Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: An engine game where develop was key:  (Read 747 times)

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
An engine game where develop was key:
« on: April 02, 2012, 11:12:52 pm »

cards in supply: Council Room, Develop, Grand Market, Harem, Horse Traders, Island, Noble Brigand, Potion, Scrying Pool, Shanty Town, and University

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201204/02/game-20120402-200356-4cd26b85.html

Basically, a University/Scrying Pool game with no good way of gaining coin, outside of Horse Traders (bad because you want a thin deck with little to discard with Scrying pool), Noble Brigand (bad because... it sucks) and Grand Market. A uni/scrying pool engine with any combination of Horse Traders/Noble Brigand/Money actually probably fairs pretty poorly against Council Room-BM, and it takes ages to get enough coin with HT to rack up a bunch of grand markets.

So, after spamming Council Rooms (drawing my deck), I use university to pick up two more develops (I bought one early for trashing, and because I thought I could develop into.. harems), scrying pool to pick em up, then developing three council rooms into Grand Markets, then drawing them with some horse-traders shanty town shenanigans.

verikt

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
Re: An engine game where develop was key:
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 06:17:49 am »

Here's another one.
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120402-152737-5e1fa086.html
I'd say the main difference between us, the thing that won me the game was my being able to topdeck kc governor in turn 10. I was admittedly lucky his shuffle didn't bring his up before that though.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.523 seconds with 20 queries.