Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Missing cards with silver subscription  (Read 2054 times)

roque

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Missing cards with silver subscription
« on: July 01, 2022, 10:43:05 am »
+1

Apologies for what I can only guess is a silly question.

I got a silver subscription once and it seemed to work as expected, granting access to Intrigue, Seaside, Prosperity, etc.

When it expired, I renewed for another 6 months, but now I seem to have "incomplete" access to a number of sets. For example, when setting up a new table, I can see cards like Bishop, City,  but I can't see cards like Contraband, Forge, etc. I've tried looking under the icons of the sets, as well as using the search bar. This means I can't play any recommended games, because I'm "missing" half the cards.

Why could this be? Did I accidentally buy the wrong thing, or have I somehow hidden the cards? Thanks in advance!

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
Re: Missing cards with silver subscription
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 11:04:14 am »
+1

I believe that Silver has been changed and now grants access to the simpler half of cards, across all sets. ShuffleIT has their own forums which should have more information, though finding that information is not easy:  http://forum.shuffleit.nl/

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 11:21:11 am »
+2

Right, the previous "Silver" and "Gold" subscriptions have been replaced by "Core" and "Complete" subscriptions when Allies was released on dominion.games. You can find the details on the Shuffle iT forum, but JW already explained the main part.

Players wanting to familiarize themselves with cards can now choose to play with only cards of a certain maximal level (1-10), ranging from easy to complex. This means the amount of new cards when one "goes up one level" is much smaller than before, where you had only 3 options: base only (level 1 now), Silver subsctiption, or Gold subscription (all cards, level 10 now).

The old Silver subscription was honored for players that had it, so you didn't see any cards removed until you bought the new Core subscription.

If anything is unclear, feel free to ask!

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 01:20:06 pm »
+1

Right, the previous "Silver" and "Gold" subscriptions have been replaced by "Core" and "Complete" subscriptions when Allies was released on dominion.games. You can find the details on the Shuffle iT forum, but JW already explained the main part.

Players wanting to familiarize themselves with cards can now choose to play with only cards of a certain maximal level (1-10), ranging from easy to complex. This means the amount of new cards when one "goes up one level" is much smaller than before, where you had only 3 options: base only (level 1 now), Silver subsctiption, or Gold subscription (all cards, level 10 now).

The old Silver subscription was honored for players that had it, so you didn't see any cards removed until you bought the new Core subscription.

If anything is unclear, feel free to ask!

Is there a list of "Core" cards somewhere, or a detailed explanation by what criteria a card is given a level? I don't see cards like Contraband or Forge as being more complicated than Bishop or City, rather the contrary.

joefarebrother

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: joefarebrother
  • Respect: +145
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 07:05:49 pm »

If you look at the card pool levels (should be a button for it somewhere on the automatch tab), you can see what cards are in each level. Everything level 5 and below is part of Core.

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 03:40:02 pm »

If you look at the card pool levels (should be a button for it somewhere on the automatch tab), you can see what cards are in each level. Everything level 5 and below is part of Core.

At "New table", I can click on levels 1 to 10, but no cards are shown except for level 1 (=base set). Probably that's because I don't currently have a subscription. But my point is that I want to know what I would get with a Core subscription before buying it.

vidicate

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: vidicate
  • Something clever goes here
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 04:04:09 pm »
+1

At "New table", I can click on levels 1 to 10, but no cards are shown except for level 1 (=base set). Probably that's because I don't currently have a subscription. But my point is that I want to know what I would get with a Core subscription before buying it.

Have you, or anyone without a sub, tried the “View Card Pools” button on the Automatch screen? You should be able to pick any level (across the top) and it will show what all is there - under “New Cards” by default.
WHERE ARE THE TURTLES?!!! …WHERE ARE THEY?!
-----
Felix: Let's see if you guys are as good as they say.
Grif: Prepare to be sorely disappointed.
-----
Who da man? I da man. I always suspected. -Dr. House

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 05:27:09 pm »

Have you, or anyone without a sub, tried the “View Card Pools” button on the Automatch screen? You should be able to pick any level (across the top) and it will show what all is there - under “New Cards” by default.

I've found it, thank you for the help!
I play the game in German, where there is no button named "Automatch" (or a German translation of that word), but switching languages, I've found it in the English version - apparently "Automatch" is called "Spiel finden" in the German version. ???

Ordering the cards by concepts (as described there) sounds good in principle. But it doesn't explain why Forge is in level 6, it does not fit to any of the four concepts given for that level. (Neither do Hoard, King's Court or JoaT, for that matter...) And I can't find Contraband in any level's "New cards"... ???

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2110
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2022, 05:40:42 pm »
+3

Contraband isn't in Prosperity 2E, it was "replaced" by War Chest.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2022, 05:51:15 pm »
+1

Ordering the cards by concepts (as described there) sounds good in principle. But it doesn't explain why Forge is in level 6, it does not fit to any of the four concepts given for that level. (Neither do Hoard, King's Court or JoaT, for that matter...)

There's a bunch of cards that are unrelated to any of the concepts, so they're just included in arbitrary levels to smoothen out the learning curve.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

vidicate

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2022, 06:07:49 pm »
+2

Which subscription level grants access to the “Deprecated” cards?
I have them with “Complete”, of course. I’m sure this has been answered elsewhere, but figured people reading this thread might want to know.
-----
-----

IsotropicWasBetter

• Scout
  • "Goko is the Best"- said no-one ever
  • Respect: +119
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2022, 05:21:31 pm »
+3

#isotropicwasbetter

ShuffleiTIsBetter

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2022, 05:23:17 pm »
+4

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2022, 04:50:10 pm »

I have them with “Complete”, of course. I’m sure this has been answered elsewhere, but figured people reading this thread might want to know.
Since the OP does not have Contraband in their subscription, I assume they're not contained in "Core" - which would be strange, since most of them are conceptually simpler than their replacements, and certainly in the simpler half of all cards.

vidicate

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2022, 12:44:34 am »

Since the OP does not have Contraband in their subscription, I assume they're not contained in "Core" - which would be strange, since most of them are conceptually simpler than their replacements, and certainly in the simpler half of all cards.
They almost certainly were looking under Prosperity where they couldn’t see Contraband, which doesn’t answer the question of whether they have access to the Deprecated “set”.
-----
-----

roque

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2022, 10:55:55 am »

Thanks all for the explanations! It seems I missed the silver -> core switch when I renewed the subscription. As a casual (~twice a month) player I find random games a bit frustrating, as they sometimes end up very slow (eg getting curses with no way to trash) and that's partly why I seek out recommended kingdoms. If I understand it, the core/complete distinction is designed for someone getting into the game by playing lots of random kingdoms.

Is anyone aware of recommended kingdoms for Core, or even for individual Shuffle iT levels?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.