Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 27173 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #1025 on: August 08, 2024, 06:15:29 am »

if faust and scola are partners this is the boldest gambit in the history of mafia
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 08, 2024, 07:30:54 am »

Taking time to read Scola's contributions to yesterday, I think he was not at all unprepared. He had pretty clearly planned to not make his claim more specific.

That could be town or it could be scum, but I don't see it any more likely to be a town approach than a scum approach.

So, to the extent that it is NAI, I'm still on vote: scolapasta from yesterday, and frustrated that people moved off.

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 08, 2024, 07:33:40 am »

if faust and scola are partners this is the boldest gambit in the history of mafia
Maybe yes. But it feels like it to me.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 08, 2024, 07:46:33 am »

Maybe yes. But it feels like it to me.
Yesterday, before I started the scolapasta wagon, you were voting for joth. How do you feel about that now?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 08, 2024, 07:51:14 am »

Ah, come on. It wouldn't even be all that exciting, I'm pretty sure I have done gambits as scum that were more intense.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 08, 2024, 07:51:47 am »

scola was hammerable yesterday and wasn't hammered. that's less of an ironclad tell this early in the game, but it's definitely a datapoint.

I feel like if scola were town and there were a scum off the wagon they would have gone for it 100%, right? A chance to exile a claimed PR, to eliminate a possible gladiator bomb without using the nightkill on them? I mean that's really, really attractive to scum. But he sat at X-1.

So either he's scum, scum were already fully on his wagon, or scum just happened to not be available to hammer.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 08, 2024, 07:52:25 am »

this is an interesting development.
while we wait for scola (is a prod request appropriate yet?) I'd like to discuss Didds. I found her behaviour at the end of day yesterday a bit unsettling.

I have Didds in my mind as being a pro-scola exile player. But actually, Didds only voted for scola one time: at the very beginning of day 1, barely past RVS. All day on Day 2 she made it clear that she would vote for scola while not actually moving there. Very much hiding behind the "scola should claim" thing, but doing so even after many others had decided it was worth it to vote scola anyway and scola had made it clear he wouldn't claim.

Vocally supporting a wagon but not actually joining it is a classic scum thing to do, IMO. And I think if any one is to blame for getting us to NoEx instead of scola yesterday it's Didds (also Awaclus for hammering and faust for backing off).

We need a scum flip to learn anything though. IF scola is scum than yesterday's machinations become very interesting. if scola is town, they're interesting in a different way.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 08, 2024, 07:53:14 am »

scola was hammerable yesterday and wasn't hammered. that's less of an ironclad tell this early in the game, but it's definitely a datapoint.

I feel like if scola were town and there were a scum off the wagon they would have gone for it 100%, right? A chance to exile a claimed PR, to eliminate a possible gladiator bomb without using the nightkill on them? I mean that's really, really attractive to scum. But he sat at X-1.

So either he's scum, scum were already fully on his wagon, or scum just happened to not be available to hammer.

This is the thing I can't get over. vote: scolapasta. And FoS: faust.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 08, 2024, 07:55:49 am »

I mean, shraeye did intend to hammer.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 08, 2024, 07:58:29 am »

I think scum would have just dropped the hammer. You can always justify it later -- I didn't realize how many votes there were, etc.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: August 08, 2024, 07:59:46 am »

I think scum would have just dropped the hammer. You can always justify it later -- I didn't realize how many votes there were, etc.
I can't begin to comprehend this. A quickhammer on what would be revealed to be a town PR is uber-scummy. It's safest to post intent. And there was no reason to expect that someone would move off the wagon, so there was no rush.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 08, 2024, 08:05:47 am »

Like who even was off-wagon? There were 1.5 hours in which a hammer could have been dropped.

scolapasta: Sure won't hammer himself.
Jimmmmm: Was asleep.
Didds: annnounced previously that she would not be available at the time (here)
shraeye: Did announce intent
Swowl: Did post and state that that wagon made him uneasy.

So essentially your argument boils down to: "It's not true that Swowl is scum and scola town" Which is fair enough, but hardly enough evidence for strong conclusions.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 08, 2024, 08:10:36 am »

so faust is either the hero who swooped in and saved the town PR with a dramatic unvote or the scum who swooped in and saved his partner with a dramatic unvote

or he's a misguided town who, in trying to be a hero, saved scum with a dramatic unvote.

I actually think it's either 1 or 3. faust and scola as partners isn't a serious suggestion if you look at the whole of the game. faust put a lot of heat on scola that he absolutely didn't need to put on him and basically allowed all of day 2 to be about him when he could have made any number of other decisions.

OK, let's play the "scola is town" game. Who looks scummy in that situation?

Here's the vote count before faust derailed the scola exile:

scolapasta (5): faust, Awaclus, infangthief, Cuzz, joth
No Exile (3): Didds, Jimmmmm, scolapasta
Cuzz (1): shraeye

Not Voting (1): Swowl

With Shraeye expressing intent to hammer.

So obviously shraeye looks bad there. We know Awaclus is town and faust makes no sense in this scenario, so that leaves fang, Cuzz, and yours truly as possible partners. I've been scumreading fang more or less all game.

faust, why vote for fang instead of shraeye?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 08, 2024, 08:11:37 am »

scolapasta: Sure won't hammer himself.

to be fair, there is precedent

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 08, 2024, 08:14:31 am »

I can't begin to comprehend this. A quickhammer on what would be revealed to be a town PR is uber-scummy. It's safest to post intent. And there was no reason to expect that someone would move off the wagon, so there was no rush.

I don't agree 100% -- I think a lot of scum players would go for it and trust that they could talk their way out of it, too scummy to be scum, etc. But I think you're right that a good chunk of them would post intent, especially because there was no prior indication that someone would back off of the wagon like you did.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 08, 2024, 08:20:51 am »

I have my reasons, and I am not principally opposed to sharing them, but I would rather wait to see how today plays out for a while longer. There has been an outrageous amount of people sheeping me this game and frankly I would rather see where they go without giving them a case to attach themselves to.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 08, 2024, 08:22:22 am »

well jokes on you because I'm sheeping you anyway

vote: infangthief

or are you sheeping me? I've been beating the fang is scum drum since day 1.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 08, 2024, 08:28:54 am »

well jokes on you because I'm sheeping you anyway

vote: infangthief

or are you sheeping me? I've been beating the fang is scum drum since day 1.
Ha, you cannot beat my D1 vote!
Vote: fang

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 08, 2024, 09:18:30 am »

this is an interesting development.
while we wait for scola (is a prod request appropriate yet?) I'd like to discuss Didds. I found her behaviour at the end of day yesterday a bit unsettling.

I have Didds in my mind as being a pro-scola exile player. But actually, Didds only voted for scola one time: at the very beginning of day 1, barely past RVS. All day on Day 2 she made it clear that she would vote for scola while not actually moving there. Very much hiding behind the "scola should claim" thing, but doing so even after many others had decided it was worth it to vote scola anyway and scola had made it clear he wouldn't claim.

Vocally supporting a wagon but not actually joining it is a classic scum thing to do, IMO. And I think if any one is to blame for getting us to NoEx instead of scola yesterday it's Didds (also Awaclus for hammering and faust for backing off).

We need a scum flip to learn anything though. IF scola is scum than yesterday's machinations become very interesting. if scola is town, they're interesting in a different way.

I was on a plane and in transit in a foreign land from mid-day until after the deadline. I announced it beforehand, although I had assumed I’d be able to get back for last hour, but when I did the day was already over. Awaclus hammered 2 hours before the deadline which erased any opportunity I would have had to check back in. So, most of what you’re saying about what Scola did about his fishy Schrödinger’s pasta not claim had not happened when I was still available. I never wanted Scola to claim D2. I thought we should no exile and that he should full claim today.

I was arguing most vigorously for a non exile to move the freaking deadline. F-M days are really limiting my ability to keep up. I’m not sure why anyone needs to be blamed for the no exile. But it was what I wanted so okay. Whatever investigative roles we had did get another night to do their work, which is potentially valuable.

I have been vocal about finding Scola scummy, because I think he’s scummy. That has changed. But once we had decided to let him live D1, I don’t know why that wouldn’t hold until we actually knew the reason why he claimed he deserved to live. As far as saying I’d move my vote there and then didn’t D2, that was in the event that the collective wisdom was that no exile was a bad idea. When I lost connectivity, we weren’t even close to coalescing on anything.

Unfortunate timing, yes. Scummy, no.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 08, 2024, 11:47:30 am »

So obviously shraeye looks bad there. We know Awaclus is town and faust makes no sense in this scenario, so that leaves fang, Cuzz, and yours truly as possible partners. I've been scumreading fang more or less all game.

I don't see how this looks bad for shraeye.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 08, 2024, 11:49:45 am »

Vote: Cuzz

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 08, 2024, 11:54:55 am »

I get a feeling that towncore is the way to go, that's what I'm doing.  Scola is still very on the table, but if I'm looking elsewhere I see more townreads than not. 

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 08, 2024, 12:03:48 pm »

I don't see how this looks bad for shraeye.

You don't?

I said, 'if scola were town, scum would have hammered.'

Then faust said 'shraeye expressed intent to hammer'

And then I said 'scum would have just hammered'

And faust said, 'no, they would have expressed intent'.

So how do you not see that you doing the thing that we've just been talking about as the thing scum would do makes you look scummy?

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 08, 2024, 01:13:45 pm »

I'm here. Though will be unavailable for much of (real life) today. Should be back this evening. I'll try to read through again what's been posted and post some replies.

Honestly, not sure what to do next. I still generally think thatwith gladiator bomb in the game it's best not to claim, but know that I probably will need to at some point. I think I'd prefer until (game life) tomorrow, but am not feeling as stubborn as yesterday, if there are good arguments.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 08, 2024, 01:16:06 pm »

I still think scola is scum.

Awaclus was an unexpected kill (as well as an unfortunate one).

I have a lot of other reads/ideas but I'm gonna keep them to myself for a bit (I know, weird)

Why unexpected?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.