Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24  All

Author Topic: BM 34: Groundhog's Day Mafia -- GAME OVER, mafia wins flawlessly  (Read 42873 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: BM 34: Groundhog's Day Mafia
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2022, 01:07:09 pm »

Phil Connors wakes up in his bed and breakfast in Punxsutawney, ready to deliver an unenthusiastic news report about the groundhog looking for his shadow. Entirely focused on himself, he fails to notice that something is amiss in the town of Punxsutawney. The Punxsutawney mafia are lurking, looking for their chance to make trouble.

Wait a minute, that all sounds extremely familiar. He already delivered that news report! The mafia already made trouble! He's lived this day before!

Vote Count 1.1

MiX (1): Awaclus
scolapasta (1): WestCoastDidds
mathdude (1): scolapasta
Swowl (2): Galzria, mathdude

Not voting (4): EFHW, MiX, Swowl, gkrieg13

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to exile.

Day 1 ends at 2:30 pm ET on January 15th.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2022, 01:10:14 pm »

I think we need to exile someone to see if the day just keeps happening. I don’t think waiting until Friday when gkrieg is unswamped is a good idea since deadline is Saturday.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2022, 01:18:59 pm »

I think we need to exile someone to see if the day just keeps happening. I don’t think waiting until Friday when gkrieg is unswamped is a good idea since deadline is Saturday.

+1
he/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2022, 03:55:16 pm »

Good idea. Vote: WCD
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2022, 04:27:58 pm »

Well, there you go.

This would've been more helpful if one of us had flipped. Sorry about that.

I think something we can conclude from that EoD is that if Swowl's scum, Swowl's buddies were either voting on me or not around. There's just no way they would risk me showing up and hammering. I didn't reread though, and I'm still kinda busy until tomorrow, so that's all I really have for today.

Pretty much because of this logic (bold) and another thought, that MiX is solid town lock.
1. MiX as skum had the absolute perfect self D set up to hammer me with no shade to be cast on them.
2. MiX, or like anyone really, as skum... when they are the other wagon... is going to "forget about the game" at DL to the extent they don't even come in to vote.

As it happens, I am Town. so that makes me I guess suspicious of players that put themselves in a situation where they could not last minute switch to either MiX or myself without it being skummy. Will look into who that is...
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2022, 04:46:09 pm »

2. MiX, or like anyone really, as skum... when they are the other wagon... is going to "forget about the game" at DL to the extent they don't even come in to vote.

Why is it more conceivable that this would happen as town?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2022, 04:46:23 pm »

Also,

The Punxsutawney mafia are lurking

time to exile all lurkers, it's mod confirmed they're scum.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2022, 05:27:34 pm »

I didn't call it random, just pointless. And yes, I get the point is to see how people react. But I'd argue, that's not actually effective. It would be interesting to see some analysis on how well anyone's D1 reads actually are...

A very 1-dimensional outlook. You're only considering "how people react" as a direct influence on reads. But there's a lot more to the purpose of voting than that. It creates connections. Is scum!MiX more likely, or less likely, to put a vote down on a partner in early RVS phases? What about Awaclus, or anybody else? An RVS vote may not have any weight or reason, and the "reaction" it generates may not be all that valuable (especially D1) - but every vote says something about the person making it - They choose who for reasons that are very rarely random (or pointless).

- Are you saying this as NAI? I don't think I can think of single RVS vote I have ever made as town that was not completely arbitrary.

i.e I think the point of either is just to encourage more chatter - and this is true for both town and scum. town trying to weed out scum, scum trying to learn town's roles. I'm not sure why one is actually better than the other. I'm just not of fun of picking someone and voting for them without at least a piece of reasoning.

- Galz wants to know "why pursue a line of convo that is beneficial to skum"... I just wanna know how you think "skum trying to learn town's roles" is not clearly worse than "town trying to weed out skum"?

Swowl, I am curious, as are others, I think, about your stalwart defense of scola. Can you tell us what's behind it?

I don't think I ever got an answer to this.

I totally missed that you asked this. Answer is pretty much what we talked about here:
EFHW - what you find skummy about that?
Like also mix what do you find skummy about the response he had?

Could they of responded in a way that was not going to be skummy? Or was it just the fact that they responded?

It has the ring of a classic scum post - making generalizations about how they play and how town and scum play. Safe stuff, no commitments.

I'd vote him, but I don't want to put him at E-1 so early in the day.

do you disagree with anything he said?
he was answering a question right? all of it seems to check out to me.
There is no definitive answer, it is open ended, so I don't see not having commitments here skummy. Nor towny.

I felt like he was the first engagement in the game in just a crazy weak way that people jumped on it. All he did was say RVS is worse than set up talk (or the other way around, I don't remember, because IT DOESN'T MATTER) and then 2-3 just piled on him. Then someone asked him for justification and he gave it and people said it was skummy that he answered the question the way he did. I just didn't agree with any of it. The one thing I didn't understand (how skum learning town PRs vs Town finding Skum) I called them out on, and I feel as if they answered it well enough.

Honestly, thinking about it now more... my suspicion list should be the people that continuously pushed pasta
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2022, 05:31:43 pm »

Why is it more conceivable that this would happen as town?

Technically, I suppose you are correct. I still feel like skum is less likely to "forget about the game", but your point is valid.
real good. That’s how

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2022, 07:01:38 pm »

Also,

And who would you define as the lurkers?
he/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2022, 09:16:41 pm »

Also,

And who would you define as the lurkers?

The Punxsutawney mafia.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2022, 12:15:13 am »

Does anyone else feel like we're going in circles here?  Like things will keep repeating over and over again?
he/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2022, 12:24:49 am »

Cool.

People I won’t Exile today: Mix, Scola, Awaclus
People we should Exile today: Swowl
People I could consider, but don’t think are the best options: mathdude, Gkrieg
People that I would need to see a REALLY good case for: EFHW, WCD
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2022, 12:28:32 am »

Math:

Why did you vote Swowl today? You said you were willing to make the switch before deadline, but never did. Obviously your preferred exile of choice at the time was MiX, otherwise you wouldn’t have been there. Why have you switched to Swowl now, instead of trying to convince someone from his wagon to vote for MiX today?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2022, 12:33:36 am »

Scola:

You moved to Swowl late in the day, I’m assuming to consolidate votes for an Exile? Today, you’ve opened back up by returning to where your vote was before the switch (on Math). Barring any relevant new information, why do you think that exile has more of a chance of going through today than it did yesterday? I don’t really see you making any new arguments for it - or trying to bring up old arguments either.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2022, 12:34:55 am »

Scola:

You moved to Swowl late in the day, I’m assuming to consolidate votes for an Exile? Today, you’ve opened back up by returning to where your vote was before the switch (on Math). Barring any relevant new information, why do you think that exile has more of a chance of going through today than it did yesterday? I don’t really see you making any new arguments for it - or trying to bring up old arguments either.

Didds, same question to you RE: Scola.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2022, 12:37:42 am »

EFHW, MiX, Swowl & gkrieg - You were all voting by the end of day yesterday. You’re not voting now. What’s changed? Who do you think is scum?

Mafia Record:

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2022, 01:21:05 am »

Does anyone else feel like we're going in circles here?  Like things will keep repeating over and over again?

I think the problem's on your end, buddy.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2022, 01:25:08 am »

Cool.

People I won’t Exile today: Mix, Scola, Awaclus
People we should Exile today: Swowl
People I could consider, but don’t think are the best options: mathdude, Gkrieg
People that I would need to see a REALLY good case for: EFHW, WCD

Just curious - why won't you exile MiX or scola today?  They were both very viable at certain points yesterday.  Their potential exile today could give valuable intel on others in the days to come - who was willing to or not willing to vote for whichever we choose.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2022, 01:27:20 am »

Math:

Why did you vote Swowl today? You said you were willing to make the switch before deadline, but never did. Obviously your preferred exile of choice at the time was MiX, otherwise you wouldn’t have been there. Why have you switched to Swowl now, instead of trying to convince someone from his wagon to vote for MiX today?

"Preferred" on D1 is a very flexible term.  I think either would be a good choice today.  I think when I voted, it was mostly showing I was willing to vote Swowl and try to get the wagon going again (and that EoD1 wasn't a "convenient" forgetting to switch the vote like I said).
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2022, 01:30:38 am »

So you think you can just "buddy" me, and then I'll follow along with whatever you say?  Should I start sheeping your votes now too?  Sorry, but that's not the way I play.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2022, 02:18:17 am »

EFHW, MiX, Swowl & gkrieg - You were all voting by the end of day yesterday. You’re not voting now. What’s changed? Who do you think is scum?

personally, I voted mix for self prez and iirc I already said why I am not on that anymore.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2022, 07:59:03 am »

I'm not voting because I'm busy. It turned out I would only have time for this game today (instead of yesterday), so I should be rereading tonight. I was voting scola for some of his early posts, but I don't really remember why because I didn't write anything down.

So you think you can just "buddy" me, and then I'll follow along with whatever you say?  Should I start sheeping your votes now too?  Sorry, but that's not the way I play.

That is not what Awaclus meant by the word "buddy".

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2022, 08:02:22 am »

Scola:

Didds, same question to you RE: Scola.

When the day started again, and I looked at the VC from the end of the day, Scola stuck out to me as the person who was not on one of the wagons, which I find a scummy non-committal place to be. That, combined with his posts from the first day made me think k it was worth seeing where that might go.

Yesterday after I posted that I thought we should get on with the exiling (as opposed to dragging out until Friday) I was going to switch my vote to Swowl (who continues not to engage with me which is SUPER weird) but it would have been e-1 so I held off.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2022, 08:05:11 am »

But maybe movement is better than no movement.

Vote: Swowl . That is e-1

Also, it’s my birthday! Have some cake for me today, y’all! 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24  All

Page created in 2.192 seconds with 20 queries.