Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: $1,000 turn, no Native Village, no Pirate Ship  (Read 3658 times)

Wolphmaniac

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: DividedSpy
  • Respect: +279
    • View Profile
$1,000 turn, no Native Village, no Pirate Ship
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:27:09 am »

I'm sure this has probably been discussed before, but I'm kinda new here and just thinking aloud while I can't sleep.  :D

Primary Objective: Generate a $1,000 turn.
Secondary objective: ...with as many buys as possible.

Rules:
-You can play solitaire and take full control of your "opponent". 
-You may not arrange your deck.  (A side challenge would be to arrange the perfect deck sequence, but I'm gonna leave that out for now and just focus on the optimal assortment of cards.)
-No use of Native Village (would circumvent the need for drawing cards).
-No Pirate Ship (it's an easy out to trash over 100 treasures from the opponent, then KC the Pirate Ships.)

Cards:
The key to everything:
10 King's Courts
10 Coppersmiths

With all 10 Coppersmiths KC'd, every copper is worth $31.  There's no way any other treasure is touching that.  Plus, you can easily put together a massive hand of copper with 1 Counting House. 

Other cards that seem logical (Keeping in mind that you can have 10 cards from only two piles)
9 Grand Markets Cantrip money and a buy to boot
9 Conspirators More cantrip money
9 Bazaars
9 Markets
Still more cantrip money and buys

That leaves 3 more kingdom cards.  It starts to get a little more vague here, but I think one more that is a no-brainer is
9 Throne Rooms Very important to multiply the cantrip money as much as possible.  Also important to Throne Room the first King's Court.

2 more kingdom cards.  Choice between Wharf (start with big hand, lots of buys), Fishing Village (start with plenty of action and a few extra $$), Festival (more $), Embassy (hardcore sifting, and no harm in discarding coppers because Counting House will vacuum them all up anyways), Bridge (cash and buys) and Masquerade (this would actually be for the "opponent" to play so you can ditch your estates and trade them for 3 more coppers).

I think the first one is 1 Masquerade and you would have the "opponent" play this and pass you all of his coppers.  What you would do here is buy 4 estates along the way so you can pass those (and not action cards) to the "opponent" and get his coppers.  You could eventually get 59 coppers, which would be $1,829 (59*$31) if they were all in the hand with 10 Coppersmiths KC'd.

I think the last one has to be 9 Embassies.  This is the only way to generate enough sifting power to get past 59 coppers.  Discarding the coppers is harmless because Counting House will get them later.

In summation, your deck has 10 King's Courts, 10 Coppersmiths, 9 Grand Markets, 9 Conspirators, 9 Markets, 9 Bazaars, 9 Throne Rooms, 9 Embassies, 1 Counting House and 59 coppers.  134 total cards. 

Gameplay
Early on, you start gaining all the cards.  You also pick up 4 estates and have the opponent play his Masquerade, passing you his coppers in exchange for your estates. 

Eventually what you'll need is a hand starting with a Throne Room, a KC, and a Grand Market/Conspirator.  You Throne Room the KC, then KC the cantrip and have that start pulling (ideally) a KC, a cantrip, and a Coppersmith on every turn.  You will have 29 total KC plays; 2 from the first KC and 3 for every other one.  However, 19 of these 29 KC plays have to be dedicated to the 10 Coppersmiths and the 9 KC's other than the first one.  So you're left with 10 more KC plays.  9 of these should be used on any 9 Grand Markets and/or Conspirators along the way for another $54 and 27 cards pulled.  As the KC chain ends, hopefully you have a Throne Room and a GM/Conspirator now in your hand.  Your very last KC play is on TR to ignite your TR chain.  You have 8 TR's left in the deck (including the one in your hand), with the first one KC'd and the rest TR'd, yielding 17 total TR plays, 7 of which are dedicated to other TR's leaving 10 for other action cards.  Ideally your TR'd GM/Conspirator would pull another TR and another GM/Conspirator every time until you move into your Bazaar/Markets.  You'd still have 9 GM/Conspirators left when the TR chain started, so you TR 9 of those ($36, 18 more cards) and with your last TR play you TR a Bazaar/Market ($2, 2 cards).  From here on out you're just working your 17 remaining Bazaar/Markets ($17, 17 cards) and drawing out the deck with the 9 Embassies (45 cards).  At this point you've gone through 112 cards and have $90 and hopefully you end up with the Counting House in hand and at least 30 coppers in the discard pile to cover the remaining $910 you'll need. 

Thoughts/feedback?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:32:03 am by Wolphmaniac »

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: $1,000 turn, no Native Village, no Pirate Ship
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 03:44:30 am »

Not read all of this yet, but surely you want Bank?

Green Opal

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 09:14:13 am »

It can be done without any treasure cards at all:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1530.0

Although there were a couple minor mistakes in my original post solution, you should still be able to hit over $1000 using mostly Scrying Pool and Vault.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 11:27:00 am »

Here is a Scrying Pool + Vault log:
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/30/game-20120330-082400-6e042382.html

A better Black Market draw and a few other details might have squeezed out a few more coins, but I got $1249 with 25 buys without using any treasure.

Edit: Just noticed using City instead of Bazaar would have gotten me 9 more buys.

Oh, and one more comment.  I was able to specify the Chapel Bane out of the Black Market, but I had to keep generating games until Young Witch actually came up in it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:33:25 am by Deadlock39 »

Wolphmaniac

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: DividedSpy
  • Respect: +279
    • View Profile

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
  • Respect: +236
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 09:53:37 pm »

Surely Tournament improves things! Both as a cantrip source of money and as a way to get Diadem.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 11:41:19 pm »

Surely Tournament improves things! Both as a cantrip source of money and as a way to get Diadem.
And I would think Steward > Chapel here.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.362 seconds with 21 queries.