that is what your PR says? Of course not. And I have paraphrased about the "extra info" in my role and MiX has not modkilled me or warned me about quoting, that to me says it's possilbe to say nore without quoting.
I have no idea about your past history with paraphrasing. I just know that:
a) paraphrasing is allowed
b) I seem to have accomplished without issue
c) you are an "english" person, and I suspect would also be able to accomplish it if you wanted to.

Which leads me to the conclusion you don't want to answer me dorectly, which leads me to the conclusion that you are not an actual tracker.

You say my continuing to ask you is scummy, but to be clear, I am not continuing to ask. I've decided that all of the above has already led me to my conclusions. And pursuing you vs Jimmmm is because I feel more certain about you than Jimmmmm at the moment, because if possible scum roles, that I did not even think to consider when I found the contradiction.

So I will meet your "stop it" with a reverse "stop it" - stop claiming that I am trying to get you to quote. I'm clearly not doing that, even if you don't like my line of questioning / think it's scummy.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: August 21, 2024, 02:37:36 pm »

BTW, I think I never answered a previous question I saw about why I finalized my full claim when I did and not wait until the end.

I thought I said it at the time, but my whole idea of delaying was to try to catch someone. Since Jimmmm and efang had already claimed, I didn't have any more useful info (saving swowl didn't tell me anything) so I didn't expect to catch anything on a swowl claim.

AND I wanted to get my full claim in before whoever was left, in order to allow them to (possibly) validate anything they could, if they had any useful roles. Unfortunately, they did not.

(I did ask efhw to pause, because I wasn't sure whether I should say anything before them or after them)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: August 21, 2024, 02:54:29 pm »

I expect ot be around at deadline. though don't see anyone joining me on Didds. (you would think if she were town, maybe one scum at least would  find a way to support it? but I don't know maybe not)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 21, 2024, 03:03:34 pm »

Are we going to consolidate at some point? I only have like 2 hours left.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: August 21, 2024, 03:06:01 pm »

Do you have any thoughts on Didds?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 21, 2024, 03:08:25 pm »

Do you have any thoughts on Didds?
She is not a priority target for me. We should not exile among the claimed active PRs, and I don't want to reveal my thoughts on who is scum among that group.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 21, 2024, 03:09:10 pm »

Vote Count 4.2

EFHW (1): faust

Not Voting (6): Jimmmmm, EFHW, Didds, Cuzz, scolapasta, Swowl

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to exile. Day 4 ends August 21, 2024, 08:00:00 pm. That's in 5 hours!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: August 21, 2024, 03:11:59 pm »

How is it scummy?
It is based on unproven and at times far-fetched theories and you have refused to have any kind of dialogue. You do not seem to have taken anything I have said into any serious consideration. You have also voted me, leaving me open to quickhammer if you are town. My not being hammered further raises the possibility of your being scum. You have acted this way with me as town before, so you could be town, I guess. We lost that game, too.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: August 21, 2024, 03:12:17 pm »

Just to make this clear: We need all town on the same wagon to ensure that we don't lose. If you fail to consolidate before I have to go to bed, then you better be ready to vote EFHW.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 21, 2024, 03:21:24 pm »

Just to make this clear: We need all town on the same wagon to ensure that we don't lose. If you fail to consolidate before I have to go to bed, then you better be ready to vote EFHW.

Trying to tihkn this through:

If you're town and efhw is town, and you are still voting efhw when you go to bed, we lose.

If efhw is scum, and we don't consolidate, then we'd get 3 vs 3 )if all scum ho on same person). then it's 50,50 but if town survives, it's game over town wins. Would scum risk making this a 50-50 game.

If you're scum, then... it gets muddled in my eyes. I guess other scum could go with you on EFHW and go for the 50-50? ubt assuming now, then they actually only have 2 votes and 3 town are enough to exile a scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 21, 2024, 03:22:26 pm »

How is it scummy?
It is based on unproven and at times far-fetched theories and you have refused to have any kind of dialogue. You do not seem to have taken anything I have said into any serious consideration. You have also voted me, leaving me open to quickhammer if you are town. My not being hammered further raises the possibility of your being scum. You have acted this way with me as town before, so you could be town, I guess. We lost that game, too.
What are the points you made that you think I haven't taken seriously enough?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: August 21, 2024, 03:29:26 pm »

Yes, I was asking you to say more about your role than just what it does. Why is that not considered a valid question?
Yes, some of it is listed in the setup; that does not mean it's not part of a PR definition, as well, and again seems valid to ask about.
I am not asking you to quote, I am asking you to paraphrase. Is it quoting when you say you are a tracker, because that is what your PR says? Of course not. And I have paraphrased about the "extra info" in my role and MiX has not modkilled me or warned me about quoting, that to me says it's possilbe to say nore without quoting.
I have no idea about your past history with paraphrasing. I just know that:
a) paraphrasing is allowed
b) I seem to have accomplished without issue
c) you are an "english" person, and I suspect would also be able to accomplish it if you wanted to.

The only information in my role that is not directly addressing how the targeting works (frequency, target, etc) and what results look like is the town win condition. So, whatever you are looking for or think exists, isn't there. I have not been cagey so you continuing to not be satisfied with the role description and mechanics can only be rooted in either seeking an analog to the complications of your role, or an attempt for greater specificity that goes beyond describing to quoting. Its only a handful of sentences, and I didn't ask Mix and follow up questions.  What if your whole reason for suspecting me is rooted in nothing? Then what? We just lose because you are being stubborn? You are not even allowing for the possibility that I am telling you what I can

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 21, 2024, 03:31:08 pm »

Understood. What time are you done for the day? If Jimmmmm is town, and scum do split the votes, then he will decide since he wont be on until just before 8 FT. if he's scum, it won't matter.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 21, 2024, 03:40:28 pm »

Checking in.
I will be around.
Multi tasking with work sorry

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 21, 2024, 03:46:25 pm »

What makes me lean purposeful, FYI, is that my claim was literally the pst after the VC. It just feels strange that if swowl is in fact scum, and playing such a strong towny game thus far (I don't even thing he;s been voted once?), that he would take this risk at something so easily catchable.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? Does it not seem strange to anyone else that swowl would mess this up?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: August 21, 2024, 03:50:54 pm »

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? Does it not seem strange to anyone else that swowl would mess this up?

I did like 7 hours of this stuff dude. And it is a minimal mistake - did not need it to make a case on you.

Also, for not that reason

Vote: Pasta is I think where I am at today. I have spent too much brainpower on this to still be so uncertain of who who could be.

Pasta or Cuzz.
I would like to avoid efoo faust bc this is where I am most unsure

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 21, 2024, 03:51:15 pm »

I know it’s not in bold. Purposeful

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: August 21, 2024, 03:58:54 pm »

I did like 7 hours of this stuff dude. And it is a minimal mistake - did not need it to make a case on you.

Also, for not that reason

Vote: Pasta is I think where I am at today. I have spent too much brainpower on this to still be so uncertain of who who could be.

Pasta or Cuzz.
I would like to avoid efoo faust bc this is where I am most unsure

I don't agree that it's minimal - I think the difference between 3 and 4 there is huge and is clearly the reason I claimend.

You specifically said:

But I want to bring it back to the time of the claim. why claim there? I had asked pasta before and they said it was because deadline was close and they didn't want to risk it... but like.. can anyone actually relate to that? like if I were town in that spot... I would never ever claim there. I don't claim normally until I have to, so I guess I am kind of asking... but this is just... man that's skummy.

So how is that not a big part of your case??

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.