Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 3 card combo: Tactician / Salvager / Peddler  (Read 938 times)

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
3 card combo: Tactician / Salvager / Peddler
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:38:08 pm »

Three-card combos are always a little niche - the odds of seeing three cards in combination is pretty low. Which makes reading about them a lot less interesting than powerful 2-card combos which you will often see again and again.

That said, I couldn't resist showing this one.

Salvager / Peddler is a well-known 2-card combo (I'm sure someone can figure out how to link to it below). I just played a game where it was facilitated massively by Tactician.

I got the combo going by turn 8. Then the double Tactician by turn 11.

Every turn would look like this:
Draw 5 cards (plus more due to Caravan thrown in)
Play Cantrips, holding a single Peddler back
Salvager Peddler
Play Tactician
Buy a Province and two Peddlers

Repeat.

On turn 15 I purchased my 7th province.

I'll bet if I saw the combo faster It would be able to pull off 8 provinces even faster.

Again, 3-card combos are not particularly interesting, but this one sure was fun!

Here's the log:
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201204/03/game-20120403-173028-ebd3643e.html

EDIT:
I just played a solitaire game to see how fast I could win it. I discovered it doesn't work without a good cantrip card (like Caravan). I think any cantrip would work, but I tried it with only Ironworks and Conspirator available and it failed pretty badly.

EDIT 2:
Just tried it with a village - and it works even better. The extra actions allow you to salvage more then one peddler a turn. Here's a solo game log:
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201204/03/game-20120403-174936-397711c0.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:50:51 pm by ednever »

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: 3 card combo: Tactician / Salvager / Peddler
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:59:30 pm »

In reality most good players are not going to let you win a 10-0 Peddler split, especially when Salvager is on the board... It's still good at a 5-5 split, but you just need to gun for the VPs once you're ready to trash your Peddlers, because chances are you're not going to be able to replace them.

This reminds me of a game where I happened upon Tactician / Tunnel / Salvager with a village.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.34 seconds with 20 queries.