Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26  All

Author Topic: M139 - Godfather Mafia - DAY 1  (Read 29703 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M139 - Godfather Mafia - Roles Sent! Please Confirm!
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2023, 04:21:05 pm »

ah, I'm also the jester
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2023, 04:30:43 pm »

ah, I'm also the jester

and also a potato
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2023, 04:35:24 pm »

I have to keep reminding myself that scum is just one person.

What do you mean scum is just one person?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2023, 04:45:11 pm »

Well, right now it is one person, the strongman.  And they know who the traitor is, but not vice versa.  So, for all intents and purposes for this day, its just one person. Since the traitor knows nothing, they aren't part of a team or acting as team, presumably.  At least that is how I read this "10 Player Game. 2 Skum v 8 Town."  Am I missing something (its me, so entirely possible)
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2023, 04:55:12 pm »

Well, right now it is one person, the strongman.  And they know who the traitor is, but not vice versa.  So, for all intents and purposes for this day, its just one person. Since the traitor knows nothing, they aren't part of a team or acting as team, presumably.  At least that is how I read this "10 Player Game. 2 Skum v 8 Town."  Am I missing something (its me, so entirely possible)

The traitor knows they're the traitor and is trying to figure out who their partner is — just like town, but with the obvious difference that they want to protect rather than attack their partner reads, and in general try to look like they're doing something useful while actually being maximally useless. And the strongman knows who the traitor is, so they ideally want to protect not just themselves but the traitor as well.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2023, 04:56:34 pm »

So, like, I don't think you're missing anything about the setup but I don't get how you get to the conclusion that it's basically the same as there being just one scum.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2023, 06:11:58 pm »

ah, I'm also the jester

You are totally a Jester!!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2023, 06:18:22 pm »

So, like, I don't think you're missing anything about the setup but I don't get how you get to the conclusion that it's basically the same as there being just one scum.

Well, in terms of there being a team or partners, its pointless since someone doesn't know who the team is so they are not working in concert.  So, the strongman is just looking out for themselves, really, which means to me that that they are only one for all intents and purposes until/unless they recruit.  We win if we find the SM, so the traitor is just irrelevant.  And since the SM can't rely on a partner to defend them if things get sticky, they have to do it themselves.  Which was the point I was trying to make.  Mathdude is doing the most work in trying to shake a wagon, perhaps because he has to. If he is the SM a wagon is freaking scary.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2023, 08:23:05 pm »

I only just saw Scola and LL’s responses to this thinking on the previous page. It looks like we all agree on it’s weird for the lone assassin!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2023, 09:28:30 pm »

Well, in terms of there being a team or partners, its pointless since someone doesn't know who the team is so they are not working in concert.  So, the strongman is just looking out for themselves, really, which means to me that that they are only one for all intents and purposes until/unless they recruit.  We win if we find the SM, so the traitor is just irrelevant.  And since the SM can't rely on a partner to defend them if things get sticky, they have to do it themselves.  Which was the point I was trying to make.  Mathdude is doing the most work in trying to shake a wagon, perhaps because he has to. If he is the SM a wagon is freaking scary.

The traitor isn't irrelevant, we stop winning if we find the SM if the SM recruits the traitor. So, if we exile the traitor today, that's great news for us and bad news for scum, which is why it's in the strongman's best interests to stop that from happening if possible.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2023, 01:11:31 am »

Vote Count 1.3

Mathdude (3): Awaclus, Joseph, Joth
gkrieg (2): WestCoastDidds, LaLight
EFHW (1): MiX
scolapasta (1): EFHW

Not Voting (3): Mathdude, gkrieg, Scolapasta

With 10 Alive it takes 6 to Exile.
Day 1 ends Monday, January 20th at 8:45pm FT.

Vote: gk[\b]
This is not a valid vote.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M139 - Godfather Mafia - DAY 1
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2023, 01:26:14 am »

OK

Vote: gk

Fixing a typo fail from earlier
he/him

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2023, 06:26:20 am »

So we have 2 wagons with L-3 (is correct terminology now meant to be E-3?)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2023, 06:27:44 am »

The traitor isn't irrelevant, we stop winning if we find the SM if the SM recruits the traitor. So, if we exile the traitor today, that's great news for us and bad news for scum, which is why it's in the strongman's best interests to stop that from happening if possible.
Agree, this is what I was (badly) trying to say earlier in the thread. Better to kill a scum than a town, even if it's "only" the traitor.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2023, 08:03:47 am »

Yes, E-3 is what we say now. ExLo instead of LyLo, too.

I still think the traitor is mostly irrelevant on D1, but I’m not sure that it really matters. It’s obvi way better for us to find the SM and just win, and I don’t think there’s any disagreement about that. Similarly, we can’t look for partner interactions because, well, there won’t be any.

My real point was that if we manage to get some sort of real wagon going on the SM, they have to try to get out of it on their own because they don’t have any cover. So, we should see more vehement actions towards that end.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #215 on: February 18, 2023, 08:26:44 am »

Yes, E-3 is what we say now. ExLo instead of LyLo, too.

I still think the traitor is mostly irrelevant on D1, but I’m not sure that it really matters. It’s obvi way better for us to find the SM and just win, and I don’t think there’s any disagreement about that. Similarly, we can’t look for partner interactions because, well, there won’t be any.

There will be! The SM knows who the traitor is and interacts accordingly. The traitor is trying to figure out who the SM is and interacts accordingly. Sure, it is way better for us to find the SM and win, but that's only a 1 in 10 chance and while we can improve that by having good reads, we can't expect it to actually happen, so lynching the traitor is still an extremely good outcome for us.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #216 on: February 18, 2023, 08:34:40 am »

Come to think of it, aren't we, like, guaranteed to be in a pretty good spot regardless of who we exile? If we misxile a random townie and scum recruits traitor, it's 2 vs 7 and we have a strong PR and an extra day's worth of stuff to analyze. Hell, even if we misxile the JK, vanilla 2 vs 7 is pretty winnable. I guess scum doesn't have to recruit traitor if they're not under any suspicion and that makes it somewhat less town-favored.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 18, 2023, 09:07:25 am »

Come to think of it, aren't we, like, guaranteed to be in a pretty good spot regardless of who we exile? If we misxile a random townie and scum recruits traitor, it's 2 vs 7 and we have a strong PR and an extra day's worth of stuff to analyze. Hell, even if we misxile the JK, vanilla 2 vs 7 is pretty winnable. I guess scum doesn't have to recruit traitor if they're not under any suspicion and that makes it somewhat less town-favored.

Yes we're basically one day ahead. The counterpart is there's just less reads to be made.

Also I think both you and Didds are right: the traitor doesn't matter much, but they still matter enough for interactions. You can, and probably should, bus the crap out of them though.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2023, 12:52:32 pm »

vote: scolapasta. Having trouble posting as scum?

PPE Huh?

I think you stole my "Huh?" in your PPE here.

Reviewing, realized that you acknowledge having trouble posting Day 1, so why would you say "huh?"

I'd love it if a couple more people would vote scola and we can see if there is any reaction. I don't think any of the other current wagons are on scum.

math, scola, gkrieg - will you be putting down votes soon? The day is almost over!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2023, 12:55:37 pm »

I looked at the wrong vote count. gkrieg could be scum. I think there'd be more activity if math was scum. I'm not.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2023, 01:27:57 pm »

OK

Vote: gk

Fixing a typo fail from earlier

Math put a vote.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2023, 03:50:42 pm »

vote: scolapasta. Having trouble posting as scum?

PPE Huh?

I think you stole my "Huh?" in your PPE here.

Reviewing, realized that you acknowledge having trouble posting Day 1, so why would you say "huh?"

I'd love it if a couple more people would vote scola and we can see if there is any reaction. I don't think any of the other current wagons are on scum.

math, scola, gkrieg - will you be putting down votes soon? The day is almost over!

Because I don't understand your vote for the reason, since you implied my trouble posting was because I was scum.

Either way, I should vote something now, as I'm about to board my first flight (and be on planes / airports for the next 24 hours).

vote: gkrieg

I know he often doesn't post much, but by this point he usually is somewhat more involved. (I'll try to check in during my layover and see if he posts by then and changes my mind here)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2023, 05:33:49 pm »

gkrieg hasn't posted in 4 days?

Prod: gkrieg

That is not alignment indicative, and if it was it would be indicative of VT.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2023, 06:03:28 pm »

Gkrieg seems like an easy vote, as he hasn't posted much at all

OTOH, seems like an easy misexile target for scum to wagon on, which I think could be the case here

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2023, 06:04:21 pm »

Ergo, I think there's scum on the gkrieg wagon, as whilst exiling lurkers seems to be common, it's an easy out for scum SM to avoid being exiled and losing immediately
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26  All

Page created in 1.994 seconds with 20 queries.