Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Royal Galley and actions  (Read 265 times)

Fiddles

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Royal Galley and actions
« on: July 31, 2023, 04:53:03 pm »

If I use a Royal Galley to put out a King's Court for the next turn, then use that King's Court to play a Patrol from my next hand three times, do I still have an action left? i.e., does the Patrol inherit the action free status of the King's Court given by Royal Galley?

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Galley and actions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 06:04:53 pm »
+1

Yes. Royal Galley makes you play King's Court (not using up your action), and King's Court makes you play Patrol (not using up your action), and then, once you're done doing that and whatever other abilities are activated at the start of your turn, you still have your regular action to play an Action card from your hand.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Royal Galley and actions
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 07:25:23 pm »
+1

i.e., does the Patrol inherit the action free status of the King's Court given by Royal Galley?

This is not really a technically accurate description of what's going on there even though the end result is the same. Everything that tells you to play something always gives the "action free status" to the thing it's playing; so in this case, King's Court gets it from Royal Galley, and completely unrelatedly, Patrol gets it from King's Court (and you do end up with an action left as explained by AJD).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.02 seconds with 21 queries.