Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Governor/Library  (Read 1013 times)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Governor/Library
« on: April 09, 2012, 12:48:39 pm »

I played a neat game earlier this morning (no link yet)

I think I didn't use this combo to its fullest potential as I only realized it could work about mid-game, but it seems awesome in theory.  Get 2-3 Governors ASAP and a few Libraries (preferably by trashing Silver/etc in to the Libraries via Governor).  Use the Governors to gain Gold.  When you have Governor and Library in hand, the Governor can reduce your handsize by 1 (gain a Gold) or 2 (remodel something, possibly even Gold->Province).  You can then draw up to 7 with the Library, and since you'll be swimming in money it should be a safe guarantee you can afford Provinces.  With a nonterminal +buy like Pawn (which also reduces the handsize!) or Market it's probably even better.

Has anyone else had experience with this combo?
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
Re: Governor/Library
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 02:55:35 pm »

Interesting.  It could also work well with Watchtower (gov gain gold, top deck it, watchtower to immediately draw it).

I wonder if knowing your opponent has two Libraries say, maybe the best move is to use Governors for +cards.

flip314

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Re: Governor/Library
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:13:24 pm »

Governor combos well with Lab/wharf+village (or even itself if you're willing to give your opponent extra cards*).  Draw your whole deck, gain a gold, draw it, remodel it to province.

Especially hilarious is ruining engines by flooding your opponents with silver.  Had that happen to me and just had to laugh.

*especially good if you know it will be the last turn or you have a handsize reduction attack.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.554 seconds with 20 queries.