Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I built an AI model to auto-generate Dominion cards. Here are the results (bad)  (Read 1782 times)

ludacrist

• Pawn
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
+6

Out of boredom, I trained a very simple machine learning model on all of the Dominion cards (including action piles, treasures, events, landmarks, etc). I then used this model to generate about 100 made-up Dominion cards, and the results are mostly hilariously bad. I bolded some of my favorites. Let me know if you'd play with any of these!

If it isn't obvious, these aren't intended to be balanced or good at all, and the formatting of the text is far from perfect, but you get the idea. For example, the capitalized words (VICTORY_POINT, ONE_MONEY, etc) are intended to be the corresponding icons.

For those into AI/Machine Learning, this was generated using tri-grams (a very simple natural language processing method for text prediction)

If this gets a response, I may spend some more time to have the model predict the cost of each card, generate a name, or create a simple website for people to play around with it. Share your thoughts below!

When you trash this, +2 Villagers.

Trash the top card of your deck. If no-one else does, +1 Card

+1 Card +1 Action Look at the top 2 cards from your hand.

+1 Card +1 Action You may reveal a Province from your hand. You may reveal a Province from your hand twice. Trash it. Gain an Estate. Put the 3 Zombies into the trash.

At the start of your next turn, +5 Cards, +1 Action, and +1 Action; +1 Buy; +ONE_MONEY .

You may immediately draw from your deck until revealing one costing exactly ONE_MONEY less per Action card costing up to THREE_MONEY more than it.

Worth 1  VICTORY_POINT per Silver on your Tavern mat. At the end of your next turn, gain a Duration card. You may spend 3 Favors to have each other player discards the rest.

You may draw a card. If you do, your choice.

You may play an Action card if you have any Coppers in play.

+5  VICTORY_POINTS. When you trash this, +1 Buy.

Trash this card. Gain a Treasure. When you trash this, +1 Card. If there are any cards in hand puts cards from your hand.

Trash this card. Gain a Horse onto your deck until you have one in play.

+ONE_MONEY Each other player with 5 or more Actions this turn is: 2+, gain an Action card costing exactly ONE_MONEY more than it.

Choose zero: +1 Card; +1 Action; +1 Buy; +ONE_MONEY .

When you gain this, gain an Action card they bought, they put their hand onto your deck. (This is not in the Supply.)

Choose one: +3 Cards; or +TWO_MONEY ; or the next such player to your hand or a Curse.

Name a card.

+ONE_MONEY When you gain an Action or Treasure, put it into your hand. Discard the Actions. Shuffle the rest back on top of your Buy phase, you may exchange it for a Treasure from your hand and discards the top card of their deck, trashes one of them. Put the Victory cards into your hand. If you do, gain a differently named card with cost exactly equal to the total cost in MONEY_ICON of the Black Market deck. Play any number of them, then put the rest back on top of their deck, trashes one of them into your hand. +ONE_MONEY per Treasure in it.

+1 Card +1 Action Discard any number of cards from your hand on top in any order. Heirloom: Lucky Coin

+3 Cards If your –1 Card token on your Tavern mat. At the start of your next turn, cards cost TWO_MONEY less than ZERO_MONEY .

+1 Card +1 Action For the rest back in any order they choose.

+1  VICTORY_POINT Trash from 1 to 3 cards in hand. (This is not in the Supply.)

+1 Buy You may trash this for +TWO_MONEY 1  VICTORY_POINT

+1 Action Discard any number of them into your hand. +1 Card +1 Action Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. Each other player gains a Curse.

When you gain an Action Supply pile. (When you play this, return it to gain a cheaper card sharing a type with it.

Look through your discard pile.

Gain a card they bought, they put their hand and discard the rest.

Trash this to add an Embargo token to the Temple Supply pile you have (round down).

+1 Action Trash a card costing up to FOUR_MONEY . You may trash this for a Hero. (This is not in the trash.

At the start of your deck; you may first trash this, to trash that card and may discard this other than during Clean-up, you may exchange it for a Silver.

Reveal a card costing up to FOUR_MONEY .

+1 Card +1 Action You may reveal this from your hand. (This is not in the Supply.)

+1 Action Reveal the top 2 cards of their deck (or reveals a Victory card, take the Treasure Chest.

+1 Card token on the bottom.

+2 Cards Each other player reveals a Victory card, you may play it.

+2 Actions Treasure Card, +TWO_MONEY Victory Card, +2 Actions Reveal cards from your hand. If you do, gain a Ghost from its pile. If you have this in play, +2  VICTORY_POINT .

Gain a non-Victory card costing up to SIX_MONEY .

You may discard an Action card costing up to FOUR_MONEY. At the end of the Black Market deck, play any number of Idols, receive a Hex.

Exile a card from their hand and gain any or all of the trashed cards.

+2 Cards +2 Actions +1 Buy This turn, when you gain a Silver.

Choose one: +1 Action; or +1 Card +1 Action Reveal the top of your turn, you may spend 2 Favors to gain a card from your hand for +5 Cards.

+2 Actions Return this to its pile. (When you play a non-Duration non-Command Action card from their hand.

When you gain this, trash this.

+1 Buy +1 Coffers +1 Buy You may discard this to its pile.

At the start of your next turn, +ONE_MONEY .

+2 Actions When you play this, gain a Gold.

+2 Cards Each other player gains a card from your hand.

+THREE_MONEY +1 Buy Trash a card from your hand.

+1 Action Now and at the start of Clean-up this turn, you may trash this to the Temple Supply pile you have of Copper - Silver - Gold.

+1 Card +1 Action Choose one: Put them into your deck. Choose one: +ONE_MONEY ; gain a card from your hand.

You may discard 3 cards. If you have at least 5 cards of your deck. Put the Coppers and Potions into your hand, to gain a cheaper non-Victory card.

Reveal your hand.

If you do, gain an Action Supply pile. (When you play a card from your hand. If you have in play onto your deck.

+1 Card +2 Actions Draw until you have this in play, face down (under this). At the start of Clean-up, you may spend 2 Favors to have each other player may trash a card from the Spoils pile. Each other player discards down to 3 cards in hand.

At the start of your turn, you may trash a Treasure card from the Supply; or gain a Curse.

+1 Card +2 Actions You may play it.

After playing a Liaison, you may put this onto your deck. Put the other cards, then draw that many.

When you discard this from play, you may set aside an Action card from your hand and draws 4 cards.

+3 Cards Each other player with any cards in hand, skipping any Action cards in hand, +2 Cards. This is gained from that pile.

+TWO_MONEY This is gained to your Action phase.

Trash up to FIVE_MONEY

Gain a Spoils from the Supply; or gain a Copper.

+THREE_MONEY This turn, when you play a Cultist from your hand.

+1 Card +1 Action +ONE_MONEY Gain a Rats. Trash a card with this in play, when you gain a copy of it in play, gain an Action card from your hand. When you gain a Ghost from its pile to this. When you gain a Duchess.

Reveal the top of their deck, discards the rest, and then if anyone trashed a Treasure card from your hand costing up to 2 copies of it in play, you may exchange it for a Madman.

Move your +1 Buy Gain a card from your hand twice. Trash it. Gain an Action in play, put it onto your deck; you may play a card costing up to FOUR_MONEY .

Draw the player to your left to your hand.

Trash a card from your hand.

+ONE_MONEY When you gain an Action Supply pile. (Then gain a cheaper card).

+1 Card +1 Action +ONE_MONEY At the start of Clean-up.

+1 Card +1 Action Name a card, then reveal the top card of his deck. If you trashed two Treasure Maps, gain 4 Golds onto your deck.

Gain a Silver per ONE_MONEY less.

When you discard this from your deck costing up to FIVE_MONEY .

Look through your discard pile at end of the game (otherwise worth 0  VICTORY_POINT ).

+2 Cards +1 Action Reveal the top card of their deck, trashes one of your next turn: +2 Cards +1 Action You may discard a card costing up to ONE_MONEY more than the trashed cards. They discard the rest.

At the start of your turn, reveal the top card of your deck.

Trash a card per empty Supply pile.

+1 Action +TWO_MONEY Name a card, you may trash a card to your Action phase.

Gain a Silver per Silver you have 5 or fewer cards in hand. When any player gains a Victory card from your hand. If it's your Buy phase this turn, if any.

+3 Cards +1 Action Each other player reveals the top card of your turn, you may play an Action card, +1 Action Reveal the top card of their deck, trashes one of them. Discard one of them costing from THREE_MONEY to SIX_MONEY , and discards the rest.

Trash 2 cards of your deck in any order.

When you gain this, receive a Hex.

+2 Cards When you play another Attack card with the same cost that you have (round down). Each other player takes their –ONE_MONEY token. On this turn (but not less than ZERO_MONEY .)

+4 Cards +1 Action Gain a Gold.

Exile an Action Supply pile. (When you play this, gain a Gold).

+1 Card +2 Actions Skip a turn. When you play a Silver per card discarded. 3  VICTORY_POINT

+1 Card +1 Action Reveal the top 3 cards in hand, skipping any Action cards in hand puts cards from your hand.

You may discard 2 cards, for +TWO_MONEY +1 VICTORY_POINT

+1 Buy +ONE_MONEY When you discard a Treasure Map from your deck per ONE_MONEY it cost.

If your journey token is face up, gain 3 Coppers to your left and pass the rest.

Draw until you reveal 2 Treasure cards. Put those Treasure cards into your discard pile. You may put it onto your deck.

+1 Card +1 Action +ONE_MONEY During a player's Buy phase, if you then have an Action from your hand for +1 Card.

Discard any number of cards from your hand.

Trash a Victory card, trash this. 2  VICTORY_POINT

+1 Card per card the player to your hand for +THREE_MONEY . Heirloom: Magic Lamp

Reveal a card from your hand to gain a Duchy Treasure card, +ONE_MONEY Victory card, +1 Action Set aside the top card of your turn, you may spend a Favor, for +1 Card +1 Action Look through your discard pile).

+1 Buy per empty Supply pile.

+FOUR_MONEY +1 Buy +TWO_MONEY .

+3 Cards +1 Action You may discard a Curse.

Gain a Silver per ONE_MONEY it costs: +1 Card; +1 Action; +1 Buy; +ONE_MONEY . Until then, when another player plays an Attack card.

At the start of your turn, discard 2 cards.

When scoring, 3  VICTORY_POINT per set you have in play (including this), each other player may discard a Treasure for +1 Card and +1 Action.

+2 Buys Each other player reveals the top of your deck. If it's a Treasure, you may discard this from your hand. Gain a Gold. Exile a Gold from your hand.

At the start of your next turn, first, put your deck into your deck. You may reveal this from your hand. Heirloom: Haunted Mirror

At the start of your turn, you may spend a Favor token you have more copies of it in play, put it onto your deck. Trash and/or discard any number of cards from your Tavern mat. At the start of your deck. Discard any number of cards. +ONE_MONEY per differently named card revealed, if it is an… Action card, +1 Action Trash a card for +1 Action. You may gain a card, then reveal the top card of your deck, put it into your hand.

Exile this after the game (otherwise worth 0  VICTORY_POINT ).

+1 Card +1 Action Discard 3 cards.

+TWO_MONEY You may gain a Victory card in hand: Discard your hand, to gain a copy of it.

+2 Cards When you gain a card, you may play an Action card from that pile, you may exchange it for a Soldier.

Reveal a card with this in play, face down on your Native Village mat (you may look at the top 4 cards of their deck, and another on the pile.

At the start of your turn, reveal the top 2 cards of your deck.

I think my favorite is "Name a card." No further action. Just name a card.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
+9

Choose zero: +1 Card; +1 Action; +1 Buy; +ONE_MONEY .

Watch out for the combo with Elder!

Erick648

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +628
    • View Profile
+2

Each other player with 5 or more Actions this turn is: 2+
This is probably true enough.  I don't think many infants or 1-year-olds play Dominion.
Duplicate duplicates Duplicates duplicate Duplicates duplicate.

Rene Descartes taught me to believe in myself.

How much Loot could a Looter loot if a Looter could loot Loot?

BryGuy

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +158
    • View Profile

"Trash the top card of your deck. If no-one else does, +1 Card", i could use that.

While not worded perfectly, this is passable with a slight addition to the front "Each player may trash the top deck card. If only you do, +1 Card."

I find MS Excel much more forgiving to program. I built a randomizer that offers a few options depending on the type of randomness you want.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

"Trash the top card of your deck. If no-one else does, +1 Card", i could use that.

While not worded perfectly, this is passable with a slight addition to the front "Each player may trash the top deck card. If only you do, +1 Card."

I find MS Excel much more forgiving to program. I built a randomizer that offers a few options depending on the type of randomness you want.

Could you use normal text?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
+2

You may play an Action card if you have any Coppers in play.

If that was a Treasure card, it may be actually usable to play dead Action cards, similar to Contract. This could be an instant variant of Coin of the Realm.

Wealthy Village
Cost: $2
Type: Treasure

Worth $1
If you have any Coppers in play, you may play an Action card from your hand.

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
+1

This is clearly the best one.

+1 Card +1 Action You may reveal a Province from your hand. You may reveal a Province from your hand twice. Trash it. Gain an Estate. Put the 3 Zombies into the trash.  ;D
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
+1

At the start of your next turn, +5 Cards, +1 Action, and +1 Action; +1 Buy; +ONE_MONEY .

This is basically a Tactician just with an extra ONE_MONEY
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
+1

Trash this card. Gain a Horse onto your deck until you have one in play.

First person to play this card would have a very distinct advantage as horses can never be in play unless Prince is involved. Although the advantage would be mitigated by the fact that your 30 horses are all top decked next to one another just drawing more horses for a good while.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 03:28:25 pm by Honkeyfresh »

xyz123

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +511
    • View Profile

FTFY.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile

FTFY.

Pretty useful if you're losing!

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
+1

This is basically a Tactician just with an extra ONE_MONEY

And without the discarding. It would be a majorly overpowered card
They/them

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
+1

This is clearly the best one.

+1 Card +1 Action You may reveal a Province from your hand. You may reveal a Province from your hand twice. Trash it. Gain an Estate. Put the 3 Zombies into the trash.  ;D

Winning strategy there. Trash your Province and gain an Estate!
They/them

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

+1 Card +1 Action You may reveal this from your hand. (This is not in the Supply.)

Neat trick, revealing the card after you've put it in play

Or is that a Reaction card with a line dividing the +1 Card +1 Action from the You may reveal this from your hand? You can just reveal it whenever you want apparently. "Hey, guys, look what I have!"
They/them

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
+1

FTFY.

"... If it's a good likeness, +2 VP"
They/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.