Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #147: Target Demographic  (Read 6920 times)

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1353
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
Re: Weekly Design Contest #147: Target Demographic
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2022, 10:51:01 am »

Enlist Committee • Ally
At the start of your turn, you may spend a Favor to move your cube to a set-aside Ally for it applies for you. Setup: Set aside three random Allies and give each player a cube.

I think this smooths out a lot of the issues you were having with first player moving, cards too good, etc. This is, however, going to feel real bad in four-player where one person just doesn't get an ally, and also maybe in 3p with Plateau Shepherds, League of Bankers, or Gang of Pickpockets. A more reasonable version might be "At the start of your turn, you may spend a Favor to remove one of the set aside Allies. If only one remains, swap this with it." which sort of brings in an election process but doesn't 100% hose player four.
I think, with the project cubes, this was meant to allow more than one player choosing the same Ally.

Yes, more than one player may choose the same Ally and may move to another at the start of their turn if they want.

oh that makes a lot more sense. Especially with a centralizing ally.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1976
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #147: Target Demographic
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2022, 10:57:07 pm »
+1

Oh, wow, I won? I wasn't expecting that considering the pitiful 1 upvote I got on my entry! Either way, thank you, Spineflu! I'll try to get the new contest up as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.426 seconds with 20 queries.