Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26  All

Author Topic: M139 - Godfather Mafia - DAY 1  (Read 29801 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M139 - Godfather Mafia - Roles Sent! Please Confirm!
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2023, 10:29:59 pm »

I just wanted to make a post, but I'll make another one.

I just have the opposite views of EFHW this game: I think scola is town, I think the wagon on mathdude makes sense (I don't know his alignment), and I also thought EFHW was playing too passively before I voted her, and I don't think her vote on scola is good enough.

Now, if I was being serious I would read meta, but I'm currently not. I might actually do it though, unlike previous games. It's just been too long.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2023, 12:50:03 am »

Vote Count 1.2

Mathdude (3): Awaclus, LaLight, Joseph
Joseph (1): Joth
EFHW (1): MiX
scolapasta (1): EFHW
gkrieg (1): WestCoastDidds

Not Voting (3): Mathdude, gkrieg, Scolapasta

With 10 Alive it takes 6 to Exile.
Day 1 ends Monday, January 20th at 8:45pm FT.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2023, 06:37:03 am »

Ooohh…. Things got spicy overnight!

Mathdude is wrong that it’s too early for wagons, especially since we tend to get quiet on weekends.

MiX is voting around as much as I’d expect.

I like when Awa is around.

I’m super suspicious when gkrieg is not around.

I wonder what happened to the Joth wagons.

I have no way to read EFHW at all. She is the best.

I vote for Joseph all the time. I’m almost never right. But it’s not the worst move.

LaLi on the quick awaclus follow would be more sus to me if mathdude hadn't made the “it’s too early” arg.

Scola seems very Scola. Which is sometimes scummy, but often not.

I have a slight preference for

Vote: gkrieg

I had forgotten about the typical inactivity of some on weekends. So you are right... it likely was not too early for wagons.

Thanks for your full thought breakdown. It started out actually useful, but unfortunately ended with a lot of fluff.
he/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2023, 06:38:16 am »

That was really rude.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2023, 06:47:14 am »

I'd definitely be happy with a non-RVS vote on Joseph. But I think we're too early to start too much of a wagon yet.

mathdude, you're in this game? I'm used to many more posts from you in these games. what's up?

Yes I'm in this game. That's why I'm posting.
Many more posts? In RVS? I don't know... it's been a while. Life changes and online habits change.

Are you being deliberately unobservant about who is in the game? Trying to poke and prod already? Keep the attention away from yourself?

Sure, I was being a little facetious with "you're in the game?". But I do think you've posted significantly less often than you normally do, even during RVS. Was curious if there was a reason.

I am fairly surprised at the quick wagon on you after that, though.

I think I already answered about a reason why my playing isn't the same. Life has changed. My online habits have changed.  Different job, family changes, and I've spent almost no time on the forums for many months. I had a hard time reading people back when we played regularly... so I don't know how much I can contribute anymore now that it's been so long.

About the wagon on me, I think it makes complete sense, given the context at the time. I don't agree with some people that it likes townie (even ignoring the fact that I know I'm Town). This game setup is different, as Scum can probably do things they wouldn't normally do, since there is less partner interaction for us to read.

I know one iterating I have always had trouble reading is gk So for now,
Vote: gk[\b]
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2023, 06:50:13 am »

That was really rude.
What about it? The comment about fluff? I just mean there's a lot of non-commital comments. Nothing that we can really confirm or push back against.
he/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2023, 07:01:10 am »

I was just getting on to "defend" you.

@mathdude voters: I get that his comment was anti-town,  but I don't see a scum narrative. Protecting Joseph? It IS early for partner theories. Hedging, certainly, but that's unnecessary for scum's agenda in this setup with several wagons going. Trying to create a no exile? Scum wants an exile. Maybe it's just that you sense anxiety in his post? I really would like to know.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2023, 07:05:41 am »

That was really rude.
What about it? The comment about fluff? I just mean there's a lot of non-commital comments. Nothing that we can really confirm or push back against.
"Actually", "unfortunately ", "fluff", "thanks" when you didn't in fact appreciate it.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2023, 07:08:29 am »

A propos of nothing, I love it that my phone still suggests mafia related words like anti-town and mathdude.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2023, 07:50:58 am »

@mathdude voters: I get that his comment was anti-town,  but I don't see a scum narrative. Protecting Joseph? It IS early for partner theories. Hedging, certainly, but that's unnecessary for scum's agenda in this setup with several wagons going. Trying to create a no exile? Scum wants an exile. Maybe it's just that you sense anxiety in his post? I really would like to know.

He could be hesitating to join a wagon on traitor!Joseph while suggesting that he totally could vote for Joseph if only not for these purely technical reasons that have nothing to do with his reads, he could be hesitating to join a wagon on town!Joseph who he knows is a misxile while leaving open the option of joining it later when it hopefully looks less scummy to do so.

Meanwhile, there's no town narrative. "Oh no, there are two votes on this random other player whose alignment I don't know, and we are only almost halfway through the day! I better do something about this" is not a believable thought process for him to have.

In general, literally everything he has done this game has been mostly about himself and being concerned about how he's being read by others, he's overexplaining everything he's doing, even when he's not even really doing anything he's somehow still explaining it. Being focused on himself stopped being alignment indicative after the wagon on him started, but he was doing it since the beginning, and he's definitely still doing it too.

Scumslip!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2023, 07:51:41 am »

I don’t hate vote: mathdude
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2023, 08:19:56 am »

Scumslip!

Wait that doesn't even make sense anymore.

I also feel like you described mathdude in every game.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2023, 08:22:40 am »

I think I already answered about a reason why my playing isn't the same. Life has changed.

Schrödinger's mathdude is playing the game exactly the same he always has, and also completely differently because of all the changes to his life.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2023, 09:21:22 am »

That was really rude.

It might be considered rude to characterize someone’s comments as worthless, especially when there are simultaneous conversations going on about naked votes being insufficient. Further, I think you’re wrong about my post not saying anything. I’m not sure exactly where you think it became meaningless, but since I shared my thinking about everyone and ended in a vote, it actually has a fair amount of value. If you mean that some of my comments are non-communal or middling, that is fair. I don’t have strong feelings about those folks, or I do but I know better than to act on them since they lead me astray so frequently. But at least you know where I stand.

I hope the life and family changes have been welcome. My work schedule is crazy pants this semester and I realize now that I way underestimated my ability to power through late afternoon classes. I am, deep my heart, a morning person.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2023, 09:24:34 am »

Also, I know we have no ability to change the name that f.ds gives us, but I freaking love that Joth is a Jester, EFHW is a spy, Awaclus is an Adventurer, Mathdude is a Conspirator, MiX is a Navigator, and I am a Diplomat.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2023, 09:36:04 am »

He could be hesitating to join a wagon on traitor!Joseph while suggesting that he totally could vote for Joseph if only not for these purely technical reasons that have nothing to do with his reads, he could be hesitating to join a wagon on town!Joseph who he knows is a misxile while leaving open the option of joining it later when it hopefully looks less scummy to do so.
My point is that there were three other wagons he could have joined, or he could have started one on his own. There was no need for scum!math to even mention Joseph.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2023, 10:53:49 am »

My point is that there were three other wagons he could have joined, or he could have started one on his own. There was no need for scum!math to even mention Joseph.

Why was there a need for town!math to mention Joseph?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2023, 11:04:32 am »

Why was there a need for town!math to mention Joseph?

If he was trying to decide whether to vote him.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2023, 12:05:36 pm »

Then there's no need for him to post anything at all.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2023, 12:18:48 pm »

Then there's no need for him to post anything at all.

Most of us do tend to think out loud sometimes. You don't, so maybe it seems scummy to you.

I don't have some great townread on mathdude, I just think the case being made doesn't hang together.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2023, 03:26:08 pm »

I think I already answered about a reason why my playing isn't the same. Life has changed.

Schrödinger's mathdude is playing the game exactly the same he always has, and also completely differently because of all the changes to his life.

Nice reference. I'm not a cat though. And when MiX said you described my every game, that's exactly what I was thinking at that point.

Find one thing I said (in this case, calling a post fluff), then it starts spiraling. Then get me as the easy D1 exile. Wouldn't be the first time.

The real question is... has scum jumped on my wagon yet or not? When would they think is the ideal time?
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2023, 04:06:34 pm »

Nice reference. I'm not a cat though. And when MiX said you described my every game, that's exactly what I was thinking at that point.

Find one thing I said (in this case, calling a post fluff), then it starts spiraling. Then get me as the easy D1 exile. Wouldn't be the first time.

The real question is... has scum jumped on my wagon yet or not? When would they think is the ideal time?

I have to keep reminding myself that scum is just one person. So, there is no reason for them to go anywhere at all, as long as they aren't they the exile, in which case I'd assume there'd be all kinds of looking to get out from under. The question is, then, is that what you are doing now?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2023, 04:15:14 pm »

Not that again. Can I make it a scumslip?

I mean, I think I get 3.5 years of this now... :)

A propos of nothing, I love it that my phone still suggests mafia related words like anti-town and mathdude.

So, even your phone thinks mathdude is mafia?

Also, I know we have no ability to change the name that f.ds gives us, but I freaking love that Joth is a Jester, EFHW is a spy, Awaclus is an Adventurer, Mathdude is a Conspirator, MiX is a Navigator, and I am a Diplomat.

Yay, I'm a Minion!

I have to keep reminding myself that scum is just one person. So, there is no reason for them to go anywhere at all, as long as they aren't they the exile, in which case I'd assume there'd be all kinds of looking to get out from under. The question is, then, is that what you are doing now?

a) I agree with this logic
b) I am always ware of people posting things like "I have to keep reminding myself that..." - I'm not saying it means youe scum, just that I feel that's something scum would do.

Right now, I'm leaning on putting my vote towards gkrieg or Lalight, as they haven't posted much and could be trying to lurk under the radar. If I were to choose an active player, I'm currently suspicious of Awaclus and joth more than mathdude. Not sure how to read MiX this game.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2023, 04:19:59 pm »

I'm not trying to lurk, I still am trying to get used to the game back. So weird.

also I just read the setup, and it's interesting. So basically we have only one person with some kind of information, which is funny, because mafia is usually "the informed minority"
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2023, 04:20:35 pm »

i don't know, anyone seems pretty townie thus far. probably vote: gkrieg13
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26  All

Page created in 2.448 seconds with 20 queries.