Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New traveller-type cards  (Read 952 times)

sudhish86

• Steward
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudhish86
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
New traveller-type cards
« on: March 04, 2022, 01:36:14 am »

Hi. I have new card types. They act like travellers and cost $4-7 in order to help the last one not get trashed by being in the $3-6 range. Please give a response for each one. Thanks.

The first type are Vendors. The idea is to amass coffers and pressure other players to not buy cards.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 05:35:58 am by sudhish86 »

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1454
    • View Profile
Re: New traveller-type cards
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 02:05:47 pm »

This is nearly strictly better than Advisor, for the same cost. Both cards are non-terminal (i.e. they give you +1 Action to replace the one you [generally] spend playing it) and they give you 2 out of the top 3 cards in your deck. With Advisor, your opponent gets to choose the best of the 3 to take away. With Deckhand, they have to guess between the top card and the 3rd card (which they don't get to see). And you always get the 2nd card on your deck, so when that is the best one (which it will be roughly 1/3 of the time) Deckhand is much better.

The only time Advisor would be better is in some rare edge cases where the 3rd card would trigger the shuffle (something still within your opponent's control) or with on-discard Reactions (e.g. where the 3rd card is Village Green [which is the strongest card]; 3 Tunnels).
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 05:29:39 pm »

You have a lot of typos and errors in syntax. I'd suggest looking carefully at the Travellers.

For example, you don't need a line between "When you discard this from play..." and "(This is not in the supply)" BUT, both need to be corrected on most your cards. The word "discard" should not be capitalized, but the sentence should have a period at the end of it (most don't). The last line should say "(This is not in the Supply.)" in italics (you can do this in the card editor by starting the line with an i in backets), with the T and S capitalized, and a period inside the parentheses. In the card editor it would look like this.

Code: [Select]
[i](This is not in the Supply.)
You also say things like "gain a coffer." But Coffers are never gained (you only "gain" a card). Instead, it should be "+1 Coffers" (always plural, even, if its just 1, as in Baker).
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 11:51:40 pm »

hi. i would like this thread deleted. i am re-doing the cards i posted here and want to post them in a new thread.

thanks.

You can remove your individual posts. At the top-right of the posts is the word "Remove" next to an icon of a piece of paper with a red "X". I suspect that if you delete the original post it will remove the thread (if not, you can just delete the individual posts, and I will delete mine).
he/him/his

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.