Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 110347 times)

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1100 on: March 12, 2022, 02:47:24 am »

Good morning. Probably still evening for Swowl and absent-Galzria.

Another thought I had about mathdude is that the night-kills have been the people who would not vote for mathdude. faust and e. gkrieg is the only one left who hasn't been happy to vote there. So I wonder if scum have been setting things up for a mathdude mis-exile.

If mathdude is scum then at least one of his partners has been doing some serious bussing. The only non-busser could be gkrieg.
Galzria and Swowl ending the day on him twice, each time with him the leading wagon at the end of US time for the day.
EFHW and me been pushing his wagon a lot, EFHW placing the X-1 vote here.
Didds, MiX and joth all on this X-1 wagon at the moment. If there is a busser it is among these three. Didds is unlikely to bus in my experience. joth, could be bussing, but quite gutsy the way he's joined the mathdude wagon towards the end of all three days. So we back to MiX as the most likely busser.

So, maybe MiX is bussing. But I think far more likely that mathdude is town and scum have set him up.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 12, 2022, 03:24:09 am »

Explain “set up”
If I’m not hear tomorrow someone insist upon exactly what that means. Names concepts, not general stuff
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 12, 2022, 03:24:30 am »

Here tomorrow*
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 12, 2022, 03:28:44 am »

Just to be super duper clear - on my phone - but the latest sentence. How in the absolute hell yeah is math being “set up”?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 12, 2022, 03:31:51 am »

K.been more than enough time.
Hammering. Not allowing myself to go to sleep and see it flipped to Galz or Mix.
I’ll give it 15-20 minutes
real good. That’s how

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 12, 2022, 03:53:12 am »

Explain “set up”
If I’m not hear tomorrow someone insist upon exactly what that means. Names concepts, not general stuff

Ok, replying, don't hammer.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 12, 2022, 03:55:14 am »

Set-up as in, pretty much everyone that scum has left alive so far has been happy to vote for mathdude.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 12, 2022, 03:59:09 am »

Just work it through - if mathdude is scum, who can his partners possibly be? gkrieg could be for sure. But there must be one more.

MiX might be bussing. But I can't see anyone else who could realistically have bussed as much as they have.

If mathdude is scum, it surely can only be with gkrieg and MiX. Can you see any other possibility?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 12, 2022, 04:01:27 am »

But I think far more likely MiX is scum and not bussing, rather than MiX is scum and bussing.

I'm pretty dead-set on MiX.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 12, 2022, 04:04:11 am »

I suppose from your (or anyone else's) POV, I'm probably the most likely mathdude busser. Especially given my defence here.

So mathdude + gkrieg + me.

But it's not.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 12, 2022, 04:06:36 am »

I think it's MiX + joth + X.

More likely than MiX + gkrieg + mathdude.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 12, 2022, 04:07:33 am »

I'm off now but will be back at some point before end of day, so long as Swowl doesn't hammer here.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 12, 2022, 05:08:09 am »

Is it really impossible for me to be town and math to be scum? I ended up not finishing my reread, so I'll default to sheeping you if you think that scenario is truly impossible, fang.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 12, 2022, 05:22:20 am »

Is it really impossible for me to be town and math to be scum? I ended up not finishing my reread, so I'll default to sheeping you if you think that scenario is truly impossible, fang.

I mean, not impossible, but if mathdude is scum tell me who you think has been bussing mathdude this game? Or, you know, if you are actually town you at least need to think it through even if you don't publicly announce who you think is bussing.

The other thing I would like from you MiX is to tell me why you think mathdude is scum. Maybe you said so already, but the thing I'm remembering is that you were sheeping me.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 12, 2022, 05:31:12 am »

EFHW, I know you've said too early to be looking for teams. And I agree with you to some extent. Looking for teams before there have been any scum flips was tying me up in knots.

But there is also the thing where people say, even day 1 "that wagon grew too fast / too easily, I don't think it is on scum".

This feels a bit like that, except that we have three days of wagons growing on mathdude, with everyone except gkrieg voting there and everyone except gkrieg and (I think) MiX putting some weight into pushing the wagon.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 12, 2022, 05:32:55 am »

I mean, not impossible, but if mathdude is scum tell me who you think has been bussing mathdude this game? Or, you know, if you are actually town you at least need to think it through even if you don't publicly announce who you think is bussing.

The other thing I would like from you MiX is to tell me why you think mathdude is scum. Maybe you said so already, but the thing I'm remembering is that you were sheeping me.

A lot of this game only makes sense if Didds or math are scum. Otherwise, who's scum, EFHW/Swowl/Galzria? That seems unlikely, so I was trying to focus on those 2. And in my short (incomplete) reread of D1, I kept stopping at math posts that were pinging me. I think Swowl's arguments also make more sense if Didds is town and math is scum, so overall I think math is scum.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 12, 2022, 05:47:34 am »

A lot of this game only makes sense if Didds or math are scum. Otherwise, who's scum, EFHW/Swowl/Galzria? That seems unlikely, so I was trying to focus on those 2. And in my short (incomplete) reread of D1, I kept stopping at math posts that were pinging me. I think Swowl's arguments also make more sense if Didds is town and math is scum, so overall I think math is scum.

Ok, thanks for explaining.

And yes, if you (MiX) are town, then you probably need to think that Didds or mathdude is scum.

As someone who doesn't know whether you are town or not, this game starts to make a lot more sense to me if you are scum.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 12, 2022, 06:19:50 am »

Vote: mathdude

Galzria is a terrible idea today. Even if he's scum, which he's not, his exile will tell us absolutely nothing about who his partners are. I think his disengagement is a null-tell, but if it's anything it's a town tell because Galzria tends to try pretty hard as scum.

This is very Joth sounding like MiX and it makes me nervous
Hmm, yes, I suppose so. Actually, this is joth's first post in like about 36 hours. A weird way to rejoin the thread.

Ah yes. So weird to show up slightly before deadline, express a negative opinion about the leading wagon, and vote for a competing one. What a bizarre reason to show up and make a post.

M133 FDS on a Plane Mafia is the game I was remembering, where Galzria kept promising stuff but not providing it, and was scum. So there's definitely precedent for Galzria not being tryhard as scum. I notice you weren't playing in that one.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 12, 2022, 07:07:04 am »

PPE a whole bunch... I had typed this out yesterday, but forgot to post it apparently. I'm working to catch up on the night posts now.

Re: strong views on scola...

Looking back, it's seeming more now like there were views on whether to exile him for not posting... but I felt at the time like there were strong views on whether his few posts were scummy or townie. I thought he was scum and if so then there were definitely people defending him.

As for the votes on me right now... I have no idea what to think. We're at lylo tomorrow if I'm exiled. Will the be enough info to solve the game? I have nothing more than minor gut feels about people, and I could see just about anyone still being scum for various reasons. It's annoying.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 12, 2022, 07:26:30 am »

Mostly caught up... a lot of fang and Swowl overnight, with a bunch of MiX mixed in.

Less than 2 hours to deadline. Votes sit at 4-2 me/Mix? Hammer at 5. Swowl, fang, gk, or I think Galz could hammer. But scum doesn't even need to hammer with plurality exile, if one is off-wagon. Most of the 4 votes on me seem set, and if none move off, I'm exiled unless all remaining 5 end up on the same person. So it's possible all scum are on me, but ot doesn't have to be true.

Up to this point reading, if rather move back to Didds. But unless at least 2 or 3 come online and move there, that vote does nothing. So for now, I'll

Vote: MiX
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 12, 2022, 07:28:44 am »

Math not claiming is a scumslip.

So, who wants to hammer?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 12, 2022, 07:29:27 am »

Also, MiX doubling down to say he's sheeping fang, but then not unvoting me is a bit odd. Although now he has self-preservation as an argument
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 12, 2022, 07:30:22 am »

So, who wants to hammer?

What game are you playing? I'm an unhatched green egg. What is there to claim?
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 12, 2022, 07:32:58 am »

So, who wants to hammer?

That? That is something to claim? Or had you said that before?

This answer looks townie, but it's too late for be to back down.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 12, 2022, 07:57:01 am »

Also, MiX doubling down to say he's sheeping fang, but then not unvoting me is a bit odd. Although now he has self-preservation as an argument

So, who wants to hammer?

That? That is something to claim? Or had you said that before?

This answer looks townie, but it's too late for be to back down.

I have no expectation of MiX backing down.

I am hoping that Didds and/or EFHW might reconsider and move to MiX. At the very least I would like them to have a think through who mathdude's partners could possibly be. I've given my thoughts on that in #1100 in case that helps.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 54  All

Page created in 1.216 seconds with 20 queries.