Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: That realization that your strategy has a gaping flaw  (Read 8266 times)

Papa Luigi

• Scout
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
Re: That realization that your strategy has a gaping flaw
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 02:20:55 pm »

That's an interesting benefit to Ghost Ship's attack... if nothing else, it confuses your opponent! I know when I'm on the receiving end of a Ghost Ship it takes a while for me to think about what I'm going to do next turn to make sure I don't screw up.

Avin

• Spy
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 12:23:55 pm »
+6

In a game I played just now:

I play several King's Courts in a row on Schemes, a Laboratory, a couple Bazaars, and a couple Woodcutters, and buy up almost all the duchies, because my opponent has a massive province lead and as long as I get another turn, my Schemed Kings Courts will allow me to get another massive turn to end it next turn.

So with 9 cards I may put back due to King's Courted Schemes, I put back: King's Court, King's Court, King's Court, King's Court, King's Court, Laboratory, Scheme, Scheme, Woodcutter.

I get very excited because my opponent must have had a lot of green on the top of his deck: he has two kings courts and schemes, and they're not able to draw most of his engine and he just buys a single gold. I'll be able to pull off the victory from behind and buy up all the remaining provinces and duchies with my next turn for sure.

So I excitedly start my mega turn. I play a King's Court, on a King's Court, on a King's Court, on a King's Court, on a King's Court

... on nothing because I have no remaining action cards, times nine.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:36:56 pm by Avin »

paddyodoors

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 12:53:20 pm »
+1

So I excitedly start my mega turn. I play a King's Court, on a King's Court, on a King's Court, on a King's Court, on a King's Court

... on nothing because I have no remaining action cards, times nine.

I loled just to keep from crying (as the memories of similar events came flooding back).
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.56 seconds with 21 queries.