Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: mapmaker is great, no?  (Read 746 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
mapmaker is great, no?
« on: February 12, 2023, 10:57:22 am »
+2

I just found myself picking Mapmaker over Catacombs with 5. Obviously depends on the kingdom but it seemed like the generically correct choice. Draw 4, pick 2 is pretty strong even without the reaction.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
Re: mapmaker is great, no?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 05:16:32 pm »

I disagree. A Smithy net draws double the amount of cards. Mapmaker is only good when you can trigger its Reaction which is in the endgame or with alt-VP.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: mapmaker is great, no?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 07:11:49 pm »
+3

I just found myself picking Mapmaker over Catacombs with 5. Obviously depends on the kingdom but it seemed like the generically correct choice. Draw 4, pick 2 is pretty strong even without the reaction.

I wouldn't usually pick it over Catacombs, but it is a pretty strong card. It makes the transition from a non-functioning engine to a functioning one happen substantially earlier in a kingdom where it's otherwise difficult to do that. The obvious downside is that you need twice as many of them to support the same payload compared to a Smithy.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.