Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: No black market in Core Subscription  (Read 457 times)

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
No black market in Core Subscription
« on: May 29, 2024, 08:04:39 am »

I'm annoyed as I bought a year of Core & previously black market was included & now apparently it's not

I've tried reaching out to Dominion.games w no success

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +438
    • View Profile
Re: No black market in Core Subscription
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2024, 12:45:12 pm »
+3

Hi Narz,

roughly 2 years ago (when introducing the Allies expansion), the model for the "half full" subscription changed from being a set of expansions (generally the earlier ones) to a set of cards (the less complicated ones). At that time the name also changed from "Silver/Gold" to "Core/Complete".

The dominion cards are divided into 10 levels, where level 1 is just the base set, level 2 introduces no new concepts but has more relatively simple cards, then level 3 has choices, a.s.o. Together with other changes to automatch, this was intended to ease new players better into the game in potentially 10 steps instead of previously 3 (Base and Silver/Gold subscription). You can find all the cards of each level when clicking the "View Card Pools" button on the automatch screen (upper middle area of the screen). The Core subscription is levels 1-5 of cards.

Black Market is at the highest level 10 of cards. Sometimes cards are moved between levels, usually when discovering a mistake (like one card using debt was at a lower level than when debt was introduced). I'm not aware of a change to Black Market (but it could be). I can ask about that if you want.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 12:46:16 pm by Ingix »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1701
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2024, 03:25:55 pm »
+2

How is Black Market level 10?

I don't play online very often, but those levels make no sense to me.

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +438
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2024, 04:46:10 pm »
+2

If you have Black Market, then suddenly you are confronted with much more cards than in a normal kingdom. It's not about what experienced player find complicated, it's what inexperienced ones find complicated. Of course, it can still be debated for each card what level it should be.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (。 ω 。`)
  • Respect: +12898
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2024, 05:00:33 pm »
+9

How is Black Market level 10?

How is it not level 10? It introduces a complicated mechanic used by no other thing in the game, makes you read up to 60 extra cards in addition to what's in the kingdom, does things it doesn't say it does, has over 800 words of official FAQs and other rule clarifications on the wiki, and makes frequent appearances in the Rules Questions forum. The only other card-shaped thing in the game that you really could reasonably argue is more advanced or complicated than Black Market is Possession, and even Possession is simpler by some of these metrics and on everyone's ban list by default.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2859
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2024, 07:46:25 pm »
+2

Also if Black Market can bring in literally any other card in the game, it basically has to be level 10, because it could make you play with another level 10 card.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1511
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2024, 09:21:03 pm »
+1

Also if Black Market can bring in literally any other card in the game, it basically has to be level 10, because it could make you play with another level 10 card.

I assume that black market would only use cards you own, but I guess making it level 10 makes that moot.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.