Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Buried Treasure - Watchtower  (Read 289 times)

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
Buried Treasure - Watchtower
« on: December 22, 2022, 06:13:05 am »

If Buried Treasure's default location is in play rather than the discard pile (because it's forced, not optional), does Watchtower expect to find it there so it can move it? Does that then mean there's an invisible +1 Buy + $3 next turn?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Buried Treasure - Watchtower
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 06:48:19 am »
+2

Buried Treasure's default location is in the discard pile. Both Watchtower and Buried Treasure's when-gain ability trigger at the same time, and whichever you resolve after the other has already moved it will fail.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
Re: Buried Treasure - Watchtower
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 12:23:36 pm »

If Buried Treasure's default location is in play rather than the discard pile (because it's forced, not optional), does Watchtower expect to find it there so it can move it? Does that then mean there's an invisible +1 Buy + $3 next turn?

Optional has nothing to do with it, and I don't think "default location" has anything to do with it either. Buried Treasure is gained somewhere (like your discard pile, in your hand, on your deck), and then both Buried Treasure and Watchtower trigger and can move it from there. You decide which to resolve first. If you move it with Buried Treasure (into play), Watchtower loses track of it. And vice versa: if you move it with Watchtower, Buried Treasure loses track of it(self).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.624 seconds with 20 queries.