Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How the hell did this happen...  (Read 983 times)

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
How the hell did this happen...
« on: March 31, 2012, 02:09:52 am »

I won on turns. Thank god for that, otherwise I might have had to quit the game..

I saw his opening and stopped concentrating on my play *too* much, but still wasn't like, actively ignoring strategy. I'm just dumbfounded...

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/30/game-20120330-230737-3393862d.html

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
Re: How the hell did this happen...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:22:07 am »

Uh....

1. Managing to get Merchant Ship early was a way to bundle up more money on one turn.
2. +$2 Trade Route came at exactly the right time (with already played Ship) for early Gold.
3. Facilitating more Gold buys and so on...

But yeah that's just silly.

(Also out of curiousity, I pitted YW/Tunnel against BMU on the simulator. BMU still wins 0.263% of the time. If BMU can still win about 1/400 games against something like YW/Tunnel...Well, let's just say that's some silly luck)
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Toskk

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
Re: How the hell did this happen...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »

Well, your buying power was pretty weak, overall.. you did a lot of trashing of Coppers, and very little gaining of treasure. You had an effective $17 in the deck at the end (with zero Gold, and that assumes Merchant Ship, Black Market, and Trade Route don't ever collide), with only around 4-5 hand-increasing draws (depending on luck with Menagerie) each cycle (~4 turns). Also, why grab both Salvager and Upgrade when your opponent has already done the work of upgrading Trade Route turns 1 and 2?

But yeah, as Titandrake mentioned, there's a lot of luck involved, too.. I've had some 100% BM games that have managed to grab 4 Provinces by turn 12.. the odds of that are terrible.. but it happens. :P
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.251 seconds with 21 queries.