Miscellaneous > Non-Mafia Game Threads

Dominion Quardle

(1/26) > >>

infangthief:
Wordle led to Quordle, where there are four words to be guessed.
So Dominion Cardle leads to Dominion Quardle!

Four cards at once? Not quite - a bit more interactive.

* Each player picks a card: In Quordle, there are four words to be identified. Here, there are many cards to be identified - each other player has picked one.
* Choose your own properties for scoring: When you pick a card, you should also choose 5 properties that you will use for scoring. See next post for some suggestions.
* One guess per day: Each day you may guess a card. Then each other player (when they get round to it) will score your guess against their card, using their chosen properties.
* Score-and-guess: Before making a new guess, you must score everyone else's guesses against the card you picked.
* The game rolls on: When someone has identified your card, say well done and pick a new one.
I think it will feel like Quordle, where your guesses are contributing to finding several different words/cards at once. But once it is rolling, there will hopefully always be cards at different stages - some "almost complete" and some fairly new. So in your single guess each day there should be a card that you have a good chance of identifying, which should be quite satisfying I think.

Some clarifications:

* Official cards only, and no landscapes (for now).
* When you pick a card, try to avoid anything anyone has guessed recently.
* When you pick a new card, you can stick with the same scoring properties you used last time, or change them.
* You can score other people's guesses more than once a day if you like (and that might be helpful to get the game started), but you can't make more than one guess per day.
* You can join the game any time. Just announce that you've picked a card, announce your properties for scoring and make a guess to try and identify the other players' cards.
EDIT 16th March 2022: Simplified, modified, rewritten!

infangthief:
Properties for Scoring

When you pick a card, you also need to choose 5 properties of it. You will use these properties for scoring everyone else's guesses against your card.

Here are some properties which probably work ok. Choose 5 of these, or make up your own:

* Cost - the card's cost (decide how you'll handle debt, potions, overpay etc)
* Handsize - your handsize after playing it from a normal starting 5-card hand (decide how you'll handle unplayable cards and cards that play other cards)
* Coins and Coffers - how many Coins and Coffers it gives you (decide how you'll handle things like Counterfeit and Philosopher's Stone)
* Actions and Villagers - how many Actions and Villagers it gives you
* Deckbuilding - how it changes what cards belong to you - gain, trash, exile from supply, return, exchange etc
* Interaction - the card's effect on other players, or player interaction more generally
* Expansion - the set(s) that the card is in (decide how you'll handle base cards and promos)
* Types - the card's types
* Copies - number of copies of the card in a 4-player game
For each property, you'll score blue if it is correct, orange if it is in some way correct or grey if it is not correct.
Often it is a bit subjective. Try to be generous with blues, and helpful with oranges.

See the Cardle tread for more examples, and to see what kind of things seem to make life easy/difficult for the scorer.

infangthief:
What do people think about categories for scoring?

Do they need to be precisely defined, or will it work with things being a bit open to interpretation, as in the current Cardle games?

Precise definitions can get tricky quite quickly. Simple categories like Cost and Expansion are probably good. But we would need to define some more interesting ones too.

infangthief:
I've simplified things a bit and rewritten the summary in the OP.

Also I've given up on the idea of standardised properties for scoring. I think it is not feasible to come up with properties which are universal enough and yet simple enough. So let's try with decide-your-own properties.

I think it will be fun. Who wants to play??

vidicate:
/in
Deciding each’s own properties is a good idea. This looks fun, thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version