Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Taskmaster and Improve  (Read 420 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
Taskmaster and Improve
« on: January 28, 2023, 07:48:39 am »
+4

Taskmaster seems to be like Garrison and Cargo Ship: If it hasn't triggered yet at the start of Clean-up, it can be trashed with Improve, making it trigger. Except the cost of Taskmaster is $3, so it can't be Improved into a $5 cost card. But let's say we played Improve twice, and we first trash Taskmaster with Improve, and then Improve another card into a $5 cost - then Taskmaster should trigger. And it should keep working every turn even though it's trashed. Am I thinking about it correctly?

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Taskmaster and Improve
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 11:51:42 am »
+1

Interesting scenario--that all seems correct to me. For what it's worth, I tried this on Dominion Online and it works as you stated. You can continue the effect by buying another 5 cost card the following turn (and each subsequent turn, just like as if Taskmaster stayed in play), and the effect does stop once you don't get a 5 cost card on a turn.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
Re: Taskmaster and Improve
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 02:57:12 pm »
+1

Taskmaster seems to be like Garrison and Cargo Ship: If it hasn't triggered yet at the start of Clean-up, it can be trashed with Improve, making it trigger. Except the cost of Taskmaster is $3, so it can't be Improved into a $5 cost card. But let's say we played Improve twice, and we first trash Taskmaster with Improve, and then Improve another card into a $5 cost - then Taskmaster should trigger. And it should keep working every turn even though it's trashed. Am I thinking about it correctly?
Yes, Taskmaster doesn't look for itself in play.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.