Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Yet another question regarding TR variants playing Durations  (Read 262 times)

DaveS

• Steward
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Yet another question regarding TR variants playing Durations
« on: December 01, 2022, 11:48:15 pm »

I think I understand everything mentioned in this.
http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Duration
"When you use a Throne Room variant on a Duration, that Throne Room stays in play for as long as the Duration does."

But what I have yet to read anywhere (but easily could have missed) is this scenario: when that TR variant itself is removed from play for some reason. I assume in this case you just have to remember at start of next turn that the Duration may have multiple effects to resolve similar to when the Duration is removed from play before cleanup of the turn it was played.

Specific scenario: With Way of the Turtle in the game (or an of the ways that removes a card from play), play Throne Room which plays King's Court which on its first of two plays, plays a simple Duration (like Caravan) 3 times. Nothing unusual yet: King's Court will stay in play along with the Caravan until cleanup of the next turn and three Caravan effects will resolve at start of next turn.

But the second King's Court's play is Turtle'd which normally removes it from play. I assume that still happens here and the Caravan stays in play (along with all three of its effects) but is just sort of orphaned?

I would not miss these Duration/TR variant rules should they ever get removed!

DaveS

• Steward
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another question regarding TR variants playing Durations
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 11:52:08 pm »

Oof, nevermind, I see the rule near the bottom now!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.409 seconds with 21 queries.