Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 110656 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2022, 10:16:28 pm »

(quote inside quote, etc.)

But now, this post I read pretty scummy. It comes off as being very aware of how he might be perceived and trying to stop any wagon momentum before it picks up. But, I think he misses the point of why he is getting votes.

I suspect most people are at least somewhat aware of how they are being perceived.  And I am still trying to figure out how not to get exiled D1 as town, without just lurking.  I could say very little, and just be here, and likely not raise flags.  But then why even play the game?  As soon as I say stuff, it seems to be taken (by some) as instantly looking scummy.  And I'm trying to learn from that each game.  I'm trying to adapt game-to-game, while still being me (and not just being what the group meta expects every player to post like... since there is no actual "normal" like this anyway).

Ok, that's the end of my long reply of posts for today.  If there's anything else still outstanding that someone wants me to reply to, please let me know.  Otherwise, let's move on.  Let's figure out which of MiX, e, Dylan, gkrieg, me, Didds, or whoever else... should we start honing in on.  I believe we're less than 35 hours away now, and it's a plurality exile.  We don't need to get 7 votes on someone, but we also don't have the fallback of "no exile" even if we did feel that was a good choice (which I agree with posts from earlier that it's probably not a good choice here).

From that list, I'd now lean most toward MiX or Didds for exile today.  Dylan would be my next choice.  e has moved more to the townie-side for me.  And I'm reading gkrieg as mostly townie too.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2022, 11:31:19 pm »

The latter.
I just ISO'd Swowl, wow he has only asked questions this entire game.
Swowl, can you state your conclusions after finding the answers of at least 2 of your questions? You can pick the questions, I just want to see something written from you that isn't a question.
Ooh, ooh, you can start with why you're voting math! That might help others too.

The lots of questions thing is something I have been trying to implement in early games recently because I will be the first to admit - it is the weakest part of my game by a mile. It had not been working in recent games because mainly... people just refused to answer.

That being said, looking back, the majority of my questions did not have anything clever planned behind them to like "catch" someone - they were literally just for clarification and/or confirmation.

1. All the early questions I asked faust were pretty much just to see if I got the "refuse to answer" response.

2. Fang asking pasta if they realized the game has started I have already answered.

3. Everything else, I believe, I am either waiting for answer still on, or was just for clarification or confirmation.

And to the point of my vote on Math it was pretty much 100% regarding their reads list post:

1. They accredit MiX and E! earlier for being good enough players to either push off a D1 wagon or to control a the minds of the the town Day 1. But then they say that they both cannot be skum. That doesn't make sense to me. If they are good enough to do the adformentioned things, then they are good enough to gambit interaction as skum. Also, while they have since answered to it... not a huge fan of the whole "day 1 if someone is town then the other is skum" concept.

2. They say I am playing normal D1 as I normally do - which I am aware (ie. questions, general interaction, post volume day 1) that I am not.

3. Calls out WCD and GK as potentially skummy for their play, but their play lines up perfectly for me as normal.

4. Ends with isolating 2 players, MiX an E!, which, like above... I just find skummy this early.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2022, 11:32:37 pm »

Swowl, I'm fairly sure gkrieg is talking about mathdude's scumminess here.

Re Reading, yeah I think you are right. I was just held up on the inclusion of the "play in real life" quote.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2022, 11:44:51 pm »

I’m en route and getting caught up.

Swowl, weird that you think I’m not usually a fan of EAL (LAL), but that just means that you’re not paying super close attention to my D1s. Lurking is perhaps the only think I find overtly scummy. That is often where I vote.

I have no idea who I am getting mixed up in my head with you in regards to day 1 reads... but yeah... super quick skimmed a few games and obviously (as you know, bc you're you)... you are correct.
but now you got me on a tangent trying to figure out who it is I was mixing you up with, dammit
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 21, 2022, 12:44:10 am »

Haven't heard anything from Galzria in forever. Scolapasta is prodable again also. What insights do you have?

Am i? I'll see if I can post something tomorrow or later tonight.
This did not happen - shocker.

Request prod on scola
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 21, 2022, 03:28:08 am »

Haven't heard anything from Galzria in forever. Scolapasta is prodable again also. What insights do you have?

Request prod on scola

You're right i didn't get to it. And i may not add it's a long holiday weekend here.

Regardless, i don't have much to say anyway, because i don't have time to read and it's d1 and so i don't find this very useful. Maybe after the fact, after we have a flip. Which I'm sure is why you want me to post.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 21, 2022, 03:53:26 am »

Request prod on scola

You're right i didn't get to it. And i may not add it's a long holiday weekend here.

Regardless, i don't have much to say anyway, because i don't have time to read and it's d1 and so i don't find this very useful. Maybe after the fact, after we have a flip. Which I'm sure is why you want me to post.
Has there ever been a post more strongly calling for a policy exile? Or maybe we can get a modkill.

6. Players may request prods on other players if they have not posted in 24 hours. Players are subject to replacement or modkill after one prod.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 21, 2022, 03:55:57 am »

To be clear I want you to post not so we have something to analyze, but because you signed up for a game and are now refusing to play it, and it makes the experience worse for everyone involved. I find your behaviour extremely rude.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 21, 2022, 04:29:45 am »

I am fine having a discussion about exiles for inactivity, but discussions about moderator intervention are best handled through direct message. Based on my experience as a mod who made a determination to mod-kill a player due to inactivity.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 21, 2022, 04:32:35 am »

I am not totally opposed to a lurker exile, not usually what I would do, but for a totally vanilla D1, I don't think it is the worst idea
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 21, 2022, 04:37:08 am »

I am not totally opposed to a lurker exile, not usually what I would do, but for a totally vanilla D1, I don't think it is the worst idea
Why does whether it's vanilla have an impact on whether we should exile a lurker?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 21, 2022, 05:16:21 am »

I think scola is scummy independent of his activity.

Vote: scola

Mostly his post about being an egg and cracking feels like exactly the type of posts I like to reply to when I'm busy as scum. As town I would then try to reply to a useful post.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 21, 2022, 05:21:39 am »

Why does whether it's vanilla have an impact on whether we should exile a lurker?

I guess my thought is that PRs might act differently. Like when I have a role that (in my head) makes me "too valuable to exile" I might play differently. And get myself in hot water for doing so.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 21, 2022, 05:47:14 am »

Mostly his post about being an egg and cracking feels like exactly the type of posts I like to reply to when I'm busy as scum. As town I would then try to reply to a useful post.
He's not as scummy as Dylan. But certainly a better exile than either e or mathdude.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 21, 2022, 06:23:58 am »

Mostly this case is unconvincing because when you compare to scola's D1 as scum in M136, it's completely different. He was actively trying to participate, making long posts etc. I have doubts that he would take this zero-effort approach as scum here.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 21, 2022, 06:28:14 am »

I will go ahead and join the

Vote: Dylan

wagon based on sheeping faust and for the sake of wagons. I do need to go back and iso Dylan, but don't have time right now.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 21, 2022, 06:28:57 am »

Mostly this case is unconvincing because when you compare to scola's D1 as scum in M136, it's completely different. He was actively trying to participate, making long posts etc. I have doubts that he would take this zero-effort approach as scum here.

Sure, but in that game he was active, right? Besides, if you think that, why are you pushing him?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 21, 2022, 06:30:12 am »

Actually, here's a better question: why did you out that read on scola, faust? Shouldn't you have waited on that? That seems like the kind of thing you would try to not say.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 21, 2022, 07:24:44 am »

Actually, here's a better question: why did you out that read on scola, faust? Shouldn't you have waited on that? That seems like the kind of thing you would try to not say.
We're only just over 24 hours away from the deadline, it's a time where steering town away from misexiles has value.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 21, 2022, 07:26:53 am »

Sure, but in that game he was active, right? Besides, if you think that, why are you pushing him?
I hadn't given scola much thought until I noticed he was again missing. I went and looked at his last scum game when you voted for him to see if that exile was as good as Dylan. I concluded that it wasn't.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 21, 2022, 07:28:34 am »

Alright.

Vote: Didds

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 21, 2022, 07:32:13 am »

Alright.

Vote: Didds

Ah, yes. An even more useful session with 24 hours remaining.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 21, 2022, 07:32:36 am »

Useful wagon*

My swipe to text failed me

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 21, 2022, 07:49:45 am »

Well if I don't vote there then no one will consider it as an option, so...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 21, 2022, 07:54:17 am »

Well if I don't vote there then no one will consider it as an option, so...
Why should we consider it as an option?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54  All

Page created in 2.081 seconds with 19 queries.