Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34  All

Author Topic: M136: Mouse Mafia (GAME OVER - RATS WIN)  (Read 70045 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
M136: Mouse Mafia (GAME OVER - RATS WIN)
« on: September 09, 2021, 11:44:01 pm »

Might as well throw my hat in the ring for hosting. There are already at least 4 other games with signups or at least "gauging interest" - M135, an RMM, a BM, and a Legacy series in progress. I'll let most of these go before starting up this game.

This will be a very simple relatively simple game - mostly back to basics. (In the future, I'll host something more complex). Setup, rules, possible roles, etc. will be posted closer to game starting are now posted. It can handle flexible numbers, but I'd like to see a minimum of 10 (though 13-16 would be better).

The Rules:

The Golden Rule:
This is a game. Everyone who signs up to play must be considerate of each other, never get personal, and focus on having fun. Once the game starts, having signed up is a commitment: inactivity is just as inconsiderate as rude comments.

The Standard Rules:
1. No communication between players outside of the game thread at any time. This includes passing references, jokes, or cases in other games or threads, whether in context or not.
2. If the game thread is locked, do not post. If you are unsure if something is locked, ask the mod by PM.
3. Direct or verbatim quoting of mod-provided information (including QT opening and closing times) is strictly forbidden. Paraphrasing is okay.
4. Actions with instructions that do not specify a game state will be resolved in the order they are received.
Night actions will be resolved in the following order: roleblocks, protections, investigations, kills. Actions from the same category happen simultaneously (e.g. RB'ing a RB'er doesn't do anything, if you kill a killer their kill will still go through).
5. Players must post once every 24 hours.
6. Do not edit or delete posts, ever. If you need to clarify or correct something, post again.
7. Invisible text, font size less than 10, and spoiler tags are not allowed.
8. Cryptography is not allowed.
9. The time between an exile being reached and a flip being provided is called twilight. All players may continue posting during this time, including the exiled player.
10. Dead players may not post in thread or QT, except their Role QT. An exiled player is not "dead" until a flip has been provided.
11. Personal multimedia, such as video or audio recordings, are not allowed in the game thread.

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in bold, in this format: Vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable, or any string that uniquely identifies a user. Note that the point of voting is, in fact, unambiguity, and attempting to make it unclear to other players (or, of course, mods) which user you are voting for is very ill-advised.
2. Unvotes should be in this format: unvote or Unvote: Playername.
3. Unvotes are not required if changing your vote from one player to another.
4. You MAY vote: no exile.
5. Exiles occur when a simple majority (rounded up) of living players is reached. Once reached, an exile cannot be undone.
6. If a majority exile is not reached by the Day's deadline, a plurality exile will NOT takes place. There will be no exile that day.

The Rest:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the mod. Players may not use it.
2. If you have an issue or problem with the game, please PM the Mod. Do not post complaints in the game thread.
3. Mods make mistakes - please point them out gently. If they can be corrected, they will. If irreversible, they will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. If a mod error disadvantages one faction greatly, the game may be called off.
5. Ask all questions and make all requests directly to the Mod via PM. Questions deemed as "universal" (defined as questions for which the answers should be available to all players) will be requested to be re-posted in the Game Thread and answered there.
6. Players may request prods on other players if they have not posted in 24 hours. Players are subject to replacement or modkill after one prod.
7. All rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, as determined by the mod.
8. Each player will receive their own QT*, regardless of role. Don't quote from it.
*with QT being shut down, it will still be determined how to facilitate communication in this game.

Deadlines:
1. Days will last seven IRL days.
2. Nights will last two IRL days. Night actions may be submitted right up until thread is locked (at or shortly after the 48-hour mark).

Players:
infangthief - Reepicheep, a Goon rat dressed in mouse clothing - survived to the end
Swowl - Speedy Gonzales, a Modified Bodyguard - died using his role N1 protecting Dylan32
WestCoastDidds - Fievel Mousekewitz, a RoleCop rat dressed in mouse clothing - survived to the end
MiX - Mighty Mouse, a Vanilla Townie - exiled D1
scolapasta - Pinky, a Roleblocker rat in mouse clothing - exiled D3
Dylan32 - Jerry, a town-aligned Mayor - killed N3
EFHW - Nynaeve, a town-aligned Even-Night Vigilante - endgamed
jotheonah - Mrs. Brisby, a Vanilla Townie - endgamed
faust - Minnie Mouse, a Vanilla Townie - exiled D4
Joseph2302 - Mickey Mouse, a Vanilla Townie - exiled D2
gkrieg13 - Stewart Little, a town-aligned RoleCop - killed N2

Game Tracker:
Day 1 Start
Day 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Day 4 Start
Endgame
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 11:50:52 am by mathdude »
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M136: Mouse Mafia (Sign-ups)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 11:44:24 pm »

Potential Roles:
The actual set-up will remain hidden.  Non-vanilla roles that are used will come from the following list, but not all of them will be used!  Vanilla Townies (VTs) and Vanilla Mafia (Goons) will make up the remainder of the roles.  Role type (see Standard Rules #4) will be shown in brackets in the list.

Possible Town Roles:

Roleblocker (roleblock) - may target someone each night and prevents that person from using their role that night (or the following day*)

Doctor (protection) - may target someone each night and if they are targeted to be killed, the kill will not happen

Modified Bodyguard (protection) - may target someone each night and if they are targeted to be killed, the bodyguard is killed instead and the original target is revealed to have been targeted.

Cop (investigation) - may target someone each night and is told whether they are guilty (scum) or innocent (town)

Insane cop (investigation) - may target someone each night and is told whether they are guilty or innocent, but receives the opposite result as what it should be; is told they are a normal "Cop" and just flips Cop upon death.

Role Cop (investigation) - may target someone each night and is told which type of role that person possesses (roleblock, protection, investigation, killing, vanilla, or day)

Even-Night Vigilante (killing) - may target someone each even night to kill (i.e. Nights 2, 4, 6, etc.)

Mayor (day*) - their public vote (during the day) counts as 2 votes

Drunk (day*) - their public vote (during the day) does not count; is told they are "Mayor" and flips Mayor upon death.

Because Mayor and Drunk (if used) are not public information, official vote counts (during the day and final at ends of days) will only state who voted for whom, not the current actual vote counts.

If a Mayor vote has occurred and a simple majority is reached that is not known publicly, the "hammer" vote will be quoted when the thread is locked at end of day.  A Drunk vote may be cast that may mean an apparent simple majority is not actually such, so continue posting and voting until the thread is locked, not knowing whether you are in twilight or still in the day.

Possible Mafia Roles:

Roleblocker (roleblock) - may target someone each night and prevents that person from using their role that night (or the following day*)

Role Cop (investigation) - may target someone each night and is told which type of role that person possesses (roleblock, protection, investigation, killing, vanilla, or day)

Kingpin (killing) - if this role is in play, this is the only mafia who may go for the kill, but after their death other mafia members must choose one of them to give up their own role and take on this role

*Note: Day-type roles that are role-blocked at night become a VT the following day (both Mayor and Drunk revert to VT for the day). 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 09:52:47 am by mathdude »
he/him

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 03:39:39 am »

/in

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 11:57:38 pm »

Yeah, I guess I am also just gonna jump /in
Let's get one of deese moving :)
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 12:22:51 pm »

With Dylan's Among Us Mafia just ended, I am ready to go as soon as we get enough signed up.

(But since that was a basic mafia game and so is this... if any open-for-sign-ups RMM or BM games, or the Legacy BSG want to run next, just let me know and I'll wait).
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 06:46:07 pm »

/in but I better not be the drink because I have no idea what that means
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 06:53:33 pm »

Parity cop! Almost bastard voting! Closed setup! Everything can go wrong!

/in

Also, put the rules in your first post, the second post should be reserved for the setup.

...Oh, and modified Godfather should have another name entirely if it doesn't protect against cops. I think you wanted it to be flavorful, but just pick some other name.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 06:56:38 pm »

Ah, and something I forgot to write: you should still post vote counts, just without any numbers. Not doing it will just make players have to maintain vote state on their own, which is unnecessary busywork.

And...Vigilante should be called Even-night Vigilante. You can call Bodyguard "Modified Bodyguard" if you want, because it's different enough.

Okay that should be everything.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 07:12:02 pm »

I hope I get to be either P/inky or the Brain
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 07:24:17 pm »

/in
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 08:20:21 pm »

/in but I better not be the drink because I have no idea what that means

I assume you mean the Drunk. If used, they will be told they are the Mayor and that their vote counts as 2, but in reality their vote will count for nothing at all. It's possible this could affect endgame in a close game. I'm aware of and okay with that.

Parity cop! Almost bastard voting! Closed setup! Everything can go wrong!

/in

Also, put the rules in your first post, the second post should be reserved for the setup.

...Oh, and modified Godfather should have another name entirely if it doesn't protect against cops. I think you wanted it to be flavorful, but just pick some other name.

Not Parity Cop in my understanding of the role with that name.

I'll update setup/rules posts later this evening.

Godfather... would Hitman be a better role title?

Ah, and something I forgot to write: you should still post vote counts, just without any numbers. Not doing it will just make players have to maintain vote state on their own, which is unnecessary busywork.

And...Vigilante should be called Even-night Vigilante. You can call Bodyguard "Modified Bodyguard" if you want, because it's different enough.

Okay that should be everything.

Noted about vote counts. Will do. Same with role title modifications... I'll update soon.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 08:28:31 pm »

Godfather... would Hitman be a better role title?

Kingpin?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 08:29:19 pm »

Might as well. I was going to just make a random list and assign them. But might as well let you guys choose if you want.

Anyone already in, edit your post (I know, break a rule!) or post again, or even PM me if you want a specific mouse. New signups, same story. If you don't care, I'll pick one for you.
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 09:15:05 pm »

Might as well. I was going to just make a random list and assign them. But might as well let you guys choose if you want.

Anyone already in, edit your post (I know, break a rule!) or post again, or even PM me if you want a specific mouse. New signups, same story. If you don't care, I'll pick one for you.

Ha! I don't actually care; I just like to /in within the context of the game, so had to find a mouse name with those letters (my other option was minnie :) )
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 09:40:28 pm »

I’m totally fievel mousekewitz. Mostly because I don’t know the name of the Ratatouille mouse.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 11:14:53 pm »

I shall be Speedy Gonzalez please and thank you
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile

Dibs on Jerry (of "Tom and ..." fame)
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile

If a majority is reached but not known publicly (via Mayor), when does the day end?

Reepicheep please.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

If you Roleblock (or more thematically Jailkeep) a Drunk, you're forcing them to sober up for the next Day.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

If a majority is reached but not known publicly (via Mayor), when does the day end?

Reepicheep please.

When I lock the thread and post the final vote "count".
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

If you Roleblock (or more thematically Jailkeep) a Drunk, you're forcing them to sober up for the next Day.

You've posted twice here... are you in?
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Not at the moment sorry, I have other things I need to focus on.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Wouldn't anyone with a Mayor PM just claim? And end up generating way too many ICs?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile

Wouldn't anyone with a Mayor PM just claim? And end up generating way too many ICs?

Only works if they're not roleblocked and everyone claims it.

Mayor's already potentially a triggered IC. Probably doesn't need a breaking strategy.

Oh! Do cops and mayors flip their sanity/drunkness when they die?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile

/in. I'll be Nynaeve (the name of one of my gerbils).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.