Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Early Conspirator activation  (Read 2191 times)

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
Early Conspirator activation
« on: August 05, 2021, 02:47:36 pm »
+1

Hey, someone just added something to a rules-clarification section on the wiki, which I thought seemed like an oddball enough scenario to make a good puzzle. If you've seen the wiki edit, don't answer!

On a given turn, I carry out exactly three plays of Action cards. The second and third Actions I play are both "activated" Conspirators—i.e., they're both Conspirators that give me +1 Card / +1 Action in accordance with the text on Conspirator, stipulating that that happens if you've played three or more Actions this turn.

How on earth can this happen?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
Re: Early Conspirator activation
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 05:33:22 pm »

Sounds like Command card shenanigans of some sort.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

AJD

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 07:27:48 pm »

Sounds like Command card shenanigans of some sort.

Not saying whether or not this is my solution, but... can you make it work? Remember, playing Band of Misfits / Conspirator counts as two separate Action card plays, even though the Conspirator never enters the play area.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 03:33:05 am by AJD »

Illice

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Illice
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 10:18:47 pm »
+5

With Innovation and a villager, first play Kiln, then play a Conspirator. Before resolving Conspirator, gain a Conspirator and play it using Innovation. The second Conspirator is the third action played and thus an activated Conspirator. And by the time the first Conspirator is resolved, you have already played three actions so that it's also an activated Conspirator.

AJD

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 12:59:53 am »

With Innovation and a villager, first play Kiln, then play a Conspirator. Before resolving Conspirator, gain a Conspirator and play it using Innovation. The second Conspirator is the third action played and thus an activated Conspirator. And by the time the first Conspirator is resolved, you have already played three actions so that it's also an activated Conspirator.

Yay!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 06:10:16 pm »
+1

Wow. I kind of hate and love that “if you’ve played 3 or more Actions this turn” is not automatically the same as if Conspirator instead said “if this is the third or more Action played this turn” or “if you’ve played 2 or more Actions this turn before this”.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 04:47:31 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

IlstrawberrySeed

• Baron
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 09:46:58 pm »
+1

I can get all 3 activated, but it technically involves playing more cards with WotM and Reaction plays, as well as having 2 diffrent WotMs
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.