Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Weekly Design Contest #210: Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot

(1/1)

LibraryAdventurer:
Design a card or card-shaped thing that's a modified version of an official card, not as a replacement, but like Grand Market is to Market, or Young Witch to Witch.
Use an adjective or modifier + the name of the official card it's based on, like Grand Market and Young Witch do.

Clearly qualifying official cards: Grand Market and Young Witch (obvs), Old Witch, Coastal Haven, most villages (Border/Mining/Fishing/Farming/...), Devil's Workshop, Farmer's Market, Sea Witch.

Other official cards that qualify because I like being flexible/creative: Animal Fair (It has +buy so it can be considered a version of Fair), Capital City, Fool's Gold, Lost City, Family of Inventors, all the Ruins except Survivors, Overgrown Estate, Prize Goat, Silver Mine, Tragic Hero (It has "gain a treasure"), I probably missed a couple.
I'm undecided on Market Square, but I think I'd allow it (if it wasn't already a thing obvs).

Official cards that don't qualify: Fortune Hunter (not related to Hunter), Horse Traders (not related to Trader), Plateau Shepherds (not related to shepherd), Royal Blacksmith, Shanty Town, Silk Merchant, ...you get the idea...

Suggestions of adjectives or modifiers you might use: Grand/Big, Little/Minor/Tiny, Royal, Noble, Shady, Seafaring, Gilded, Buried, Undead, Distant, Mounted, etc. (but you don't have to use one of these)

Village and Merchant as your base card are discouraged. You can do a modified version of one of them, but I'd prefer you choose something else.

Using small print just for the card's name might be fun if you want to do, say, "Bored Cartographer" or something like that. Don't hesitate to use an official card with a longer name. Just don't make small print necessary for the card text.

edit: oops, I forgot to post in the designated subforum. Can this be moved in there? Or should I delete this and repost there?
edit2: I reposted in the correct place, but I can't delete this post. sorry bout that.

faust:
Repost is probably best. This part of the forum does not have dedicated moderators, so I'm not sure how quickly we could get this thread moved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version