Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24  All

Author Topic: BM 34: Groundhog's Day Mafia -- GAME OVER, mafia wins flawlessly  (Read 42839 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: BM 34: Groundhog's Day Mafia
« Reply #425 on: January 21, 2022, 10:32:03 am »

So, there's a chance we're both town and there's shenanigans going on, but given Swowl didn't die, we should exile one of us first. Unless there's some hidden deaths going on and this is secretly XiLo, we should be fine, right?

Well, time to ISO scola I guess.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 21, 2022, 10:36:45 am »

What thread got locked? Why is that relevant?

The QT got locked and so I was not allowed to answer the question there anymore.

So wait, is it only day? or only night? Is that typical for neighbors and not just open all the time?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 21, 2022, 10:38:01 am »

Wait, hold on, surely Didds should use her one-shot day vig today, right? It's probably not even one-shot because of the looping days.

What thread got locked? Why is that relevant?

The QT got locked and so I was not allowed to answer the question there anymore.

So wait, is it only day? or only night? Is that typical for neighbors and not just open all the time?

Most neighborhoods are night only. Well, I don't know about most, but some are.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2022, 10:44:08 am »

I'm Punxsutawney Phil, the Roleblocker.

I picked scola and then math.

Sigh. 

I'm an odd night Rolecop and got results both nights (including when I was supposedly roleblocked. Both people I've checked claimed what I was told they were.

N1 - WCD - one shot day vig
N1 - mathdude - neighbor

Oh, and Flavor is Rita, the producer.

Audible sigh here too.

Vote: scola

Well, at least we're not all town here.

I'm Punxsutawney Phil, the Roleblocker.

I picked scola and then math.

do you have a modifier?

I'm just a full roleblocker.

Hey, I sighed first!

So here's where my head is at:

Clearly something going on with MiX and me. I am happy to vote MiX because if it, but my gut says it's something else going on. As no other investigative role had been claimed before MiX claimed, scum!Mix I think would've assumed a good chance I might be one, and so chose as a "fake" target someone else. So I do think I suspect gkrieg here. I could see him worried about rolecop so choosing to claim even night bus driver in case a role cop only saw the bus driver part.

I think WCD likely town based on role (my guess is the bastard aspect of this game with repeating D1s is enough for there not to be other components) as that is usually a town role. While I didn't exactly breadcrumb it, you'll notice that on (second) D1 I never posted any scum read of her because I knew this role.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2022, 10:55:36 am »

We only have night chat.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 21, 2022, 11:00:29 am »

We only have night chat.

Ah, I had missed that... yesterday was a little busy for me.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 21, 2022, 12:48:04 pm »

What's the flavor for the bus driving? That's normally a scum role.

What do you mean? It just says bus driver (even though I drive a van)

Well usually a mod will tie the power into the character or story. Like my character is a big cheese in the community, so I get an extra vote. How is mixing people up and redirecting their actions represented flavor-wise?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 21, 2022, 01:14:57 pm »

Well usually a mod will tie the power into the character or story. Like my character is a big cheese in the community, so I get an extra vote. How is mixing people up and redirecting their actions represented flavor-wise?

Did other people get that? Mine has absolutely none of that. Although I am the only VT.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 21, 2022, 01:17:30 pm »

Did other people get that? Mine has absolutely none of that. Although I am the only VT.

This is interesting to me.

As is MiX being the only action role without an odd/even modifier.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 21, 2022, 02:17:48 pm »

Swowl, do you have anything else that might help us? Did you have a role? Do you know if it still works? Do you know anything about the fact that you were exiled but still here?

No reason not to share some stuff.
I have no clue whatsoever about the mechanics of the game - like why I am alive.
I do not know if I can vote and it counts or anything like that.

I have a role, but I have no idea if it still works. Or will ever work. I am also Even Night only.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2022, 02:19:10 pm »

Didds - Are you aware or not if your day kill sends us to Night, or does it just go off (and possibly extend the day?)

I have no idea. As you all know, I’m like the very worst person to be a vig. I hate killing my friends.  But I can kill our exile choice if we want to see?

Yeah well that was the thought I had, not sure if it is the best option or not, but yeah...
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2022, 02:25:52 pm »

mine is actually kind of tied in, and then in the flavor role pm it is even like "explained" how it is connected to my role.
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2022, 02:37:19 pm »

Swowl, do you have anything else that might help us? Did you have a role? Do you know if it still works? Do you know anything about the fact that you were exiled but still here?

No reason not to share some stuff.
I have no clue whatsoever about the mechanics of the game - like why I am alive.
I do not know if I can vote and it counts or anything like that.

I have a role, but I have no idea if it still works. Or will ever work. I am also Even Night only.

Interesting, that doesa give gkrieg a little more credibility on the even night part.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2022, 02:37:38 pm »

mine is actually kind of tied in, and then in the flavor role pm it is even like "explained" how it is connected to my role.

Same here.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2022, 04:18:12 pm »

We can definitely test how one-shot my shot is. I will shoot whomever Swowl says should be shot, or if he thinks I should shoot whomever we intend to exile.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2022, 05:36:15 pm »

OK.

Roles that make sense:
1) Math and Awaclus in a Hood - Not saying they are both town, by a long shot, but roles themselves fit.
2) EFHW 1 Shot Double Voter - If Town cannot vote once they are killed, having a double voter def fits in.
3) WCD - 1 Shot Day Vig - Same concept as EFHW, a mechanic to help town catch up. Also could be reversed though if we are missing something. but role makes sense. and there is just no way WCD is lying "about the role" at a minimum.

Roles that kind of make sense:
1) Pasta Odd Night Role Cop - So there is the obv issue with the mix vs pasta claim. Which is not a small thing. But outside of that, it makes sense. It could also be a skum role that is true.
2) GK Even Night Bus Driver - It makes sense in the sense that I have an even night role. That is pretty much all I got on that.
3) Mix Perma Role Blocker - The role itself is off, but so is Even Night shit. Something to note that someone brought up before, is that when Mix Claimed there was only one person left. So it COULD be skum RB... but if it was... you would think that they actually BLOCKED pasta as opposed to just claiming it.
4) Galz Odd Night Doc - In a game with no deaths and no flips on NKs this seems like a role that could potentially exist. It is also outlandish given those parameters, but it is a BM so who knows.

The Mix v Scola thing I *think* is Town v Town and someone messed with Mix. Leaving me at either GK or Galz today.
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2022, 05:36:33 pm »

I think the exile should really be either scola or MiX. Not only do they have conflicting claims, they both have stopped or tried to stop an exile this game, which is the only way we get any information on flips, so it is extremely scummy to do so.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2022, 05:39:50 pm »

This is a useless conversation, and a distraction.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 21, 2022, 05:43:36 pm »

I wonder what would happen if we tried to exile swowl again? Not saying we should, though...

I wonder what would happen if we tried to exile swowl again? Not saying we should, though...

I was wondering the same thing. But are we too late in the game? Missing exile first D1 probably ruined this?

I was wondering the same thing. But are we too late in the game? Missing exile first D1 probably ruined this?

Why are so many people bringing up the concept of exiling an IC?
I get it, its a bastard game yeah yeah.... but I would think it is safe to say there is enough going on that assumes to be favoring skum without adding on lies about the flip. Which is outlandish even for a BM.

To be clear, it's not exiling an IC, but exiling an already exiled IC. But yeah, I wasn't actually suggesting we do it, and speculating about it is likely just a waste of time.

Though, it did get some reaction from my (still) top scumread, so maybe that's useful?

These three are the scummy quotes from math and scola, and then the D1 stuff with MiX and math not coming in to hammer scola.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 21, 2022, 07:02:34 pm »

Why are so many people bringing up the concept of exiling an IC?
I get it, its a bastard game yeah yeah.... but I would think it is safe to say there is enough going on that assumes to be favoring skum without adding on lies about the flip. Which is outlandish even for a BM.

To be clear, it's not exiling an IC, but exiling an already exiled IC. But yeah, I wasn't actually suggesting we do it, and speculating about it is likely just a waste of time.

Though, it did get some reaction from my (still) top scumread, so maybe that's useful?

These three are the scummy quotes from math and scola, and then the D1 stuff with MiX and math not coming in to hammer scola.

There's no way I would have said that if I was scum. I try to do everything I can to not bring attention to myself. As town, I feel I more freely share my opinions, even if they may not be as acceptable mainstream.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 21, 2022, 07:14:15 pm »

Regarding roles... as they were being claimed, the odd-night made sense, given multiple D1s. The even-night bus driver claim seemed very fabricated.

But now that Swowl has said his role is even-night, I'm questioning my initial reactions above.

Does anyone in this game know of a way to get out of this loop? I don't know if we publicly need to know how yet, but it seems like it might be helpful to know whether we can.

joth, is it possible to get to D2 in this game while the game is still running?
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2022, 07:51:19 pm »

You are the one that made it a topic of interest.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2022, 07:52:38 pm »

You are the one that made it a topic of interest.

Not on purpose though.

Regarding roles... as they were being claimed, the odd-night made sense, given multiple D1s. The even-night bus driver claim seemed very fabricated.

But now that Swowl has said his role is even-night, I'm questioning my initial reactions above.

Does anyone in this game know of a way to get out of this loop? I don't know if we publicly need to know how yet, but it seems like it might be helpful to know whether we can.

joth, is it possible to get to D2 in this game while the game is still running?

We massclaimed already, so it seems no one knows a way out. So let's keep flipping players.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2022, 07:54:08 pm »

GK you f it’s mix or pasta for you - which one and why?
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2022, 08:13:45 pm »

The Mix v Scola thing I *think* is Town v Town and someone messed with Mix. Leaving me at either GK or Galz today.

I agree with this
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.