Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 110446 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #475 on: February 22, 2022, 04:46:52 am »

I would love to hear any arguments for why Dylan is town. So far all I've seen is like, concerns about wagon composition, or finding someone else scummier, and neither of those explains the vehemence of the opposition to me.
Who do you think is vehemently opposing it?
You, joth, MiX mainly. There are a couple of other people on the mathdude wagon that haven't really given an opinion on Dylan - EFHW, Galzria, Swowl.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 22, 2022, 06:59:25 am »

Dylan is my least favorite of the viable wagons.

Me being vehemently opposed to something, apparently.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 22, 2022, 07:00:13 am »

I would love to hear any arguments for why Dylan is town. So far all I've seen is like, concerns about wagon composition, or finding someone else scummier, and neither of those explains the vehemence of the opposition to me.

I would love to hear any arguments for why he's scum!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 22, 2022, 07:01:34 am »

I would switch back to e if there were a chance of that happening. Dylan is my least favorite of the viable wagons.

Hold on.

Its plurality exile and your vote switch took E! to 2 and brought Math up to 4. Prior they were tied at 3-3.
If you prefer E! over Math... why make the change?

So e was leading, then math voted for Dylan, putting Dylan in the lead. I preferred math to Dylan, and moving my vote made tied them at 4. Meanwhile, e really did seem stalled out (though it seems less so now? Idk)

In other words, staying on e didn’t make e a contender for the exile, but switching to math did make math a contender (though I don’t actually know how ties work with the plurality)

So then you just are just like sold on one or both of them being skum then?

No? It's day 1. I'm not sold on anybody being scum. But I'm more sold on them then on Dylan.

idk why anyone's acting like they're more than like 35% sure of anything at this stage.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 22, 2022, 07:03:16 am »

Vote: e

He/him

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2022, 07:27:22 am »

Vote count 1.fang

Dylan32 (4) : faust, 2.71828....., mathdude, gkrieg13
mathdude (4) : EFHW, Swowl, infangthief, Galzria
2.71828..... (3) : Dylan32, MiX, jotheonah
scolapasta (1) : WestCoastDidds

Not voting (1) : scolapasta

Currently, Dylan is set to be exiled. (joth leaving mathdude puts mathdude and Dylan on 4 each, with Dylan having been on 4 for longer.)

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2022, 07:33:31 am »

vote: e
Mostly just to take out the "blame-free" self-preservation option for Dylan.
(Which is the reason e and mathdude joined the Dylan wagon yesterday, I assume.)

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2022, 07:39:21 am »

EFHW (can't remember if you said you'd be around again before deadline),
When you asked me why I wasn't voting for mathdude, why did you not ask e also? After all, it was e's post that you quoted immediately before you placed your vote on mathdude.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 22, 2022, 07:39:55 am »

Who do you think is vehemently opposing it?
You, joth, MiX mainly. There are a couple of other people on the mathdude wagon that haven't really given an opinion on Dylan - EFHW, Galzria, Swowl.

I see faust tunneling and not otherwise assisting in any scumhunting. I also see Dylan resting on a case from the very start of the game and not responding to my observation that it relies on MiX also being scum. And I see mathdude seeming to scumhunt but not actually doing any of the work involved and relying on the old "gut instinct" answer to every question, even though his posts implied reasoning had been done. I don't understand the case on e at all. Are the same people accusing Dylan also accusing e? Those are mutually contradictory positions.

So I'm ok with Dylan or math being exiled  Not much reason to move my vote.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 22, 2022, 07:41:24 am »

(to faust)

I don't see why Dylan is scum. Does he need to make more wallposts? I feel like the read you have on Dylan is the same I had on scola, and I oppose it for the same reason you opppsed my read on scola.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 22, 2022, 07:47:23 am »

Hmmm…. Dylan’s engagement today is decidely more towny.
Why do you think so?

Mostly the enumerated list of why he is towny, and especially the point that he has more tryhard as scum.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 22, 2022, 07:48:08 am »

(to faust)

I don't see why Dylan is scum. Does he need to make more wallposts? I feel like the read you have on Dylan is the same I had on scola, and I oppose it for the same reason you opppsed my read on scola.
His first game post felt very "need to post something with content". Then he used his early case as an excuse to not do anything else, which seems like a scum thing to me: I've found my fake case, I want to stick to it because otherwise I have to make up something else, and that's hard.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 22, 2022, 07:50:34 am »

Answering fang's question ...

I think any sort of "if X is scum Y is town" (along with any other combination of that statement) is premature at best

This

I didn't vote math for the either/or, remember? It was for the lack of substance behind his very strong statements.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 22, 2022, 07:51:25 am »

(to faust)

His first game post felt very "need to post something with content". Then he used his early case as an excuse to not do anything else, which seems like a scum thing to me: I've found my fake case, I want to stick to it because otherwise I have to make up something else, and that's hard.

You know what’s not hard is switching your vote to e.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 22, 2022, 07:52:00 am »

Why do you think so?

Mostly the enumerated list of why he is towny, and especially the point that he has more tryhard as scum.
Meh. I think there actually was tryhard (see my previous reply to MiX). The "I build strong cases" thing was actually present here. And as to "I would be more active as scum", which seems the only point of values left... I'm not sure that's true, what I remember from Dylan is sporadic bursts of activity as either alignment.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 22, 2022, 07:52:22 am »

Vote Count 1.5
A chef's hat has a number of pleats equal to the number of ways that chef can cook eggs.

That is charming!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 22, 2022, 07:52:30 am »

(to faust)

You know what’s not hard is switching your vote to e.
It's not hard... for scum. e is actually one of the towniest players around here.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 22, 2022, 07:53:27 am »

There isn't really a case on e. (At least, I posted one, but I flip back and forward on whether I even believe it myself.)

I think most people are voting e for just slightly scummy things / turns of phrase he's said.
First one for me was his second post of the game, where he answers the question that he asked in his previous post.
Joth and Dylan each mentioned other ones when they laid their first votes. Galzria possibly also, I can't remember.

e went through a phase of announcing about 4 different people were town, or day 1 passes for him. Which is possibly towny, but so much of it in a row just seemed like he was laying into the "faust doesn't like this, look I'm going to do it anyway to show I don't care". (Ok, what I'm saying here is maybe just similar to mathdude's "scumhunting" of MiX; I was already thinking e was likely scum by that time.)

Otherwise, I don't think e has done much (or any?) scumhunting. There was a bit possibly on gkrieg, but he didn't have much to say when challenged. And of course in that context there was this exchange, which I still don't know what to make of:
Gkrieg's read-and-reply regarding math feels.... Genuine? But I don't see it as townie.

Just feels like he was about to white knight math then decided to keep some shade going.

Not calling math scum, but just keeping the option alive
Genuine?
White-knighting + shading?
Which one?

Genuine in the sense that he read the first post, reacted one way, then kept reading and reacted another way

And then the interactions with mathdude, who may well be scum.

PPE: 7

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 22, 2022, 07:56:15 am »

I think any sort of "if X is scum Y is town" (along with any other combination of that statement) is premature at best

This

I didn't vote math for the either/or, remember? It was for the lack of substance behind his very strong statements.

Quite. But you picked out me to ask what I thought about the lack of substance behind his strong statements. Why did you not also pick out e to ask that?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 22, 2022, 07:56:35 am »

vote: e
Mostly just to take out the "blame-free" self-preservation option for Dylan.
(Which is the reason e and mathdude joined the Dylan wagon yesterday, I assume.)
Why not just vote Dylan?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2022, 07:56:47 am »

Is anyone willing to CFD onto Didds, or are we doing Dylan/e today?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2022, 07:57:56 am »

This

Quite. But you picked out me to ask what I thought about the lack of substance behind his strong statements. Why did you not also pick out e to ask that?
I picked out you because you had just made a detailed case against him but didn't vote.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2022, 07:58:07 am »

Has anyone talked about EFHW at all today? Or faust? They seem to be going low. Galzria too, but I already gave him a D1 pass.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2022, 07:58:26 am »

Why do you think so?
Meh. I think there actually was tryhard (see my previous reply to MiX). The "I build strong cases" thing was actually present here. And as to "I would be more active as scum", which seems the only point of values left... I'm not sure that's true, what I remember from Dylan is sporadic bursts of activity as either alignment.

You undoubtedly know him better than I because you pay better attention to detail. For me, that series of posts had some thought and some of the frustration that comes with trying to prove you’re town when no such proof really exists. My reasons for voting for him were based entirely on what appeared to me as a calculated lurking because he’d pop by for short, usually funny kinds of check ins but not much more. So, when he did more it made a difference.

Scola has been the same way, but his more is now arguing about whether or not he is rude and I don’t see that as redeeming in the same sort of way.

All that said, there is no one else on scola right now, so I’ll move my vote in the next hour.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 22, 2022, 07:59:57 am »

Is anyone willing to CFD onto Didds, or are we doing Dylan/e today?
I'd vote Didds over e. Otherwise not strongly motivated in that direction atm.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.871 seconds with 20 queries.