Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gambits (a new landscape type)  (Read 436 times)

Udzu

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +148
    • View Profile
Gambits (a new landscape type)
« on: September 05, 2022, 07:03:43 am »
+3

While putting together my Monet landscape expansion, I began looking at unofficial landscape types that, like WELPs, aren’t tied down to specific cards and can be selected with a randomiser. So far I’ve found Edicts, Acts, Paths, Wonders, Tasks and Dreams. Here’s a new type which I'd appreciate feedback on.

GAMBITS

Gambits are effects that you can trigger up to once per turn during your Action phase — either before, after or in between playing Action cards. They are therefore very similar to Acts, except triggering doesn't use up an action resource (and so doesn’t disincentivise buying Action cards). The effects are intended to be weak and not something you’d always choose. They also try to avoid disrupting the opening, and ideally should complement strategies more than they hinder them.

Here’s a blitz of initial card ideas, some of which are bound to be broken. Thoughts?

Udzu

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +148
    • View Profile
Re: Gambits (a new landscape type)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 05:11:40 am »

"Exchange" is a keyword in Dominion, so Switch should be worded as something like: "Look at the top card of your deck. Put it into your hand and put a card from your hand onto your deck."

Good point. I'll fix it (though your phrasing allows you to return the card you just picked up, which I don't want as it would make choosing this automatic).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 05:12:52 am by Udzu »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 20 queries.